: Just bought an 07 ESV - Wow

aquariumguy33
12-05-11, 03:50 AM
Just picked up an 07 ESV - got a great deal on it so decided to buy it and see how I like it before committing to buying a newer one. My first impressions of the truck were that it looks great from the outside and even the inside - however since driving it for a week and researching the issues with the truck I am baffled that GM let these trucks roll off the line like this first of all and secondly I can't believe that all of these issues were not handled 110%. And by 110% I do not mean the well screw it just delete the heated washer fluid.

So far these are the issues and what I am assuming is wrong since so many people have had these issues and shared them here on the forum.

1) When I hit some rough road you almost loose control of the truck because it shakes so violently... sounds like it needs new front shocks at the very least

2) Service suspension is on as is check engine? Sounds like this could be a need for a new battery although I am not sure that it could be low voltage since it already has a second battery installed in it. It does have an aftermarket air intake as well as a dual corsa exhaust and have not pulled the codes yet so I am assuming that it could also be an emissions sensor.

3) Heated seats dont work properly - apparently this is because the connector got hot and the connections are loose.

4) Parking assist - broken and dont care just wish the stupid warning would go away.

5) Transmission lag - Slow down go around a corner and accelerate again and the tranny bangs into gear almost.

6) Heated washer fluid - Sweet option....oh wait no we can't figure out how to get that to work so we will just delete it.

7) Flaking chrome on the door handle?

I mean not to be a debbie downer but serisouly GM wtf? Flaking chrome on a 70k vehicle? Delete the washer fluid heater? If I would have bought this truck new I would have been madder then heck about these things. Lucky for me I didnt so I will just fix them but I can't say it has inspired me to go and lease a new one next year at all - the problems I feel are rediculous for a vehicle in this price range to have. If a customer is spending 50-70k on a new truck whats 5 more to make it so that its perfect?

I think the other thing that baffles me is that my cargo vans have less issues! My 6.0 shifts smoother then the escalade - might not have rain sensing wipers but at least the tranny shifts smoothly. Might not have heated or cooled seats... but then again neither does my escalade because the plastic connector that just sits there is likely melted.

The "it looks good....from my house" mentality that GM seems to keep putting into its products is less than inspiring. I bought this one used so I could see if I really wanted to commit to buying a new one but so far I cant say I would.

I have to imagine that some others here are baffled by these issues as well.

hannity
12-05-11, 05:00 AM
I understand where you are coming from, howbeit I bought mine brand new and have issues that I should not have. However, yours may have not been taken care of by the previous owner. Based on what you are saying. I will say though that even brand new these trucks are of sub par quality. We can only hope and pray that gm will somehow improve quality standards to keep pace with the rest of the world.

BI2011ESV
12-05-11, 07:38 AM
I've had a 2008 Escalade and I just traded it in on a 2011 ESV. I can say I've been well pleased with both of mine.

Big Windy Ext
12-05-11, 08:16 AM
Sounds like you bought a five year old,out of warranty,beat, high miler that wasn't well maintained,you got what you paid for .Plenty of info here on fixes for options most vehicles don't have.The trans is an inexpensive fix that should have been taken care of while it was still under warranty or fixed by the original owner under goodwill if out of warranty. If you are planning to lease I don't see what your worried about.The heated washer thing ,GM gave me a check for $100.00,bought an Alpha Therm for $60.00,installed it in 15 minutes .I'm not happy about de-contenting either,Rain-Sense was one of my favorites. Hannity bought the wrong truck and won't take his high resale and move into something else more car like/foreign.I think GM can build better vehicles.Have I had more repairs than previous vehicles,YES,but GM/Cadillac and a good dealer have stood behind it, made it convenient,repaired it.I hope you get yours fixed and enjoy it as much as I do and many others on this forum .

hcvone
12-05-11, 08:40 AM
I just picked up a used 07' (really didn't need another Escalade, but could not turn cown the 17k price) after sway bars, exhaust, intake, computer tuning, new wheels and tires, I find I really mis the magnetic shocks, but not enough to put them on. The heated washer devise caused fires so that is why it's gone, as said several of us have added it aftermarket, on one on my 07' I would not let them disconnect it, and used it until I sold the truck. Your transmission issues maybe just a program update, this was an issue with many 07's and was fixed thru a program update. Did you drive this truck before buying it? Did you do any research before buying it? Were the warning lights on before you purchased it? I have had many new Escalade's and other than one in 2007 exploding in my garage, which GM replaced and then some, my Escalade's have been far less trouble than any other brand I own which includes Range Rover, BMW, Jag, Benz and Porsche.

krieghoff
12-05-11, 08:54 AM
OK let me see if I got this right. You bought a vehicle that was not taken care of and needed lots of work done on it.

Then for your first post you come on here and tell everyone how bad GM is becuse you bought a piece of crap.

Really???? Please tell me you are kidding!

Rolex
12-05-11, 09:11 AM
Sounds like you bought a five year old,out of warranty,beat, high miler that wasn't well maintained,you got what you paid for .Plenty of info here on fixes for options most vehicles don't have.The trans is an inexpensive fix that should have been taken care of while it was still under warranty or fixed by the original owner under goodwill if out of warranty. If you are planning to lease I don't see what your worried about.The heated washer thing ,GM gave me a check for $100.00,bought an Alpha Therm for $60.00,installed it in 15 minutes .I'm not happy about de-contenting either,Rain-Sense was one of my favorites. Hannity bought the wrong truck and won't take his high resale and move into something else more car like/foreign.I think GM can build better vehicles.Have I had more repairs than previous vehicles,YES,but GM/Cadillac and a good dealer have stood behind it, made it convenient,repaired it.I hope you get yours fixed and enjoy it as much as I do and many others on this forum .

I just picked up a used 07' (really didn't need another Escalade, but could not turn cown the 17k price) after sway bars, exhaust, intake, computer tuning, new wheels and tires, I find I really mis the magnetic shocks, but not enough to put them on. The heated washer devise caused fires so that is why it's gone, as said several of us have added it aftermarket, on one on my 07' I would not let them disconnect it, and used it until I sold the truck. Your transmission issues maybe just a program update, this was an issue with many 07's and was fixed thru a program update. Did you drive this truck before buying it? Did you do any research before buying it? Were the warning lights on before you purchased it? I have had many new Escalade's and other than one in 2007 exploding in my garage, which GM replaced and then some, my Escalade's have been far less trouble than any other brand I own which includes Range Rover, BMW, Jag, Benz and Porsche.

