: Scratches on cup holder woodgrain.

yritchey
12-03-11, 11:09 PM
I had a Kleenex box setting on my cupholder ashtray woodgrain and now I have lines across it from the box bottom. Is there any way to get the lines out?

K9Caddy
12-04-11, 06:39 AM
Try a plastic polish, such as Zaino's Z-14. http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-14&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=17

hannity
12-04-11, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately that wood grain is just cheap plastic, you may have to replace the trim parts if the scratches are that deep or just an annoyance to look at.

nelson480
12-04-11, 04:31 PM
I use exterior Auto wax on my wood trims.
Makes it look new again

Big Windy Ext
12-05-11, 08:46 AM
PlastX is another product I have used and may be more available than Zaino.As far as cheap plastic,maybe Hannity knows of an indestructible material,because the stainless console and wood dash in his Platinum scratch also. Granite console? lol

hcvone
12-05-11, 08:49 AM
But I have plenty of Zaino ;) As said a good plastic polish will correct the issue, I found not putting anything that can slid will keep it scratch free.

yritchey
12-05-11, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys!
Tried PlastX and it did'nt touch it. It's more of a dullness across the console where the Kleenex box was. Guess I'll have to live with it.

hcvone
12-05-11, 08:57 AM
Thanks guys!
Tried PlastX and it did'nt touch it. It's more of a dullness across the console where the Kleenex box was. Guess I'll have to live with it.

You may want to try another plastic polish, I never had much luck with that brand, or just try a carnauba wax, the oils should fill in the scratches for a while

groovymambo
12-10-11, 01:52 AM
try NOVUS plastic polish, easy to find, do search on Ebay or Amazon and buy the 2 step kit, 3 step not needed. Use a polishing cloth and apply very little at a time and rub small 3 inch area at a time, you'll have to do alot of rubbing, add a couple more drops do more rubbing but it does work very well, but not on deep scratches. I did mine and it looks excellent. The trick is to do small sections at a time.

quattrotman
12-10-11, 04:34 AM
Now you have an excuse to get the trim painted piano black and be done with the cheap fake wood forever :)

sfabela
12-12-11, 09:41 PM
it depends how bad your scratch is. it is true about the woodgrain being cheap plastic, maybe if its light scratches itll go away if not then your stuck with it unless you replace it.