: Just Took Escalade to Dealer

Rich909
12-16-11, 12:05 PM
I'm the original owner of one of the first 2007 Cadillac Escalade produced that I originally purchased back in July 2006.

I had a couple of things that I needed to take the Escalade into the dealer for but have been dragging me feet due to being busy.

I finally found some time and have about 71,000 miles on it now.

I've had the same issues while it was still under warranty and should of taken care of this stuff then but I finally came around to dropping it off yesterday.

I needed to get the Heated Washer Fluid System removed, the interior door handles replaced due to the chrome peeling and the reveal moldings replaced due to peeling and and delaminating.

I was not expecting them to take care of the reveal moldings due to some of the responses on here but was pleasantly surprised when they took care of them.

Overall, quite impressed because I was ready to take them to the body shop and have them painted.

My wife is the one who drives the Escalade but I noticed when accelerating like one of the motor mounts is broken.

I know there is a powertrain warranty for 5 years/100,000 are motor mounts covered as part of this.

I know I am over the five years but not the 100,000.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-16-11, 02:53 PM
Rich909,
Welcome to the forum! I am glad that you were impressed with the dealer! It is great when you find someone that you can trust. Motor mounts are covered under the power train warranty, under normal circumstances. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anymore information or have any other questions.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone
12-16-11, 03:08 PM
I'm the original owner of one of the first 2007 Cadillac Escalade produced that I originally purchased back in July 2006.

I had a couple of things that I needed to take the Escalade into the dealer for but have been dragging me feet due to being busy.

I finally found some time and have about 71,000 miles on it now.

I've had the same issues while it was still under warranty and should of taken care of this stuff then but I finally came around to dropping it off yesterday.

I needed to get the Heated Washer Fluid System removed, the interior door handles replaced due to the chrome peeling and the reveal moldings replaced due to peeling and and delaminating.

I was not expecting them to take care of the reveal moldings due to some of the responses on here but was pleasantly surprised when they took care of them.

Overall, quite impressed because I was ready to take them to the body shop and have them painted.

My wife is the one who drives the Escalade but I noticed when accelerating like one of the motor mounts is broken.

I know there is a powertrain warranty for 5 years/100,000 are motor mounts covered as part of this.

I know I am over the five years but not the 100,000.

As said the motor mounts are covered but the warranty is 5 years or 100k miles whichever come first, so you would be out by date of service which was July 2011, but again some dealerships work with you

ESCALADE132
12-16-11, 08:16 PM
What are reveal moldings?

murphy
12-16-11, 08:35 PM
What are reveal moldings?
I think the black/chrome strips along side windows

Rich909
12-16-11, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I will be contacting the dealer to replace the motor mount at their cost or mine.

I'm enclosing a picture of the reveal moldings they are 1 and 3 and are on both sides.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/rmarti17/Revealmoldings.jpg

hcvone
12-17-11, 07:14 AM
When you contact the dealership make sure to tell them that the motor mount issue has been like that for a long time. :)

Rich909
12-18-11, 12:27 AM
When you contact the dealership make sure to tell them that the motor mount issue has been like that for a long time. :)

Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

Macvicar24
12-18-11, 01:25 AM
My reveal moldings are like yours. I bought my Escalade June 2006. I priced them and they are like $1000.00 for all four doors. Anyhow mine has 130,000 miles and the front diff is going. Need to deal with that. But everything else has been good so far. Can't complain.