: 2008 EXT wierd noise when it rains

PeteKT
12-06-11, 12:15 PM
When its raining and i have the sunroof back open (im a cigar smoker) it sounds like there is water dripping, ive looked everywhere and there is no water dripping into the car from the sun roof vent being open but the sound is there, even my girlfriend noticed it the other day and asked what it was, at first i thought it was the lugage racks lose so i tighened them but the noise is still there.

StevieT
12-06-11, 01:08 PM
Moon roof drain?
Water is leaking into that area and the drain(s) built in will allow the water to exit as designed. I know when my truck is sitting in rain and I go to move it I can hear the water rushing through the drains. I am sure it is louder if you have it cracked open.

hcvone
12-06-11, 01:10 PM
You are probably hearing the drains on the sunroof surround working, they can make some noise while draining

PeteKT
12-06-11, 01:12 PM
Ok that makes a lot more sense now, didnt know the moon roof had rails for draining :) i was worried water was getting somewhere it wasnt supposed to.

Tec80
12-06-11, 01:13 PM
Is it similar to a glug-glug-glug noise? If so, x2 on the moonroof drains. Spiders like to make nests in them. I clean mine out by inserting the rubber tip of a blowgun in the hose and carefully (not too much pressure) flowing enough air to flush out the offending bugger and his/her web.

PeteKT
12-06-11, 01:20 PM
thanks Tec i will rememver that, yup its a glug glug glug sound that describes it perfectly