: 2008 CTS - Compatible with iPhone 4?!?!

cczupta
12-05-11, 11:32 AM
I recently purchased a 2008 CTS. When I plug my iPhone 4 into the USB port (using my iPhone cable) I am told my iPhone is not compatible. Is this true for the 2008 CTS or do I need to do something prior to using it for the first time. I was really hoping I could control my iPhone, and its music, through my radio and steering wheel controls. Thanks!! :cool2:

jagi0966
12-30-11, 07:31 AM
I recently purchased a 2008 CTS. When I plug my iPhone 4 into the USB port (using my iPhone cable) I am told my iPhone is not compatible. Is this true for the 2008 CTS or do I need to do something prior to using it for the first time. I was really hoping I could control my iPhone, and its music, through my radio and steering wheel controls. Thanks!! :cool2:

Have you gotten any info on this? I have the same car and the same phone and the same issue.

Caddy Cope
03-27-12, 05:35 PM
I'm assuming you probably know by now, but you have to order a $25 cable from GM parts direct for the full iPod integration to work. But it does in fact work. It is part #25908035.

medicCTS
04-20-12, 01:42 AM
Have you gotten any info on this? I have the same car and the same phone and the same issue.

Same issue with my 2011 CTS coupe. Ordered the GM USB iPod cable, cost me $80!! And then after paying and ordering told me he's not sure it will even work... What's up with that? Here in Alberta it's illegal ( distracted driving) to use an iPhone or iPod while driving so I really need this cable to work.

ESCALADE200224
04-21-12, 07:07 PM
It might depend on what iOS your using. Also there is a difference between not working or not charging. If your iPhone is playing but doesn't charge you need to get this adapter:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16295_Scosche-IFWA.html