: Beware of OnStar discount

MrHolland
12-13-11, 06:43 PM
I received a $50 off OnStar subscription via email link due to my service expiring at the end of the month. I used the link to take full advantage of the discount, after all, I'm not allergic to money and like to keep as much of it as possible. A couple of weeks passed and I was looking through my financial transactions only to notice that I wasn't awarded the discount. I ABSOLUTELY HATE TO BE STOLEN FROM!!!! I'm away on business currently but do plan on requesting a refund upon my return. Just a quick note to say "buyer beware."

krieghoff
12-13-11, 07:57 PM
Why would anyone want to pay for OnStar. You can get more for other suppliers for a lot less money!

MrHolland
12-13-11, 08:10 PM
Such as??

krieghoff
12-13-11, 08:12 PM
Cell phone service and GPS!

hcvone
12-14-11, 08:27 AM
I keep my Onstar account, my truck has receive cell service when my phone on rare times does not (different providers)

SouthernCaddy
12-14-11, 10:12 AM
Yes I like my onstar service to, my wife has locked herself out of the truck more than once. And I like the directions I can get when I am lost. Just the pease of mind is worth it to me.

ESCALADE132
12-14-11, 10:18 AM
I have 2 vehicle's and have OnStar on both just because they cut the price in half so its $12 a month for each vehicle. Plus I like the fact that if some how I get in a accident and the air bags deploy they call for help or I go off the road they can find me. I have 2 kids that's why I keep it anyway to help keep them safer. Has anyone had a bad experience with OnStar personally with talking to them or the equipment?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

MrHolland
12-14-11, 12:54 PM
I too enjoy the benefits OnStar affords me, just wanted to post and remind everyone to check the charges incurred.

LisaJean
12-14-11, 06:11 PM
I received a $50 off OnStar subscription via email link due to my service expiring at the end of the month. I used the link to take full advantage of the discount, after all, I'm not allergic to money and like to keep as much of it as possible. A couple of weeks passed and I was looking through my financial transactions only to notice that I wasn't awarded the discount. I ABSOLUTELY HATE TO BE STOLEN FROM!!!! I'm away on business currently but do plan on requesting a refund upon my return. Just a quick note to say "buyer beware."

Hi mrholland - My name is Lisa and I am one of the moderators of OnStar's Facebook page and blog site, OnStarConnections. I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having. I wanted to see if I could help. If you could fill out our "Contact Us" form at this link http://bit.ly/saPpIb with a bit more information, I can put the correct team in touch with you to fix the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

- Lisa

Escapade
12-14-11, 07:12 PM
It's a bit too early to post that OP, you haven't contacted them yet in trying to resolve the issue. It could easily be a simple glitch, then your story would have been a positive one if the apply a credit with an apology. You're not wrong in being agitated when you found out the discount wasn't applied, but it's a bit too early to claim a bad experience has already occurred.

Good Luck!

MrHolland
12-14-11, 08:06 PM
Thank you LisaJean. The details have been forwarded!!

hcvone
12-14-11, 08:08 PM
It's a bit too early to post that OP, you haven't contacted them yet in trying to resolve the issue. It could easily be a simple glitch, then your story would have been a positive one if the apply a credit with an apology. You're not wrong in being agitated when you found out the discount wasn't applied, but it's a bit too early to claim a bad experience has already occurred.

Good Luck!

I would agree with your post in most cases, but it seems in this case the posting may have worked. ;)

MrHolland
12-14-11, 08:09 PM

Good Luck!
Just a misunderstanding Im sure. I haven't claimed a bad experience, just simply stated what has happened up to this point and encouraged others to check their bank statements.

Imagine my surprise to find that an OnStar rep was poking around in here!!!

Big Windy Ext
12-15-11, 09:06 AM
Maybe she can help get our "updated" bluetooth Onstar VCIMs to program so I can get an Onstar bill !

krieghoff
12-15-11, 09:34 AM
I changed the VCIM in my 2008 ESV and now the green OnStar light went from green to red.

I called OnStar and they said they couldn't do anything. She told me to take it to my dealer and if they couldn't fix it to have the dealer call OnStar!

MrHolland
01-02-12, 07:39 PM
Just a quick update. Its been 3 weeks since I filed a complaint with OnStar, and I have yet to hear anything from any of the reps.

dkozloski
01-02-12, 08:56 PM
OnStar has a very ponderous organizational structure that is difficult to penetrate and get attention applied to your problem.

greenapple
01-02-12, 09:47 PM
The same thing happened to me, I was also lucky enough to have my credit card double billed. :banghead:

MrHolland
01-02-12, 11:19 PM
The same thing happened to me, I was also lucky enough to have my credit card double billed. :banghead:
Was your issue resolved??

greenapple
01-03-12, 03:53 PM
Was your issue resolved??

Not yet, when I spoke with the OnStar rep she told me it would take 7-10 day to receive a credit.
Friday will be the 10th day fingers crossed.

MrHolland
01-22-12, 07:35 PM
Just a quick update. I have still received no response from onstar customer service. I have recently returned home from being away due to my job and can now call them to get this resolved. It's a shame that they waste no time in sending a bill but must be prodded to get any results from a mistake that they have made. I'll keep everyone updated!!

K9Caddy
01-23-12, 03:13 AM
Get on Facebook and complain on their page. I just did and got a response, immediately. My issue was resolved and I had a confirmation email on the resolution the next day. I guess you need to make your problem public, before they raise an eyebrow...

MrHolland
01-23-12, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately I have to get this resolved the old fashion way since I don't have Facebook. Just in case anyone is wondering, Facebook is the devil!!! LOL!!

Josuave
01-25-12, 09:56 PM
I called and said I wanted to cancel and they dropped my monthly price by like 30%. OnStar pretty much sucks though.