: Thanks Cadillac you finally did it................................................ .

hcvone
12-01-11, 01:03 PM
After spending only $580,000 plus in Escalade's since 2007 you finally got rid of the WIND NOISE, I can honestly say there is ZERO wind noise in either of my 2012's. I went one step more I put a decibel meter in my trucks and in my Benz and Jag and the readings were within 4 db's from the Escalade's to the Benz and Jag. Now my 2011 is a different story, that was 11 db's higher than my other two 2012 Escalade's :eek: But the 2007 I just picked up is by far the worst, that was 18 db's higher than the 2012's. Way to jump right on the problem Cadillac, NOT. I am thinking my 11' has to go, I have way too many with this 07', but that maybe sold. ;)

K9Caddy
12-01-11, 01:06 PM
Only took 5 years, Congrats GM!!! Now on to the new model with a plethora of new issues!!! Ahaha :)

However, my 2009 is pretty quiet, unless I'm doing 80+ MPH

hcvone
12-01-11, 01:51 PM
I did the test last night while the wind was blowing 30-40 mph and drive up the Northeast Extension of the Turnpike, people probably thought we were nuts because I had 4 drivers and I kept switching cars/trucks with my meter because I can not drive because of my broken hand and arm, and we were going well over the limit, of course it was for science, and my friends like beating my cars/trucks it seems. :)

K9Caddy
12-01-11, 01:55 PM
70-75 MPH, mine is DEAD silent, unless its just terribly windy out. I think mine is even quieter now, since they replaced the windshield.

Btw, I noticed it's even better now at higher speeds, since I removed the Weathertech rain-guards. Those things induce too much wind noise!!

rjm
12-01-11, 03:51 PM
My '11 has ZERO wind noise, at least I think so. Above 60 its hard to tell what with all the roar from the Bridgestones and lack of sound proofing in the doors allowing all the road noise from surrounding vehicles to enter the cabin. Thankfully my daily routine involves in town driving, rarely exceeding 50 mph.

Every review I read commented on what a quiet vehicle the Escalade is, but my experience is the exact opposite. This no joking matter, to take a road trip in this vehicle I'd need ear plugs and/or noise cancelling headphones.

Lord Cadillac
12-01-11, 03:53 PM
This is REALLY great news! Thank you for posting this up!

Nixin
12-01-11, 04:17 PM
My '07 ESV is totally silent (when it's sitting in the driveway):thumbsup:

hcvone
12-01-11, 05:03 PM
My '07 ESV is totally silent (when it's sitting in the driveway):thumbsup:

LMAO, now that is funny, that 07' I just picked up isn't silent even sitting still, needs some serious adjustments

Mike06train
12-01-11, 05:13 PM
I have an 07. I don't have an issue with wind noise. my Denali after 70 mph was bad.

richw3533
12-01-11, 08:33 PM
70-75 MPH, mine is DEAD silent, unless its just terribly windy out. I think mine is even quieter now, since they replaced the windshield.

Btw, I noticed it's even better now at higher speeds, since I removed the Weathertech rain-guards. Those things induce too much wind noise!!

I replaced my windshield and it got rid of alot of noise, so I tried the removal of the rain guards trick and that helped also(liked the use of them so put them back on).... so now its just the sound of 625 supercharged horses and a sweet system, LOL!!!

SouthernCaddy
12-01-11, 09:05 PM
I cant hear anything but the exhaust on my 07. And it is stock? Maybe I got lucky?

murphy
12-01-11, 10:13 PM
If you want to really see how bad they are turn the fan on high and lather some soapy water around the doors especially at the mirrors....major air leakage (bubbles) My '07 was bad and repaired to somewhat better..now this Platinum is going in for very definite drivers side mirror noise :(

Edit:
Just did this test on this '09 for the first time and leaks like a sieve along the bottom of the belt moulding that sids at the bottom of the window (chrome/black piece) at the front of it near the mirror...it almost feels loose and I can press it into the door plane and the air coming out of the truck diminishes..the bottom of the mirror assembly is also not tight to the truck...definitely some tweaking needed here..the positive is it can only get better and it's already not as bad as the 07 :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-02-11, 04:26 PM
I am glad this issue was resolved for you. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your ride!
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

felixgun
12-02-11, 07:49 PM
I get a lot of wind noise in my 07. Can a dealership do anything to fix this?

owyz1
12-03-11, 06:52 AM
Yes, they can sell you a 2012