OK let me see if I got this right. You bought a vehicle that was not taken care of and needed lots of work done on it.

Then for your first post you come on here and tell everyone how bad GM is becuse you bought a piece of crap.

What they said + you shouldn't be concerned about a trivial issue like heated washer fluid. Your Escalade has more important problems to worry about. Next time don't test drive a used vehicle with a blindfold on. :pwn: The first thing I would have looked for on that test drive was the eject lever. Good luck getting all your problems worked out.

aquariumguy33
12-05-11, 09:49 AM
Sorry - might have came across that I was real upset about the problems currently with the truck, I'm not like I said I bought an extended warranty so it will all be fixed for $100 bucks. The point I was really making is that I can't believe the number of trivial problems that I feel should have really been corrected IMHO on this expensive of a vehicle.... I mean really I have owned many other GM vehicles and I have never seen this many little issues.

I did drive it - truck drove and does drive great over most normal condition road, the problem with the front end happens when you run over a big enough bump at 40-60mph. The service suspension was on but I assumed it was just the battery issues many have experienced.

The previous owner was a older guy with tons of cash and just never really cared about taking it in because he made tons of cash and it was just one of many vehicles he owned. The rest of the vehicle is mint - the interior looks brand new since no one ever road in it besides him and the exterior is perfect albeit one ding on the front drivers quarter panel.

I love the size of the truck and the attention that it commands - its just like I said I can't believe that this expensive of a truck has as many silly extremely common problems as I see on here on all of the posts. ;-) but then again I guess I have owned luxury cars but this is the first luxury suv so maybe other manufacturers are prone to have these problems as well.

Soo... anyone got suggestions on how to disable the damn parking assist warning light? Drives me mental and I dont and wont ever use it so it would be nice to not have to listen to it when I get it back from the dealer ;)

luxurylife33
12-05-11, 09:57 AM
GM will replace (at no charge) your interior chrome door handles if the truck has less than 100,000 miles whether or not its in/out of warranty. Just reference TSB #09239A at any Cadillac dealership.

#09239A: Special Coverage Adjustment - Front and Rear Chrome Interior Door Handle Lever - (Aug 25, 2010)

Subject: 09239A - Special Coverage Adjustment - Front and Rear Chrome Interior Door Handle Lever

Models: 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2007 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

Equipped with Chrome Interior Door Handles

Condition
Some customers of 2007 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe; GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles may comment about peeling on the top surface of the front or rear chrome interior door handle(s). A chrome plating irregularity combined with direct sunlight exposure may cause the plating to separate from the top surface of the handle on certain vehicles.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership or mileage.

Dealers are to replace the front and/or rear chrome interior door handle levers if signs of peeling are present. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after July 16, 2010, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to July 16, 2010, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved
Involved are certain 2007 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe; GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles built within the following VIN breakpoints:

hcvone
12-05-11, 10:47 AM
Sorry - might have came across that I was real upset about the problems currently with the truck, I'm not like I said I bought an extended warranty so it will all be fixed for $100 bucks. The point I was really making is that I can't believe the number of trivial problems that I feel should have really been corrected IMHO on this expensive of a vehicle.... I mean really I have owned many other GM vehicles and I have never seen this many little issues.

I did drive it - truck drove and does drive great over most normal condition road, the problem with the front end happens when you run over a big enough bump at 40-60mph. The service suspension was on but I assumed it was just the battery issues many have experienced.

The previous owner was a older guy with tons of cash and just never really cared about taking it in because he made tons of cash and it was just one of many vehicles he owned. The rest of the vehicle is mint - the interior looks brand new since no one ever road in it besides him and the exterior is perfect albeit one ding on the front drivers quarter panel.

I love the size of the truck and the attention that it commands - its just like I said I can't believe that this expensive of a truck has as many silly extremely common problems as I see on here on all of the posts. ;-) but then again I guess I have owned luxury cars but this is the first luxury suv so maybe other manufacturers are prone to have these problems as well.

Soo... anyone got suggestions on how to disable the damn parking assist warning light? Drives me mental and I dont and wont ever use it so it would be nice to not have to listen to it when I get it back from the dealer ;)

Since you got the extended warranty use it, it maybe something as simple as a battery problem or a ground problem, also get the front end aligned and looked at, depending on if the first owner ran larger wheels you may need some front end parts, they will be able to tell you this when you get it aligned, if the dealership does not do a lot of alignments then find a good shop, some dealerships just do not do enough of them to be good at doing it. Believe it or not the parking assist is a good option if you have to park around others. The more options and gingerbread on a car/truck the larger the change for little pain in the ass problems, I know I own BMW's. ;)

aquariumguy33
12-05-11, 11:12 AM
Since you got the extended warranty use it, it maybe something as simple as a battery problem or a ground problem, also get the front end aligned and looked at, depending on if the first owner ran larger wheels you may need some front end parts, they will be able to tell you this when you get it aligned, if the dealership does not do a lot of alignments then find a good shop, some dealerships just do not do enough of them to be good at doing it. Believe it or not the parking assist is a good option if you have to park around others. The more options and gingerbread on a car/truck the larger the change for little pain in the ass problems, I know I own BMW's. ;)

Running bigger wheels can wear out the front end faster huh? Good to know since I was looking at putting some 24's on it in the spring. Since its cold as hell out here in MN - ok by mn standards its not but im being a puss getting too old for this stuff :D - I haven't honestly even checked to see if there is a leak in the front struts or not but when I hit rough road the car cant/wont track straight so in my short knowledge I would say its safe to believe that it's the front struts.

The shitty thing is that the warranty has a 90 day wait period and I am just not that patient and from what I am reading there doesn't seem to be any real major issues with the truck i.e. engines or trannies going so I must just cancel it and take my $1700 bucks back.

And thanks for the heads up on the door handle be nice to not have every passenger ask "whats up with that?" :banghead:

Yea dont miss the BMW at all lol I guess the Acura has me spoiled ;-)

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-05-11, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the forum! I apologize for your frustrations. Some of these issues have already been addressed by GM and Cadillac, and they will be happy to fix them for you. Have you made an appointment at the dealer yet to get these repairs done? If you would like to send me your VIN number I can check into some of these issues for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

aquariumguy33
12-05-11, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the forum! I apologize for your frustrations. Some of these issues have already been addressed by GM and Cadillac, and they will be happy to fix them for you. Have you made an appointment at the dealer yet to get these repairs done? If you would like to send me your VIN number I can check into some of these issues for you.
Breanne

Just was on the phone and went to get actual mileage and realized that after my adventure up north this weekend with the family for some christmas fun I managed to roll just over 100k. Dealer said the tranny reflash would be 100 bucks since Im now technically outside of warranty - not impressed going to call another one and see what they say. I am going to have the front struts replaced and possibly have them flush the fluids and do the plugs - just seems to me that if the dealership wants to earn my trust they could/would just fix known issues for for no charge.

