: Trouble with Siri and talk-to-text (iPhone 4S, 2011 Escalade)

Manic
12-03-11, 11:32 PM
Thanks in advance. I did a search and found lots on bluetooth issues but not my particular issue. Wonder if any others have it and if there is a solution.

My phone connects nicely, and I can dial and receive calls normally. When I try the talk-to-text feature or Siri, it seems to be connected to bluetooth: the music mutes and the vehicle seems to be "listening". However, after about one second, it says "call disconnected" overhead and cuts me off. Really annoying.

This seems to only be a problem when the phone is plugged into the USB port, which I do pretty much all the time so I can listen to music and keep it charged. Although it works unplugged, since it asks me to eject the phone before unplugging it, it's kind of a hassle to do this every time I want to use the voice commands on the phone. This is one of the nicest features of the phone, and obviously the safest way to use it while driving.

Also, since I plan to hack the DVD/NAV with something like the XM550, any ideas on if and how this would affect the usefulness of the phone and voice commands?

Any help is appreciated.

escalade kidd
12-04-11, 12:22 PM
Ask Siri!!!

MrHolland
12-04-11, 04:51 PM
Maybe your phone is about to spontaneously combust!!

hcvone
12-05-11, 08:47 AM
I have 4s iphones and not really sure the Escalade gets along with siri from what I found, probably has something to do with Onstar at this time, siri came out way after the Escalade software