: 2009 STS Ash Tray light replacement

Silverfox031
12-01-11, 08:31 PM
How do you replace the Ash Tray/Coin Holder Light?
How do you remove the Tray to get at the light?

I noticed when opening the unit there is metal plate above the tray with a slot for the light to shine through. But can not see how to take the tray out?

thanks for any help

EChas3
12-01-11, 09:25 PM
I think you'll have to remove the tray assembly. Has anyone gotten it done by just removing the tray insert?

Step one would be to remove the trim piece that surrounds the radio/HVAC/tray stack. Next remove the bolts holding in the tray assembly. You may also need to loosen other bolts to get the tray out.

ddalder
12-02-11, 12:16 AM
I think you're going to find this a little more difficult. There is no bulb to replace. This is actually a small circuit board with an LED. You may end up being stuck purchasing the whole tray.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w96/dda1080/_STS%20Dash/IMG_2974.jpg

STS guy
12-02-11, 10:08 AM
HOLY BUCKETS !!!!!! Cadillac can make maintenance more costly than I ever dreamed.

ddalder
12-02-11, 12:04 PM
Under typical circumstances you should never have to replace an LED within the life of the vehicle so in most cases, this would be considered maintenance free. The problem may not be with this part, but without getting in and doing some testing it isn't possible to know for sure.

KRSTS
12-02-11, 12:26 PM
Doesn't seem like the candle is worth the flame:hrazz:

Silverfox031
12-02-11, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the responses, I am less concerned about it being lit now, will wait until I trade then will have no issues "hopefully":yup: