: Is your "Service Rear Vision System" fixed?

KA41
12-14-11, 03:48 PM
I did a search for "service rear vision system" and some threads came up with people having this problem but I didn't see the outcome of the issue. The threads sort of died out. I'm looking at buying a high mileage 09 model with this issue, its out of state, and I was hoping to find a easy fix for this before I purchased it. I talked to several dealers and they all basically said the same thing "It could be the wiring harness, camera, sensor or the whole head unit". Basically said it could cost from $50 to $3500.
Anybody have theirs fixed and if so, how much did it cost if it was out of warranty?
Thanks

fivepix
12-14-11, 05:21 PM
I've gotten this twice on my 07. Both times it was a faulty camera and was covered by my warranty.

I was told the same, it could be wiring harness, camera, sensor or the Nav System.

Why don't you ask them to fix it before you buy it or at least have them find out what the issue really is, if it's the harness, camera or a sensor it won't be a big deal to get fixed.

Good luck!

lousy_investor
01-04-12, 12:36 AM
Sorry, no help from me here but I thought I would share my observation to the issue with mine. It only fails when it is cold. I thought it had something to do with snow or rain but it turned out to be freezing conditions. It first happened last winter after a snow storm, then resurrected itself in the spring time.. and lo and behold, failed today when the temperature dipped below -15 celcius here and I left it outside. Maybe water got in it and frozen up. Will take it in to get fixed and I will post afterwards what the issue is..

KA41
01-14-12, 11:15 PM
Just a follow up to my issue. Turns out is was a blown fuse.

luxurylife33
01-14-12, 11:47 PM
wow thats good news!

Alberta
02-19-12, 01:42 AM
But what's the cause of the blown fuse? I just got the same error message tonight.