: Tire Pressure Monitor

toggan
12-04-11, 06:10 AM
Hi.

I have just changed tires from the original to snow tires on my 2011 model.
Is it possible in any way to disable the Tire Pressure Monitor?

Regards

Torgny

TheCaptain
12-04-11, 11:25 AM
If you do find a way (which i doubt), it will likely result in another service light. :)

Safety first kids!

frankrizzo135
12-04-11, 04:59 PM
I put my winter tires on too. I think all you can do is push the menu button to get rid of the message that says"SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM " , but you'll have to live with the little tire lite on the dash. I guess you can put a piece of black tape over that,though!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer01
12-05-11, 10:19 AM
There should be a way to disable the warning light. On my old Lexus SC430, you could unclip a plug under the shift console and the light was gone for good.

Trippy
12-05-11, 06:07 PM
Try a hammer. ;)

toggan
12-06-11, 03:00 PM
OK thanks. I understand that I have to live with the "error" message.

MnMs
12-09-11, 08:23 AM
According to NHTSA: After first retail sale of the vehicle, we do not believe that installing aftermarket tires and wheels necessarily makes the TPMS ‘inoperable.’ However, the MIL cannot be disabled. If the vehicle owner so desires, the vehicle could be taken to a dealer that has the replacement parts and tools necessary to repair and calibrate the TPMS system. We have no legal authority over individual use of a vehicle. Businesses installing aftermarket wheels and tires may not disable the malfunction indicator light and this prohibition is for the life of the vehicle. Individual states have legal authority to enact laws, and could require TPMS to function per FMVSS 138 even after modifications (such as installation of aftermarket tires and wheels) are performed by the private vehicle owner and an aftermarket business.”