: 05 STS Hesitation driving uphill

Mike B66
12-13-11, 10:56 AM
My 05 Cadillac STS (6 cylinder - auto) has a pretty noticeable hesitation when driving up hills. If you give it some gas it comes out of it. Almost a feeling of the engine missing or the drive shaft having 'slop' in it. Only happens when driving up hills. I'm pretty sure the engine isn't missing though. Otherwise the car runs fine. Drove it 600 miles this past weekend. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

dkozloski
12-13-11, 12:20 PM
It sounds like the old transmission can't decide which gear to be in, problem. There is a software fix for this. See your dealer.

chazglenn3
12-14-11, 12:48 AM
Do you know what the TSB is that has this software update info in it? My car hunts between 5th and 4th a bit too much methinks...I might need the newer software.

Mike B66
12-14-11, 10:27 AM
Contacted the local Cadillac dealer in town. After running the VIN they said there is an update for this software and that may in fact be the issue. However, they want $95 from me to fix a glitch in Cadillac's system. Doesn't sound right to me. Should be done for free I think. Thanks for the info though. At least I know which direction to go with it.

dkozloski
12-14-11, 11:12 AM
Contacted the local Cadillac dealer in town. After running the VIN they said there is an update for this software and that may in fact be the issue. However, they want $95 from me to fix a glitch in Cadillac's system. Doesn't sound right to me. Should be done for free I think. Thanks for the info though. At least I know which direction to go with it.
You're car is long out of warranty. Pony-up the "Cadillac tax" and have the dealer fix it.