: New STS 4 V8 owner with some questions about lowering and wheels

nugnt1
12-08-11, 05:40 PM
I have recently aquired a diamond white 2005 STS 4 V8 1SG loaded with all Cadillac options. Since joining this forum I have seen some really nice examples of modified STS'. I havn't really seen anyone that has lowered an AWD V8. I'm wondering if the standard RWD V8 D3 springs can be used on the AWD cars? Also what wheel/tire combos can be used on a lowered AWD? I really like the Vogue CV-7 in 20" chrome, but I hear they are hard to come by. I would also consider a 20" or even 22" staggered set-up with 10.5" wide wheel in the rear if possible, but I'm unsure if the slight difference in outside diameter with staggered tire sizes will cause any issues with the AWD system? If there is anyone that can shed some ilight on this topic, I would greatly appreciate your input. Better yet, does anyone have pictures of their lowered AWD? Thanks in advance:)

EChas3
12-08-11, 09:35 PM
If your car has MRC, it uses a different system to measure leveling tolerences. Make sure to give D3 your VIN and they should provide the right parts & pieces.

Be aware that installing such systems will likely prevent proper wheel allignments and adversely affect both ride & handling. IMHO, that's a heavy price.

But it is your car... Enjoy it!

nugnt1
12-10-11, 06:11 AM
Thank you : )

550HP STSV
12-10-11, 09:04 PM
Lol you want 22s 10.5" wide on your V8 AWD STS huh? :crying:

nugnt1
12-11-11, 10:50 AM
Lol you want 22s 10.5" wide on your V8 AWD STS huh? :crying:

Maybe you could tell me what set-up I can or should run????

Do you really have anything constructive to add to MY thread, or just your typical finger waving from behind your monitor?