: What fuse for Universal home Remote ?

Smiling Jack
12-07-11, 10:35 PM
My 06 STS V6 Universal Home Remote is not responding (no light).

I want to check for a blown fuse, but Ican not find one listed in my owner's manual.

Does anyone know what fuse is involved?

ddalder
12-08-11, 12:01 AM
It is the "TRUNK DR VALET" fuse (7.5A) located in the left rear fuse block. If your trunk release works, the fuse isn't your problem.

Smiling Jack
12-08-11, 01:30 AM
It is the "TRUNK DR VALET" fuse (7.5A) located in the left rear fuse block. If your trunk release works, the fuse isn't your problem.

Thanks, but how did you determine that ?

My valet switch function is working properly, but the UHR system will mot accept the instructions to clear codes or accept new ones. Its light does not light when buttons are held for the required time to clear the codes.

Do you suppose that the UHR unit could have been fused differently if it was a dealer installation?

ddalder
12-08-11, 01:46 AM
The door opener is not, and never has been a dealer installed option. When did you notice it quit working? It might be possible that a previous owner was messing around trying to connect a radar detector.

I determined the correct fuse from the door opener schematic in GM's factory service manual. The valet switch, trunk release components and door opener are the only items on that circuit.

Smiling Jack
12-08-11, 02:07 AM
The door opener is not, and never has been a dealer installed option. When did you notice it quit working? It might be possible that a previous owner was messing around trying to connect a radar detector.

I determined the correct fuse from the door opener schematic in GM's factory service manual. The valet switch, trunk release components and door opener are the only items on that circuit.

Thanks for that info.

The car is new to me .

I did not get a response from the unit when I attempted to clear the codes so that I could then get it to sync with my garage door openers.

The equipment appears to be on the car, but it is not on the original service equipment list. I presumed that this meant that it was a dealer installation.

Do you think that the overhead buttons could be present on a car without the UHR equipment ?

ddalder
12-08-11, 02:11 AM
No, the buttons would not be there. The RPO is UG1. You're saying this isn't on your SPO label? Unless someone changed the roof console with one from another car but never wired up the option. Sometimes people do things like this with the intent of wiring it in but never get around to it.

Smiling Jack
12-08-11, 02:38 AM
No, the buttons would not be there. The RPO is UG1. You're saying this isn't on your SPO label? Unless someone changed the roof console with one from another car but never wired up the option. Sometimes people do things like this with the intent of wiring it in but never get around to it.

dd,

Thanks for engaging me on this and on the RWD/AWD thread. Maybe the two issues are related in my case. I'll PM you with some more complete info. tomorrow.

Jack