Doesn't sound like the front seat heat/cool is a covered issue from what I have read, I want to put the aftermarket fluid heater in so I will have to make sure they dont do anything besides pull the fuse and the OEM one, sounds like the door handle is a non issue, and all I want for christmas is that damn PA warning to go away lol sounds like Im going to have to shell out the 100 bones for that part.

All in all I suppose the trucks overall issues are fairly small but the 4 hour car ride with the constant dings and reminders pushed me over the edge yesterday :cookoo:

luxurylife33
12-05-11, 01:09 PM
Breanne

Can you please answer my PM?

48Dodge
12-05-11, 01:54 PM
I have quite a laundry list of things that I've fixed on my ESV. I expected going in that things would need to be replaced soon because mine was rode hard and put away wet, too. But I got mine for quite a bit cheaper than others available in the area so I'm still way ahead. A lot of the issues did start popping up after I got it home. Things like the shocks, not unexpected at around 100k. Gas mileage I've been able to bump up a decent level with routine maintenance. Still trying to get the transmission in good shifting order. Of course I couldn't duplicate the issues when the mechanic was in the car. Hopefully you got a good deal on the car to help even out the price of repairs.

Ghost Deany
12-05-11, 05:09 PM
I bought an 07 in July with 76k on it one owner. Only issues i had were

2-3 hard shift fixed under powertrain
leaking oil pan gasket fixed under powertrain
the red in my cadillac shields was faded, bought a new front 1 and going to replace the rear.

other then that, great truck

MrHolland
12-05-11, 07:05 PM
Congrats on your purchase!!!

bstiffmanofsteel
12-05-11, 07:41 PM
Running bigger wheels can wear out the front end faster huh? Good to know since I was looking at putting some 24's on it in the spring. Since its cold as hell out here in MN - ok by mn standards its not but im being a puss getting too old for this stuff :D - I haven't honestly even checked to see if there is a leak in the front struts or not but when I hit rough road the car cant/wont track straight so in my short knowledge I would say its safe to believe that it's the front struts.

The shitty thing is that the warranty has a 90 day wait period and I am just not that patient and from what I am reading there doesn't seem to be any real major issues with the truck i.e. engines or trannies going so I must just cancel it and take my $1700 bucks back.

And thanks for the heads up on the door handle be nice to not have every passenger ask "whats up with that?" :banghead:

Yea dont miss the BMW at all lol I guess the Acura has me spoiled ;-)
Most warranties don't cover a ton of suspension components anyway. Check into it...

aquariumguy33
12-06-11, 12:16 AM
Good news - the ants in my pants got me to just take it over to my buddies shop who happened to be slow today. Pulled the codes and found out the relief valve on the compressor had an issue. Replaced the compressor with one from Orielly's for $220 service suspension is gone and the truck rides waaay better. I am assuming that perhaps if the computer thinks the compressor is having issues maybe it just pressurizes the suspension and just keeps it that way until the problem is fixed.

The other code for the check engine has something to do with the emissions sensor with low voltage or something like that. Will let you guys know whats up with that.

So far still got a great deal on the truck :) Glad I test drove it "blind" and took the risk saving 10k - 13k still pretty far ahead on the deal I would say.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Hey thanks for the kind words.

The point I was making seemed simple - the problems this truck has is an issue on a large number of these vehicles not just mine.

The same issues are posted all over the internet and has nothing to do with the vehicle being abused, unless perhaps you are saying that all of the people that experienced the same problem dont take care of their vehicle.

The fact is this - is if GM spent more then three seconds designing their equipment properly these things would be non issues. If for example you expect me to believe that putting the compressor DIRECTLY behind the rear wheel and then simply attempting to shield it with a piece of rubber as brilliant design then perhaps we will never agree on anything. The fact is that there is more then enough room under the hood for that compressor to have been mounted there - or anywhere else where it would get hit with less salt and road grime and even if there wasnt how hard would it be to make an actual molded shield that did a better job of protecting it from crap getting on it.

I will make sure to just worship poor design / material choices by GM from now on my bad.

quattrotman
12-06-11, 03:06 AM
I agree with the OP 100%. I have an 07 EXT which I bought used. I am totally happy with it for what it is and I need it for but I cannot imagine ever, ever paying full price for one of these when I see (and own) what else is on the market. Old technology, cheap materials and just plain ridiculous, unjustified markup really leaves me wondering where Cadillac gets off selling these for so much. The profit must be huge when you look at what GM actually puts into them. Sorry to sound like I'm bashing but I call it like I see it. Mine is in great shape adn I haven't had comlaints. It is a good truck but it is nowhere in the same league as some equally priced products from MB, Audi, Lexus etc. It should sell for $10-15k less in my opinion and even that is kinda high. I'm in canada and we would pay upwards of $90k for a new EXT. REALLY? That is insane when I look at what I can get for that at a MB dealer. You might get a few more issues or not with other high end cars but every car has issues. I've been fortunate to never have major issues with any of my cars. When I read about piston slap and am experiencing it with my own truck, all I can say is unacceptable (GM cust srvc...still waiting for you to acknowledge it). I paid less than half for mine used and I think that is about right. Good truck, quality luxury vehicle...not so much. On par with the imports...not a chance.

Mike06train
12-06-11, 02:22 PM
The only sub-par issue I have with the Escalade ( and it's not really an issue to me cause it dosen't bother me) is the use of plastic for the door panels. etc. I've had BMW's and other high end cars & trucks. They ALL have issues. Lexus has trannie issues, BMW eats front end parts & bushings, Land Rover...just read consumer reports. I love these trucks. I've had a Tahoe, Yukon, and now a Escalade since 1993 when it was called a K1500 Blazer.

gpiquer
12-07-11, 12:29 PM
Hi Aquariumguy33 ,

I am reading the problem that you have with your Escalade ESV 2007 and looks like we have the same problems :( my fixing process just started no without problems but we could keep in touch to help each other . I bought the manual to do some fixing myself . It has some wiring diagram to tell me where the sensor are located but I didn't have time to go through it yet . There are a lot of information on this forum and I copy and paste . If you have a question regarding the shocks just send me an email , I learned a lot on the shocks replacement journey :) . By the way my SUV has been abused big time !!! I got a good deal but I am ok with fixing stuff even thought I am not a mechanic :) .

