: LED fog light problems

muohio
12-15-11, 12:11 AM
I purchased a set of LED H11 bulbs to replace the fog lights. Took everything apart today and plugged the passenger side in to compare and it does not turn on. Tried the other bulb to see it was defective and it didn't light up either. Is there a trick to getting these to work or a certain type that is required to work with our electrical system? I may just go with a HID kit, but it's about twice as much :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GGI6MW/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

FLYING V
12-16-11, 03:52 PM
Is the key turned to the "on" position or car running when you're testing to see if they work? I know it may seem obvious, but I just thought I would ask. If yes, have you put a meter on the plug checking power? I assume if you put the stock bulbs back in everything works fine?

Rock1
12-16-11, 04:05 PM
I used the Sharp HID kit so I can't say why, but you do want to make sure that the bulb is seated proper I had the same issue on the same side you did with the sharp kit after really seating it in deep it worked fine.

muohio
12-16-11, 09:05 PM
The OEM bulb tested out when I swapped it back in. I decided to return them to Amazon and for a few more dollars I'm getting a 35w 5000k Sharp kit. I already did LEDs on the inside which made a huge difference.