: DVD picture to rear overhead screen?

Tranzor
12-14-11, 12:54 AM
Hi guys! just joined the forum. Did some research but didnt quite find my answer and thus im throwing my question here. Any help would be much appreciated. I bought a great 2007 Escalade Esv with 49k! It has the in-dash dvd and navigation. The delear I bought it from removed the rear headrest TV's (and later tried selling them to me for $1500 and I said no!) and now Im wanting to install an overhead screen for my kids. My question.... Is there a way I can use the dvd thats in the dash and somehow have a video output to the overhead screen? Thank you in advance

hcvone
12-14-11, 08:20 AM
With rear entertainment you get the rear overhead and the headrest monitors, but the headrest monitors are independent and only do not work with the front and overhead, if your truck does not have the overhead monitor then the headrest monitors were added after and not factory and maybe that is why the dealership removed them, you just need the wiring from the nav unit to the rooftop, and the wiring maybe there already

Tranzor
12-15-11, 06:20 AM
Thanks for your reply Hcvone. I took it to Best Buy and the tecnician said that I do not have audio or video outputs on the back of my factory navigation/dvd unit to feed to my rear overhead screen if I choose to install one. He said I must find some adapter that will put out the audio/video signal but he has never heard of one either. He said my option is to install a rear overhead screen with built in dvd-player and listen it to it with an Fm-modulator. Its a shame considering the nice Bose sound system already in the suv. Im stuck on what to do. I know there's a better way to listen to the rear-overhead tv than through an fm-modulator!

hcvone
12-15-11, 08:14 AM
First go to a real audio car shop and not best buys, not saying the guy didn't know what he was talking about, I just personally would use a place that does this kind of work all the time

Quikchevy
12-19-11, 08:00 PM
Its Very easy to do. You need a module, we sell and use PAC audio. It will have an external output for audio and video from the front screen DVD. You just run power and rca cable from module to overhead TV or you can do headrests, we also sell and us Visualogic units, very easy to install and can be used seperate or together if you have 2 kids!

LittleNo
12-21-11, 08:58 AM
this is what you need: http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=188&CategoryID=34

t (http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=188&CategoryID=34)he Adapter is for use when you replaced your radio, but since it is a T-Harness you can also use it for your case.

Tranzor
12-21-11, 11:19 AM
Thank you Little no, Quikchevy, and Hcvone for your help. I just ordered Little no's suggested adapter. It was exactly what I was looking for.