Punmax
12-07-11, 02:49 PM
I've been running heavy 24" wheels for 3 years now, and I have no suspension issues. Get your shocks looked at.

My driver, and passenger chrome door handles were also flaking. GM issued a bulletin covering the handles up to 100,000 miles. Dealership replaced all 4 of mine for free.

Escalades are far more reliable than it's competitors (Benz, BMW, etc). Sure, the interior quality might not be up to par with the imports, but it doesn't really bother me.

48Dodge
12-07-11, 03:10 PM
I've been running heavy 24" wheels for 3 years now, and I have no suspension issues. Get your shocks looked at.

My driver, and passenger chrome door handles were also flaking. GM issued a bulletin covering the handles up to 100,000 miles. Dealership replaced all 4 of mine for free.

Escalades are far more reliable than it's competitors (Benz, BMW, etc). Sure, the interior quality might not be up to par with the imports, but it doesn't really bother me.

Wish I'd known about that bulletin. Just rolled past 100k a couple months ago. Driver door is only one that is flaking.

Ghost Deany
12-07-11, 10:01 PM
anyone know the bulletin number? thats for the interior door handles right?

quattrotman
12-08-11, 12:17 AM

Based on what? The powertrain? Well, I guess if the competition used the same mechanicals as the rest of their lineup for the last what? 25 years, I guess they would have stellar reliability too. Instead they choose to give you advancements in technology and refinements. You buy a GL from MB, put it on a lift and look at the undercarriage. Look at the brakes, look at the suspension, etc. They are not interchangeable with 15 other models they sell...and they shouldn't be when you ask that kind of money. That's how they justify the prices the ask for their vehicles...I'm still trying to understand how GM justifies the asking price on an escalade.... I guess thats my problem with the escalade. If they cheap out by using a Tahoe for mechanicals, everything else better be first class and absolutely loaded. I mean fake wood? Cheap plastic? Come on. They make big profit on the escalade and that is why...dont know why so many of you defend it so strongly.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Based on what? The powertrain? Well, I guess if the competition used the same mechanicals as the rest of their lineup for the last what? 25 years, I guess they would have stellar reliability too. Instead they choose to give you advancements in technology and refinements. You buy a GL from MB, put it on a lift and look at the undercarriage. Look at the brakes, look at the suspension, etc. They are not interchangeable with 15 other models they sell...and they shouldn't be when you ask that kind of money. That's how they justify the prices the ask for their vehicles...I'm still trying to understand how GM justifies the asking price on an escalade.... I guess thats my problem with the escalade. If they cheap out by using a Tahoe for mechanicals, everything else better be first class and absolutely loaded. I mean fake wood? Cheap plastic? Come on. They make big profit on the escalade and that is why...dont know why so many of you defend it so strongly.

aquariumguy33
12-08-11, 10:48 AM
Hi Aquariumguy33 ,

I am reading the problem that you have with your Escalade ESV 2007 and looks like we have the same problems :( my fixing process just started no without problems but we could keep in touch to help each other . I bought the manual to do some fixing myself . It has some wiring diagram to tell me where the sensor are located but I didn't have time to go through it yet . There are a lot of information on this forum and I copy and paste . If you have a question regarding the shocks just send me an email , I learned a lot on the shocks replacement journey :) . By the way my SUV has been abused big time !!! I got a good deal but I am ok with fixing stuff even thought I am not a mechanic :) .

Same here I do custom aquariums for a living but I like to tinker with cars in the little spare time I have - my wife thinks I am mental that I like to by broken things and fix them but hey for the right discount I dont mind. I have lots of close friends that are actual mechanics so I bum off their subscriptions and pick their brains alot so that helps alot and I have no problem sharing how I solve the problems because obviously everyone is having same/similar issues.

In my case it turned out when we pulled the code on the suspension it said the relief valve was bad on the compressor or some crap. Anyway the subscription site my buddy uses has reports from all the mechanics on what fixed the problem which made it easy to figure out - ran up to Oreilly's Auto and grabbed an Arnott compressor ($220+tax little spendy but didnt have to wait) put it in in about and hour and the truck drives like new. Struts turned out to be totally ok after actual inspection on the lift.

Dealer up here didnt have a problem when I told them I would be bringing it in to have it replaced after 100K I would call someone locally and at least mention that they are flaking and you would like them replaced.

Good to know I want some 24's :0)

Based on what? The powertrain? Well, I guess if the competition used the same mechanicals as the rest of their lineup for the last what? 25 years, I guess they would have stellar reliability too. Instead they choose to give you advancements in technology and refinements. You buy a GL from MB, put it on a lift and look at the undercarriage. Look at the brakes, look at the suspension, etc. They are not interchangeable with 15 other models they sell...and they shouldn't be when you ask that kind of money. That's how they justify the prices the ask for their vehicles...I'm still trying to understand how GM justifies the asking price on an escalade.... I guess thats my problem with the escalade. If they cheap out by using a Tahoe for mechanicals, everything else better be first class and absolutely loaded. I mean fake wood? Cheap plastic? Come on. They make big profit on the escalade and that is why...dont know why so many of you defend it so strongly.[COLOR="Silver"]

THANK GOD! There is another person on this forum that knows something about imports lol.

I agree totally that imports are excellent in doing everything better then domestics - remember that phrase "money talks bs walks" I dont recall any import manufacturer needing or taking any bail out money - aside from BMW (which I choose to pretend does not exist) I do not recall any imports giving away 0% financing. The interiors are works of art - when you sit in it you feel like you are in a luxury vehicle -real wood or not - they spend alot of time in crafting a visually appealing and functional interior. My TL is from 04 now and it still looks nicer then the interior of this truck.

