: Double din dvd ideas or recommendations

BLACKllac
12-04-11, 09:42 PM
any ideas or recommendations for double din indash dvd players. my 07 didnt come with a navi and i want to put something in. i know i dont like the motorized flip out, so the double din would be best. thanks in advance everyone

550HP STSV
12-05-11, 06:07 PM
no. everything runs through the radios in this car. Dont do it. Cruise / door chimes / security / antitheft etc will all be disabled. That is why there is no "radio kit" like you can find for a 2000 civic on ebay.

Save your money up and get a model with NAV if you want it.

EChas3
12-05-11, 06:43 PM
The mod is feasible but involves keeping the old radio for the features 550HP describes. People have moved the OEM radio to the trunk but that makes it hard to change settings. These cars don't make it easy on DIY owners.

BLACKllac
12-05-11, 07:09 PM
damn, you guys just broke my heart. i had no idea... if i knew that i wouldnt have bought this car.
thanks for the replies tho.
i did read the thread about installing a nav into a non-nav sts. is it really as easy as unplugging the radio one and plugging the nav in? thanks agian,
mike

madmanmogan
12-06-11, 12:33 PM
Search the site, I believe someone has done a walk through about installing nav to non nav cars.

550HP STSV
12-06-11, 02:56 PM
If you wanted Nav so bad, why in the world would you buy a car without it?

nathanjax
12-06-11, 03:04 PM
If you wanted Nav so bad, why in the world would you buy a car without it?

Because aftermarket nav's are 1000 times better than most stock navs...

scott9001
12-06-11, 06:20 PM
you can buy wireing harness for them it will probably run you about $180-200 like echas3 said you locate the factory radio into the trunk and then add the aftermarket one in its mostly plug and play i seen somewhere on a cadillac site someone doing it to a 06 but not a clue where i seen that. also i doubt that a factory nav would just be plug and play because of speaker options being bose or not there will be amplifiers in some and not others just my guess.

BLACKllac
12-07-11, 12:30 AM
you can buy wireing harness for them it will probably run you about $180-200 like echas3 said you locate the factory radio into the trunk and then add the aftermarket one in its mostly plug and play i seen somewhere on a cadillac site someone doing it to a 06 but not a clue where i seen that. also i doubt that a factory nav would just be plug and play because of speaker options being bose or not there will be amplifiers in some and not others just my guess.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/181473-added-nav-non-nav-sts-100-a.html

here is that thread for the facotry nav install into a non-nav sts. its right in our forum. thanks for the replies guys,