: Problem with mirror staying in place

07BlkOnBlkEXT
12-12-11, 05:17 PM
Hey, I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar issue and knew of the fix. My issue is that my driver's side mirror will randomly not stay where it should, I notice it will move away from the vehicle and point downwards. I will have to adjust it back with the controls. I don't believe this is related to putting the car in reverse (they come back up each time). I told Cadillac and the service rep said it might be "losing it's programming" and then I was told it would be about $115 to diagnose and try and fix the problem. Any advice out there? Can I reset it somehow manually and save the money?

hcvone
12-12-11, 07:30 PM
I would do this if it was my truck, I would first disable the mirror tilt on the DIC, then take each mirror and go in each direction until it stops, reset the mirrors and lock in the memory. See what happens

MATCHN_TOYZ
12-13-11, 09:33 AM
This is funny(not really but it is)... mine does it too and its really annoying. Except mine goes up and have to move it down. Took it to the dealer they tried a few things and it still does it. I have the mirrors tilt down so I dont mess up my rims when I park. It doesnt do it every time when it goes back and it only moves a lil bit at a time. So after a few times of going in reverse it will end up aiming back at the top of my rear passanger window... but whateva

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-13-11, 10:50 AM
MATCHN_TOYZ,
I apologize for this. How many times have you visited the dealer about this issue? What did they have you try?
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

StevieT
12-13-11, 04:04 PM
Mine is in right now and this is one of the things they are looking at. Extended warranty would not cover it. They tightened up the clips and we'll see if that helps.

It will slip down in position in 1-2 days, I constantly have to hit the memory button to bring it back. It also vibrates on the highway while the passenger side mirror holds firm.

StevieT
12-13-11, 06:36 PM
I was told there is a service bulletin out about this

Correction done today: "relearn power mirror settings - Tighten glass retainers"

hannity
12-13-11, 10:27 PM
Wow, thought I was the only one.

hcvone
12-14-11, 08:23 AM
My Jag had a mirror issue, they told me that they could fix it for $748.00, purchased the part on e-bay and fixed it for $29.00 which included shipping :(

StevieT
12-19-11, 12:52 AM
No improvement noticed after their "fix"