: Did your intake give you better performance and gas mileage?

LACbaby
11-05-04, 05:15 AM
Just like the topic says, I would love to get better performance aswell an increase of my 10mpg that I get at the moment :yup:
Also, what are you guys buying?

T_Dogg8
11-05-04, 09:50 AM
wow. 10 mpg. i doubt you'll find anything for that.

hcvone
11-05-04, 12:06 PM
You will get better performance, I did pickup a few mpg on the highway, but the city mileage is the same

Kenn
11-05-04, 12:09 PM
What is your mileage and what do you get on the highway. I have a 2005 lade.

beem
11-05-04, 08:50 PM
If you ever find an intake that gives you an additional 10 mpg then let me know. I would invest thousands if such an intake was on the market.

paidge7
11-05-04, 10:48 PM
did your intake change the sound too much ?
the sound is real better ?

somebody have a file to listen to the sound with the stock and with the intake mod ?

LACbaby
11-06-04, 01:09 AM
Sorry fellas, I edited my post, maybe I confused some of you.
What I meant to say was, I would like to get better mileage that I currently get(which is 10mpg). :thumbsup:

Sycosis
11-06-04, 09:01 AM
The government has the escalade rated at 13 mpg city and your getting 10. Seems about right. I'm sure you don't drive like a government tester. Your truck weighs >5000 lbs. There's not much you can do to increase gas mileage. Did you add bigger wheels and tires? If you answered yes your mileage will decrease. Add a ton of stereo and video equipment? Again less mileage. Seems crazy to me people would buy one of the biggest suv's on the planet then complain about gas mileage.

LACbaby
11-07-04, 02:16 AM
Seems crazy to me people would buy one of the biggest suv's on the planet then complain about gas mileage.

Not complaining at all, I love my truck or else I wouldnt have it. Just wanted to get an opinion of what you guys were using for more performance and if it gave better gas mileage.
Afterall, isnt this what this forum is for, to get others personal experiences and info? :hmm:

sloppy
11-07-04, 04:11 PM
right now I have a stock denali xl (soon to be 05 ESV in a week or so) and get 13 mpg

T_Dogg8
11-08-04, 08:48 AM
Afterall, isnt this what this forum is for, to get others personal experiences and info? :hmm:

:hmm: :yeah: :hmm:

hcvone
11-08-04, 08:55 AM
What is your mileage and what do you get on the highway. I have a 2005 lade.

I get 12.2 - 12.5 around town, and 18.5 - 20.3 on the highway depending on speed and if I go into the mountains

T_Dogg8
11-08-04, 09:01 AM
i get more than that around town, but not quite as much on highway. and i don't have anything done. it'd be nice if i could have your highway miles and my around town miles :D

Dif
11-09-04, 12:05 PM
I recently put only a K&N replacement air filter in my 2004 EXT.
Haven't driven enough yet to know if it helped the mileage but it seems a bit better on response and seems to cruise more freely on the highway.
The exhaust tone has changed a bit to slightly louder with more rumble.
Anyone else with comments or results from just changing to this filter.
Regards... Frank

PistolPreeth
11-09-04, 12:25 PM
Haven't driven enough yet to know if it helped the mileage but it seems a bit better on response and seems to cruise more freely on the highway.
Regards... Frank

Frank---

Where did you buy your k&n filter for the Escalade. I too have a 2004. If you dont know where u got it, could u tell me which model of the K&N filter i would need for the escalade?

Thanks

TRNSFRM
11-09-04, 12:26 PM
Regards... Frank

I recently installed a K&N 77 Serie cold air intake on my 2004 EXT. Same result as you have stated. Better throttle response and a rumble under the hood at WOT.

Dif
11-09-04, 12:49 PM
Frank---

Where did you buy your k&n filter for the Escalade. I too have a 2004. If you dont know where u got it, could u tell me which model of the K&N filter i would need for the escalade?

Thanks
I bought it at the local Parts America auto store.
# on the box is 33-2135
When I cross referrenced it for compatability in the auto store book, it only went up to 2003 EXT but... it fit right in my 2004.. exact replacement, and took 10 minutes.
I had google searched online for the K&N High Flow air filter at first and then found places from that search that had them in local auto parts stores near me.
Except for the few places that try to get more money.. I didn't find any difference in prices no matter where I searched.. shouldn't pay more than $55.00 for one!
Regards.. Frank

T_Dogg8
11-09-04, 01:02 PM
is this just the filter or the whole intake??

Dif
11-09-04, 05:57 PM
is this just the filter or the whole intake??
It's Only the K&N High-Flow Air Filter element which replaces the stock GM air filter element.
It's Not the K&N cone shaped air filter setup with the K&N air intake setup.
Regards.. Frank

Raplon
11-09-04, 11:20 PM
My 2004 ESV has Touring Corsa exhaust, Volant Cold Air induction with the scoop and 20" wheels. I get 14.3 mpg average in mixed driving. This is almost the same I used to get on my 2002 Escalade (14.6 mpg) with everything stock. Which means all this intake/exhaust doesn't help. Milage at list. Don't get me wrong, i love my Volant/Corsa staff for reasons other then better milage. And I would put it on next time.

sloppy
11-10-04, 01:34 AM
My 2004 ESV has Touring Corsa exhaust, Volant Cold Air induction with the scoop and 20" wheels. I get 14.3 mpg average in mixed driving. This is almost the same I used to get on my 2002 Escalade (14.6 mpg) with everything stock. Which means all this intake/exhaust doesn't help. Milage at list. Don't get me wrong, i love my Volant/Corsa staff for reasons other then better milage. And I would put it on next time.
Do u have any pics of the ESV, I am trying to decide 20 vs 22

T_Dogg8
11-10-04, 08:34 AM
well, actually, your ESV is probably heavier than your 02 and the 20" wheels don't help either. so i would guess that you're getting more from your exhaust/intake than you think.

T_Dogg8
11-10-04, 08:35 AM
It's Only the K&N High-Flow Air Filter element which replaces the stock GM air filter element.
It's Not the K&N cone shaped air filter setup with the K&N air intake setup.
Regards.. Frank
cool. thanks. let me know what mpg change you get (if any) from that.

LACbaby
11-10-04, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys :2thumbs:
Raplon, do you have any pics of your setup? Hood scoop and all? Sounds really nice.

well, actually, your ESV is probably heavier than your 02 and the 20" wheels don't help either. so i would guess that you're getting more from your exhaust/intake than you think.

:yeah: :)

Raplon
11-11-04, 07:55 PM
I don't. But if you're interested, I can shoot some over the weekend.

LACbaby
11-11-04, 09:14 PM
Yes, very interested, please do :cheers:

ALLeyez187onME
11-16-04, 02:15 AM
Volant did a lot better in my testing than k&n did, the volant intake i have has a box to keep the filter away from the engine(obviously because it gets hot) its sort of like a cold air intake but without the install all the way in the lower bumper.

Mike Cash
11-16-04, 02:16 AM
I have an 05 Ext with Gibson Headers and Gibson exhust and im getting about 13.8-13.9 MPG do you think thats pretty decent??

T_Dogg8
11-16-04, 08:39 PM
I have an 05 Ext with Gibson Headers and Gibson exhust and im getting about 13.8-13.9 MPG do you think thats pretty decent??
no. i get 15-19 stock on my 02.