: 2003 STS Lock/Sunroof/Elec Issues

Death-Speak
12-09-11, 06:39 PM
Leaving the office today the SES light on my car came on. Was not on when I parked this morning. My sunroof and door locks do not work now. The actual button or the fob neither work. Its dark and cold so I'm not going to work on it tonight. Besides checking the fuses where should I start?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Death-Speak
12-09-11, 06:40 PM
Leaving the office today the SES light on my car came on. Was not on when I parked this morning. My sunroof and door locks do not work now. The actual button or the fob neither work. Its dark and cold so I'm not going to work on it tonight. Besides checking the fuses where should I start?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Submariner409
12-09-11, 06:45 PM
Is the Valet Switch in the glove box on or off ?

Your car has a built-in trouble code reader/scanner.............

STUDY the sticky post ^^^ "How to pull codes" just above this thread on the main Seville page. Practice but do not "clear codes". Write them all down, whether each is Current or History, and return to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the address - that will take you to a Master Index of all trouble codes - write down all definitions of codes found and post it all here.

EDIT: I just found your identical post down in Electrical - another Moderator will merge these in order to keep everything in one place...........

Submariner409
12-09-11, 06:58 PM
This is answered in your identical post up in Seville. Please don't double post - answers begin coming in and it's difficult to keep abreast of two threads, much less one. I'll have the Forum Moderator merge this with the one in Seville.

basscatt
12-09-11, 07:58 PM
Is the Valet Switch in the glove box on or off ?

Your car has a built-in trouble code reader/scanner.............

STUDY the sticky post ^^^ "How to pull codes" just above this thread on the main Seville page. Practice but do not "clear codes". Write them all down, whether each is Current or History, and return to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the address - that will take you to a Master Index of all trouble codes - write down all definitions of codes found and post it all here.

EDIT: I just found your identical post down in Electrical - another Moderator will merge these in order to keep everything in one place...........
------------

:yeah: and :welcome:

Death-Speak
12-09-11, 09:02 PM
Sorry I missed the sticky. It's been a long time since I've been here. The forum has changed a bit.

I did verify that the valet switch is in the off position.

Other things: The gas tank and the trunk won't open either. Gas lid not popping is a problem lol.

I'll peruse through the sticky and find out what I can about the codes.

Thanks
DS

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Here are the codes it displays:
abs c1221 history - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal is 0
abs c1225 history - Left Front Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
abs c1228 history - Right Rear Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
abs c1232 current - Left Front Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted
abs c1286 history - Steering Sensor Bias Malfunction
abs c1287 history - Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction
abs c1288 history - Steering Sensor Circuit Malfunction
abs u1056 history - Loss of Communications with RSS
abs u1016 history - Loss of Communications with PCM
abs u1000 history - Class 2 Communication Malfunction
amp u1300 current - Class 2 Short to Ground
ddm b1621 history - *not on list*
ddm u1713 history - Loss of Front Door Module to Window Motor High Speed Comm.
ddm u1255 current - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)
dim u1255 current - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)
ipc u1000 current - Class 2 Communication Malfunction
ipm u1255 current - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)
msm u1000 history - Class 2 Communication Malfunction
pcm p0101 current - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance

Death-Speak
12-10-11, 09:14 AM
So I'm assuming the short to ground or the communications malfunction are causing the issue. I googled these and didn't really come up with anything.

Thanks
DS

Death-Speak
12-13-11, 10:39 AM
Verified that its not a fuse. I read on similar models that there are control modules for each area in the car that possibly connect back to a primary module via wiring harness. These are maybe routed around the floor and seats? I'm in foreign territory so any guidance is appreaciated. Thanks

Death-Speak
12-15-11, 09:59 AM
Turned out the battery had a bad cell and didn't have enough juice to run all of the accessories in the car. It took a trip to the local GM dealer to figure that out. Replaced battery and everything works again.

Thanks for all of your help.