Now what I will say for GM is that their motors haven't changed in years for the most part and have a proven track record of reliability - which being a guy who needed a big ass SUV but couldnt get that from an import company (other then the lexus which I personally think looks hideous) really considered to be a positive. The escalade is pretty much the same as one of my vans and I have had nothing but good experiences in the long haul (I have run vans to 500K with no problems other then normal wear items) combine that with the great price I got and thats the reason I decided to go with the escalade.

hannity
12-08-11, 10:59 AM

The cadillac brand ranks 25 out of the 28 brands as far as reliability. And the escalade is the least reliable vehicle wearing the cadillac badge. Personally I can testify to this. I stand vehemently behind Japanese cars because they are some of the most reliable cars on the planet. I can testify to that. But if Nissan is building crap then I will call them out on that and not remain loyal to them. Especially when I am spending my hard earned money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6qqB_bJuAQ&feature=player_embedded

http://img131.imagevenue.com/loc505/th_356341536_okoo05_122_505lo.jpg (http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=356341536_okoo05_122_505lo.jpg)

hcvone
12-08-11, 11:06 AM
The cadillac brand ranks 25 out of the 28 brands as far as reliability. And the escalade is the least reliable vehicle wearing the cadillac badge. Personally I can testify to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6qqB_bJuAQ&feature=player_embedded

That's funny because JD Power in 2011 (last result) ranked Escalade above Benz GL class and Lincoln, and CR ranks by price and not by quality

J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study: Top-Rated Vans, SUVs and Trucks

In June 2011, J.D. Power and Associates released its 2011 Initial Quality Study, which lists the top performers in defined car and truck segments within the first 90 days of vehicle ownership. In addition, the study also ranks the best brands for initial quality.

Initial Quality Study: Van, SUV and Truck Ratings

The top models in each segment are listed. Click on the image or model name to read its 2011 Cars.com report.

Category

Best in Category

Other Top Picks

Best Compact Crossover/SUV

Honda Element

Honda CR-V
Toyota FJ Cruiser

Best Compact MPV*

Chevrolet HHR

Best Midsize Crossover/SUV

Honda Accord Crosstour

Dodge Durango (tie)
Subaru Outback (tie)

Best Full-Size Crossover/SUV

Chevrolet Tahoe

GMC Yukon
Chevrolet Suburban

Best Entry Luxury Crossover/SUV

Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Acura RDX
Volvo XC60

Best Midsize Luxury Crossover/SUV

Lexus GX

Lexus RX
BMW X6 (tie)
Infiniti FX (tie)
Volvo XC70 (tie)

Best Full-Size Luxury Crossover/SUV

Cadillac Escalade

Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
Lincoln Navigator

Best Midsize Pickup

Honda Ridgeline

Nissan Frontier
Ram Dakota

Best Full-Size Pickup

Ford F-150 LD

Toyota Tundra
Chevrolet Avalanche

Best Minivan

Chrysler Town & Country

Honda Odyssey
Dodge Grand Caravan

All vehicle segments were assigned by J.D. Power and Associates.

hannity
12-08-11, 11:10 AM

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

One of the best posts I have read on here. I understand some folks being loyal, but turning a blind eye to a vehicle's lack of quality and lack of automotive standards doesn't make it alright.. Especially when they cost the same price as vehicles with much, much better quality and current automobile standards and technology. Shame on gm.

aquariumguy33
12-08-11, 02:52 PM
I too am a guy that will stand behind a quality product but I dont give 2 craps about the brand I want quality and if it's not there I will call them out on it. For instance - while my acura looks very well thought out the leather is not as nice as I hoped for - however it has held up over the last 7 years of ownership so I am satisfied.

To me its as much about the logo as it is about the quality - know how many people said damn this interior is sick since I have owned it? NONE

Number of people that get in and say whats up with the door handle? Just about everyone.

I buy luxury because a) I like the bells and whistles like heated steering, heated washer fluid, etc b) it shows my customers that I am as good as I say I am at what I do (or i am a real good drug dealer on the side :stirpot:) and c) I just happen to like the look of more luxury cars then standard cars and d) I like bragging rights.

GM has a solid platform no argument there - but the lack of fit and finish on the interior is what leaves me limp.

MrHolland
12-08-11, 03:03 PM
Safe to say GM isnt the "pill" that you thought it would be??:banana:

crankedupforit
12-08-11, 05:16 PM
The cadillac brand ranks 25 out of the 28 brands as far as reliability. And the escalade is the least reliable vehicle wearing the cadillac badge. Personally I can testify to this. I stand vehemently behind Japanese cars because they are some of the most reliable cars on the planet. I can testify to that. But if Nissan is building crap then I will call them out on that and not remain loyal to them. Especially when I am spending my hard earned money.

25th is ahead of 2 icons of German engineering and quality. Porsche and Audi. I traded my A4 Audi Avant in on an 07 Escalade. My Audi was the most over engineered money pit ever produced.

quattrotman
12-08-11, 10:37 PM
25th is ahead of 2 icons of German engineering and quality. Porsche and Audi. I traded my A4 Audi Avant in on an 07 Escalade. My Audi was the most over engineered money pit ever produced.

Hmmm. I loved my A4 avant. My only gripe was that it was a bit too small for me. Never had a single problem with it in 4 years and 50K miles.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Same here I do custom aquariums for a living but I like to tinker with cars in the little spare time I have - my wife thinks I am mental that I like to by broken things and fix them but hey for the right discount I dont mind. I have lots of close friends that are actual mechanics so I bum off their subscriptions and pick their brains alot so that helps alot and I have no problem sharing how I solve the problems because obviously everyone is having same/similar issues.

In my case it turned out when we pulled the code on the suspension it said the relief valve was bad on the compressor or some crap. Anyway the subscription site my buddy uses has reports from all the mechanics on what fixed the problem which made it easy to figure out - ran up to Oreilly's Auto and grabbed an Arnott compressor ($220+tax little spendy but didnt have to wait) put it in in about and hour and the truck drives like new. Struts turned out to be totally ok after actual inspection on the lift.

Dealer up here didnt have a problem when I told them I would be bringing it in to have it replaced after 100K I would call someone locally and at least mention that they are flaking and you would like them replaced.

Good to know I want some 24's :0)

THANK GOD! There is another person on this forum that knows something about imports lol.

I agree totally that imports are excellent in doing everything better then domestics - remember that phrase "money talks bs walks" I dont recall any import manufacturer needing or taking any bail out money - aside from BMW (which I choose to pretend does not exist) I do not recall any imports giving away 0% financing. The interiors are works of art - when you sit in it you feel like you are in a luxury vehicle -real wood or not - they spend alot of time in crafting a visually appealing and functional interior. My TL is from 04 now and it still looks nicer then the interior of this truck.

Now what I will say for GM is that their motors haven't changed in years for the most part and have a proven track record of reliability - which being a guy who needed a big ass SUV but couldnt get that from an import company (other then the lexus which I personally think looks hideous) really considered to be a positive. The escalade is pretty much the same as one of my vans and I have had nothing but good experiences in the long haul (I have run vans to 500K with no problems other then normal wear items) combine that with the great price I got and thats the reason I decided to go with the escalade.

