: Why can't I steer my V with the throttle (nannies off)?

Rockey
12-14-11, 07:11 PM
I know the V isn't a quad on a dirt track but part of the fun of having a sporty car is being able to control it the way I want. I accidentally turned left in front of a car coming from the left. What normally would have been a quick stab of the throttle to swing the rear end out of the way instead ended with the engine cutting out and me left looking like the jerk I am. Why would it do this with the nannies off? Ive seen videos of V's doing doughnuts and I know there is no way my V is doing that. Is something wrong with my V or do I need something for the ECU?

RB190
12-14-11, 07:31 PM
Are you sure you had them all turned off, or did you have it in Competitive Mode?

RB

Rockey
12-14-11, 07:36 PM
I pushed the TC button twice, which is competitve mode right? I thought that was nannies off.

JOEYCTS-V
12-14-11, 08:29 PM
You have to hold the button down until it says stabilitrack off.

Houdini
12-14-11, 08:37 PM
^bingo!

Rockey
12-14-11, 08:40 PM
You have to hold the button down until it says stabilitrack off.

Thanks, my friend warned me not to buy a car that is smarter than me. :confused:

concorso
12-14-11, 09:35 PM
Cars have been smarter then people for years, look at KITT or Christine. Be careful tho...like Chuck Norris, theyre always watching.

e6t
12-14-11, 10:05 PM
yikes...

when you turn off the yaw control, tread lightly. i almost turned mine around on the highway at about 80 mph...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

keithsm2
12-15-11, 09:07 AM
Better know what youre doing and risking when taking the nannies off.....You have no idea how much they are saving your butt

M5eater
12-15-11, 09:17 AM
competitive mode lets you look like a hero, Stabilitrak off is only for the brave IMO.

JimmyH
12-15-11, 08:44 PM
^sage advice

With everything on, I still managed to spin my V1 twice.

smackdownCTSV
12-15-11, 08:55 PM
With just TC off, u-turns are easy.

e6t
12-15-11, 11:26 PM
With just TC off, u-turns are easy.

i never knew it was possible to see my rear license plate while facing forward from the drivers seat.

JetFuelOnly
12-18-11, 01:55 AM
I was wondering how loose it can get without yaw control. I don't own a V yet, but I did the V Performance Academy and I couldn't believe how well the car hung on to the curves. But by the time I got home I realized we had it in competitive mode and I wonder if I would have ate it in any of those corners. I guess when I get one I'll just take it out to an empty lot and figure it out!

frozenh2o
12-19-11, 09:53 AM
I spend a lot of time with the nannies off. It is a violent and humbling experience.

You will realize you are not half the driver you thought you were. You wil certainly question the merit of 556hp, rear drive and skinny tires. You WILL get over your head, and hopefully learn to save it.

Hot damn that's why I bought this thing.

cdog533
12-19-11, 06:33 PM
UPCOMING THREAD: "I wrecked my V!!!!"