: Is my STS Possessed?

erichthecatt
12-05-11, 03:15 PM
My 2010 STS, sitting in the driveway saturday, doors locked. The horn starts honking and lights flashing at a slow pace. So i get the remote and unlock the car to stop the noise. When I go to leave, i noticed that the a/c temperature was 63, and had been at 73. There were no other symbols in the digital area. just a blank screen except for the a/c temp. Restarted, and all was normal, except for the dim lit navigation. Had to go into the nav menu and brighten it up (about 3/4 of the way on the graph) Any ideas on what set this off?

nathanjax
12-05-11, 03:44 PM
sounds like someone was playing with remote 2

KRSTS
12-05-11, 04:18 PM
sounds like someone is messing with you

erichthecatt
12-05-11, 06:01 PM
No, remote two is locked in the safe, and I live alone. But if it was a random frequency that set it off, it wouldnt explain the digital readout below the radio being blank

chazglenn3
12-06-11, 11:41 AM
Have the battery tested. Low voltage wreaks havoc with these cars.

dkozloski
12-06-11, 12:20 PM
Yes, your car is possessed. Put an empty oil bottle with the cap off on the ground in front of it overnight. Early in the morning screw the cap back on the bottle and you'll have the demon inside(They like to hide in dark quiet places). Take the bottle over in front of your neighbor's car and remove the cap. Now he'll have to deal with it.

CTBB
12-06-11, 04:10 PM
Have the battery tested. Low voltage wreaks havoc with these cars.

I'm with Chaz on this one, although Koz's suggestion couldn't hurt.

Glenn

MacMuse
12-06-11, 07:26 PM
Koz's suggestion works every time for me.

Except I always forget to put the bottle in front of someone else's car and the problem jumps back into mine.