Great points. I honestly am not trying to trash GM or rub anyone the wrong way but I too am not going to hide that I am dissatisfied with the product. It's the first domestic car I've owned and it's hard not to be critical when I compare it to my other vehicles. You can say what you want about imports and about how cars are rated on quality scales but I prefer to do my own 'real world' testing and my escalade fails. I like it for what I bought it for but it fails. My best vehicle ever has to be my wife's MB ML. I cannot get over how great that truck is. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure and probably not high on quality ratings but it is almost 5 years old, gets beat on by my wife and kids (and I mean beat on) and I have never had a single solitary issue in 80k miles. Nothing. It drives like the day we bought it, nothing squeaks or rattles and it still looks new. Amazing quality and fit and finish. My escalade looks used and its finish is just not anywhere near the same. I had it on a hoist the other day and i couldnt believe bow much rust there was under there. My wife's MB, not a speck and she's got 20k more miles! Just saying.

hannity
12-08-11, 11:43 PM

You missed my point and yet proved it at the same time. Carry on.

And so you know I've never had one problem with my Audi. I'm glad I have one of two cars that I can depend on.

quattrotman
12-09-11, 12:18 AM
And so you know I've never had one problem with my Audi. I'm glad I have one of two cars that I can depend on.

Lol!!:thumbsup:

aquariumguy33
12-09-11, 10:38 AM
Safe to say GM isnt the "pill" that you thought it would be??:banana:

:quagmire: :rofl:

SouthernCaddy
12-10-11, 10:44 AM
You get what you pay for. Buy anything that has been ran hard for very low amount of money and you will have problems. The price you paid for it reflects what the onwer already knew. He did not take care of it and the price shows. We all have 30K plus Escalades on here and they are in great shape. At least my truck is. 104000 miles now and it runs great!! Hope you get your "Cheap" truck repaired. You should have know at that price. What if someone ask you to buy there X5 for 5K? wouldnt you think "Whats wrong with it"? Just sayin.

Rolex
12-10-11, 05:15 PM
You get what you pay for. Buy anything that has been ran hard for very low amount of money and you will have problems. The price you paid for it reflects what the onwer already knew. He did not take care of it and the price shows. We all have 30K plus Escalades on here and they are in great shape. At least my truck is. 104000 miles now and it runs great!! Hope you get your "Cheap" truck repaired. You should have know at that price. What if someone ask you to buy there X5 for 5K? wouldnt you think "Whats wrong with it"? Just sayin.

Quoted for truth.

For years I've been reading through posts made by people who buy very used Cadillacs that look like a million bucks, but have been poorly treated and maintained. It's fine that they show up here frustrated at the vehicle and looking for help. But I've never understood it when they blame GM and Cadillac for their problems. What's more mind boggling is when people buy out of warranty vehicles and throw a fit that they can't get things repaired under warranty. Yes, I've seen it. They typically end their posts in: "I'll never buy another GM/Cadillac product as long as I live."

crankedupforit
12-11-11, 05:58 PM
Lol!!:thumbsup:

I've got an idea. Why don't you an hannity sell your Escalades, go buy an MB and then go to their site and complain how crappy and disappointing Escalades are. You have every right to share your thoughts and experiences as we all do on the forum. You're not at you're best here when you criticize those who don't agree with your value perception of Cadillac. My guess is that people come to the forum to give and get information and in return get some value out of the time they spend here. Being told time and again by a few posters that the vehicle they bought is a piece of junk and an inferior product is just lame. There are over 6000 threads here. If all the posters had similar negative feelings about the Escalade as you do there would be no forum. Just my .02

quattrotman
12-12-11, 05:30 AM
I've got an idea. Why don't you an hannity sell your Escalades, go buy an MB and then go to their site and complain how crappy and disappointing Escalades are. You have every right to share your thoughts and experiences as we all do on the forum. You're not at you're best here when you criticize those who don't agree with your value perception of Cadillac. My guess is that people come to the forum to give and get information and in return get some value out of the time they spend here. Being told time and again by a few posters that the vehicle they bought is a piece of junk and an inferior product is just lame. There are over 6000 threads here. If all the posters had similar negative feelings about the Escalade as you do there would be no forum. Just my .02

Sorry but I don't remember criticizing anyone. I was criticizing my vehicle and the brand which I think I am able to do because I own and drive one. If you are offended by someone criticizing a car then that's your problem. I really don't understand why people get so emotional about their vehicles. It's a car. I couldn't care less if someone criticizes my Porsche or my MB or whatever. If they have something valid to say then go ahead. I compare it to MB becasue I own one and drive it regularily so I believe I can offer some insight and not just an opinion or lame consumer reports quality rating. I own a number of cars and I never said my escalade was a piece of junk. I like my escalade a lot. If I hated it, it would get sold. What I've said over and over again is that it is a decent vehicle and does what I bought it for but GM is on crack for what they charge for them because they ride on old technology, are put together with the same parts from vehicles that cost half as much and use cheap materials considering their price. If I am wrong on anything I just said, please correct me. Just because you don't like me saying you bought an overpriced, mediocre quality truck doesn't mean I should shut up. By definition, a forum is a place for people to share views and express opinions. The critical opinions come with the good. Would it be better for everyone to just lie? What if you posted a question about whether to buy a certain upgrade for your truck and everyone said it was awesome. Then you ordered it and it sucked. What kind of service are we doing to you by blowing smoke up your a$$?
Maybe the reason you don't like what I have to say about my escalade is because the truth hurts and you are having regrets about having spent that much on an overpriced, outdated, bloated truck with just the right amount of flashy gizmos to fool the average buyer. Maybe not. That's why forums are great, we get all sorts of opinions on here. Just my 2 cents.

K9Caddy
12-12-11, 06:08 AM
I actually agree with you to a point, quattroman... There are a few things that annoy me with the truck, to include quality. If there was another company who put out a good looking truck with the horsepower I was looking for, I would of purchased something else. However, there is NOT one SUV out there that can compete with the style, power and overall prestige that the escalade brings to the table. The escalade is way OVERDUE on a quality upgrade. I believe their SUV is far beyond everything else cadillac has to offer. Just doesn't make sense to me.

crankedupforit
12-12-11, 10:58 AM
I like my escalade a lot. If I hated it, it would get sold. ............

............ you are having regrets about having spent that much on an overpriced, outdated, bloated truck with just the right amount of flashy gizmos to fool the average buyer. Maybe not.

Ya, you're making perfect sense.

