: Pronlem with 02 escalade

capjand1
11-05-04, 05:06 PM
I was driving, and my service engine soon light came on. Its Orange not Red.
OnStar told me that my powertrain control is the problem.
I will bring my truck in on monday.
Does anyone have this happen before?
Thanks

02escalade
01-01-05, 07:29 PM
I was driving, and my service engine soon light came on. Its Orange not Red.
OnStar told me that my powertrain control is the problem.
I will bring my truck in on monday.
Does anyone have this happen before?
Thanks
no...but let me tell you now...if you are pushing your factory warranty like i am...call cadillac customer service and let them know that you are having this problem. if the dealer says they can not find anything wrong and it is not documented at cadillac...you will be screwed if you have a major drive train problem after that warranty expires. at least with cadillac having knowledge of it prior to factory warranty expiring...you have a let to stand on calling it a pre-existing problem.......good luck.....

slk230mb
01-01-05, 11:34 PM
If Onstar said it's the powertrain control that could be a bad PCM or a bad connection somewhere along the path. How does the engine run and how does the transmission shift? Did they recommend a tow to the dealership? When my MAF sensor died, and the check engine light came on, Onstar said I would have no problem driving to the dealership on the highway, just most likely continued stalling on the side streets. They even called my dealership with the diagnostic code and told them to be expecting my arrival.