Let's face it. You're unhappy with it and you want to convince others they made a mistake buying it.

quattrotman
12-12-11, 01:32 PM
Ya, you're making perfect sense.

Let's face it. You're unhappy with it and you want to convince others they made a mistake buying it.

Actually, I bought it used and paid less than half of what it cost new (so, close to what it's really worth). I needed a pick up so i got an ext instead of an f-150. Its nicer inside and looks better. It serves its purpose for me and does what i need it to. If i paid retail for this thing though, you're right, i would be really bitter. Nice try though.

hcvone
12-12-11, 02:01 PM
I have been unhappy with auto purchases thru the years, of course I am old and that was before the internet, yes there was life before the internet, but I don't think I would have went to a forum and bitched about a purchase, I just make the auto disappear (sell or trade), if you only had one Escalade it's kind of like going to a good restaurant, but you go and have a crappy meal with bad service, so to you that restaurant "sucks", but everyone else really likes it, so do you ever go back there again? Some do and some don't. :)

bstiffmanofsteel
12-12-11, 04:59 PM
Quoted for truth.

For years I've been reading through posts made by people who buy very used Cadillacs that look like a million bucks, but have been poorly treated and maintained. It's fine that they show up here frustrated at the vehicle and looking for help. But I've never understood it when they blame GM and Cadillac for their problems. What's more mind boggling is when people buy out of warranty vehicles and throw a fit that they can't get things repaired under warranty. Yes, I've seen it. They typically end their posts in: "I'll never buy another GM/Cadillac product as long as I live."
But those are always great reads. "180,000 miles on an 98 STS that Cadillac won't goodwill the repairs... I hate Obama motors!" Classic!

Ghost Deany
12-14-11, 12:31 AM
My past 4 vehicles have been used Cadillacs. I love buying them used, 1 owners who maintained them properly with records etc.

1. 2005 CTS Base model. Bought in 2007 with 31k on it. Now has 82k. Issues: strut replaced up front warranty. control arms replaced warranty for the TSB on them. A tie rod end relaced in 2009. Bought a $1,600 GMPP extended warranty and the only thing it was ever used on was the tie rod end. The other issues had that were a pain in the ass were the door pull handles, the car didnt come with wood pull handles, it had the painted black ones, i had them replaced like 2 times and they would just peel, i eventually replaced them myself with wood ones off ebay, i wanted the wooden ones anyway. My wife has the car now and it still drives like it did with 31k on it.

2. 2004 Escalade AWD bought in 2009. 48k on it, out of warranty when I bought it. Issues: 1 Rear air shock was leaking. replaced both myself. the intermediate steering shaft had a slight knocking in the steering wheel. Seemed to be a common issue in those trucks, did that myself too. Traded it with 72k on it March 2011

3. 2008 CTS AWD 3.6 DI loaded with everything but nav. 48k on it. Had the sunroof wind noise issue, control arm TSB. Only had the car 4 months before i realized i couldnt be cramped in there anymore and went back to

4. 2007 Escalade AWD this Aug with everything but a sunroof. Bought with 76k and now has 80k. Only issues so far were the 2-3 hard shift. They put in seals etc. under the powertrain warranty. and a oil pan gasket. Ive seen a lot of full size GM trucks with the damn damp oil pan.

Don't know why i wrote a book report here, but really it depends on who owned it before, and how well the maintenance is. I went to school for automotive and while i cant tear down trannys and engines i can do some of the stuff shocks, steering shafts, taking interior stuff apart, brakes and other mechanically inclined stuff. I change the oil every 3k no matter what, Change the front and rear differential fluid 2 times per year. Sure i hate that some of the interior plastics are the same plastic the recycle bins are made of, but im a fan of the brand. Everybody's here because they liked the truck and bough it. Now im just rambling.

aquariumguy33
12-16-11, 03:05 AM
The fanboism of this forum is hilarious at best. The posts continue to be a bunch of people who self admit that they have only owned caddilacs for years.

Ill put it in caps

GM TRUCKS HAVE GREAT PLATFROMS THE MOTOR AND TRANNY ARE WONDERFUL.

now get off your high horse and accept the fact that GM could do much better.
Deleting heated washer fluid vs fixing it is unaccpetable. I wish I had more customers that paid for shit and then said **** it its cool I paid for it but you can't figure out how to keep the fish in my 30k fish tank Alice so just delete them and I will keep the tank and the rock and coral and its cool. No they don't accept it if i can't do anything or it takes 2 minutes too long. Meanwhile seemingly a majority of you believe that supporting the half assness of GM is going to get improvement.

The problems that were with the truck are nothing. I have the time money and resources to fix it. Point is even the brand new ones are about as luxury as a hotwheels.

So let me eliminate all the problems everything works great - trucks interior is huge, tows a pretty:worship: descent load OK great.

Where is my auto window up? Got auto down no up.
Faked brake light oh ill buy a fully lit one and put that on
Cheap interior no nice finsih on the door pannels looks like a Tahoe with fake wood grain inserts from eBay
Plastic interior door handles.
Power fold up second row but not down_
No true fold flat seats
That's just a list of things others have. Buddy that has a cts admitted to me he never would have bought tbr escalade when he was shopping his cts has more options.

Point is I don't hate the truck just saying their is an aweful lot of hype about these trucks and for the hype they really didn't and don't impress me. My oppion remains the same and don't care if everyone wants to talk shit about how they think the truck I bought was a pile of shit cuz I fix it drive it and own it.

I bow :worship: to Cadillac happy?

*I love Cadillac they are the best, I love Cadillac they are the best, I love Cadillac they are the best*

MrHolland
12-16-11, 12:34 PM
Fanboism, great word!!! Some but not all of you issues were addressed in the newer higher end Escalades. Probably not the answer people are looking for,,,,,let the flaming begin!!!!

K9Caddy
12-16-11, 03:01 PM
Aquarium-

If you could write a coherent paragraph without getting all emotional, people might take you seriously. All of us here for the most part, understand the truck is far from perfect. Moreover, if we hated it so much, we would of got rid of it a LONG time ago. We come here and express our issues and complain from time to time, but in the end we come to a conclusion or work out the problem. That is what this forum is about. If we hated everything so much, we would just write GM and sold the POS. There are members here like 'Hcvone, MATCHN TOYZ, Etc.' who put in time and effort to make the rides to their specification and liking. Some of these issues you complain about are moot to others. Honestly, I'm the first one to bitch about something too! ;)

crankedupforit
12-16-11, 04:57 PM
Aquarium
You obviously f**ked up when you bought the Caddy. Why else would you be so miserable and angry with everyone? Why did you buy it in the first place? Why do you insist that folks here need to acknowledge your list of grievances? Would having everyone agree with you make you feel any better about your Escalade? Does it make the fake brake light which mocks you appear spectacular now? Does the fake wood seem to change to a fine burled walnut now that people see eye to eye with your opinion? Does the thankless task of pulling your finger up on the window button seem to diminish when all the suffering Escalade owners in the world agree with your assessment of GM and their half "assness"? Instead of trying to get validation for your poor buying decision from people on the forum , find a car or truck you appreciate, buy it, and live happily ever after. In the mean time stop trying to tell everyone else they have no right to be happy with their Escalade because you aren't.

SouthernCaddy
12-16-11, 05:33 PM
WTF? The Escalade is not perfect......BUT IT'S SURE THE HELL AS GOOD as the rest and better than most. Everything has a problem and I am not a "Always owned a Caddy" this is the first one I have every owned and the most I have ever paid for a truck. Do I like it....YOU BET YOUR ASS I do. If you dont like it sale it. Your loss not ours.

Now if you would like to fix it and stay and help us with the little things that come up in these trucks, I welcome your thoughts. And I am sure at some point you will come to see the the Esacalde is truely a high end nice ride. I hope you stay around and become a productive member and enjoy your truck. I know we will! :) have a good day Sir.

hcvone
12-16-11, 06:25 PM
Help me I am kind of confused here, you said in your opening sentence "got a great deal on it so decided to buy it"

But all the things you list as problems are items that anyone could see before buying as I said in my first post, it's an 07', it's 5 model years old, drive a 2012 Ferrari and a 2007 Ferrari same model and guess which will be better, in everyway. Is this really hannity posting this???? Sell it and your problems will go away. :)

Ghost Deany
12-16-11, 09:01 PM
I love the guys that pitch a bitch but....you still own the truck. If it sucks that bad, get rid of it.

felixgun
01-01-12, 12:23 PM
Aquarium I say you sell it and quit bitching on this forum. Everyone on this forum (for the most part) likes their escalade. If you don't like it I don't see why you still have it.

brentspatriots
01-01-12, 12:59 PM
sounds like you have a few annoying problems, all of which the dealer should have fixed before they sold it, all these issues id take the truck back for and had them fix it immediately after i bought it. When i bought mine they had to fix the suspension, put new battery in and other small stuff. The truck is an 07 with 110,000 kms on it, it runs like its brand new. Thats what i payed for. it runs and sounds better than some 2010 trucks with 10,000kms. But i went to the dealer the other day to pick up my truck after getting rear brakes done. I thought my truck was their brand new 2011 sitting out front. (they wash it after every service). As i approached i noticed it wasnt my truck at all, so i looked at the price tag on it, $91,000!!!! are you kidding me, who in their right mind would every spend that on this truck!!! its a nice truck, noticeably better than a ford, dodge etc. but way way way overpriced. People buy it for the name, not the right reasons. Im guilty of it too.

note: i have an 07 ext, the new truck was a 2011 ext. also we are in canada, so prices and mileage are different than yours. but still. our dollar is nearly the same now, i shake my head at people that waste this kinda money on brand new escalades.

JD_Joe
01-01-12, 03:28 PM
I was very impressed with our 07 Tahoe for what it was, the value, and the expectations for the dollar. I would be pissed if I had purchased our MINT 08 ESV AWD Premium new. Our dealer has been absolutely fantastic in every way. I would recommend them hands down! I've been equally impressed with the CPO warranty coverage we've received. The vehicle looks new and appears to have been well cared for cosmetically compared to MANY that we looked at prior to purchasing it with 44,000 miles. I just can't believe how disappointed I am in the ride and drivability of this thing compared to our Tahoe. We had factory 20's on the hoe with newly installed Bridgestones before we traded it. We have new factory 22's (chrome issue) with new Bridgestone tires as well as new struts and upper control arms on the Escalade. This thing rides and drives like shit! I understand the 22's will give up some ride but I had envisioned the Cadillac ride more than making up for it. Wrong... The steering wheel is full of bump steer and reacts to every deviance and rough surface in the road. There is also wobble in wheel after all new front end parts, wheels, tires, and two road force rebalances. I'm wanting to trade for an Expedition Limited but of coarse they're on the verge of a body style change... I've always had GM vehicles and this won't be the last for sure, just disappointed in this one for the hype.

murphy
01-01-12, 04:34 PM
I'd suggest possibly driving some other Lade to see if possibly there is an issue with yours..

hannity
01-01-12, 06:06 PM
I love the guys that pitch a bitch but....you still own the truck. If it sucks that bad, get rid of it.
For some of us it's not that easy. If it were I would have dumped this junk heap a long time ago. If someone takes over payments, I am still responsible if they default. If I buy another vehicle. I will have to come up with another down payment. The new price of whatever I get would factor into the payment increasing it even further. I am paying for 3 cars right now. My lade, my wife's Audi and the Lexus LS460 I bought my parents, plus my mortgage and I'm finishing off my student loans. That's why it's frustrating to buy something and expecting it to hold up like a normal car should and being told that it's many many quality issues are normal. I have no one to blame but myself though, I never researched the lade. I figured if I bought it brand new and took care of it. then I would have little to no issues. Boy was I wrong.

Rolex
01-01-12, 06:29 PM
Aquarium
You obviously f**ked up when you bought the Caddy. Why else would you be so miserable and angry with everyone? Why did you buy it in the first place? Why do you insist that folks here need to acknowledge your list of grievances? Would having everyone agree with you make you feel any better about your Escalade? Does it make the fake brake light which mocks you appear spectacular now? Does the fake wood seem to change to a fine burled walnut now that people see eye to eye with your opinion? Does the thankless task of pulling your finger up on the window button seem to diminish when all the suffering Escalade owners in the world agree with your assessment of GM and their half "assness"? Instead of trying to get validation for your poor buying decision from people on the forum , find a car or truck you appreciate, buy it, and live happily ever after. In the mean time stop trying to tell everyone else they have no right to be happy with their Escalade because you aren't.

:yeah:

----------

The fanboism of this forum is hilarious at best......

The problems that were with the truck are nothing. I have the time money and resources to fix it. Point is even the brand new ones are about as luxury as a hotwheels.......

Why are you here?

JimmyH
01-01-12, 06:36 PM
http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/gif/troll.jpg

Rolex
01-17-12, 09:55 PM
We're done here. :closed: