: Borla Exhaust

sloppy
11-04-04, 07:34 PM
Does anyone have the borla dual exhaust on their escalade? Does it really have a loud annoying drone at the higher speeds? When I get my ESV I am planning on getting the borla exhaust and wanted to know if it really ressonates inside the cab alot specifically from someone who actually has it. Thanks

BigBalla
11-04-04, 08:39 PM
i just put mine on my ext and just love it...
it looks awesome and you get the deep sounds....
i don't think you'll regret getting it later... at least i didn't... :thumbsup:

sloppy
11-04-04, 08:46 PM
so its not headache inducing?

macruz
11-04-04, 11:03 PM
Yes I do agree the borla exhaust is smooth and has a nice rumble not loud and crappy like the flowmaster.It is smooth and has good added HP :thumbsup:

Machine
11-05-04, 03:03 PM
Sorry, I disagree. The Borla Dual Catback resonates like crazy at cruise speed (65-75 mph). Mine was so bad that I removed the Borla muffler and installed a Magnaflow in its place. Still drones but at a different range (72-75 mph). I can live with that.

Harrison256
11-05-04, 03:10 PM
just go 71 or 76 lol

Machine
11-05-04, 03:23 PM
just go 71 or 76 lol

Exactly

sloppy
11-05-04, 04:21 PM
just go 71 or 76 lol

Good idea :rolleyes2

hcvone
11-06-04, 08:38 AM
I had Borla duals on two Suburbans and they both resonated at 50-70 mph pretty bad

sloppy
11-07-04, 02:58 PM
damn, oh well, its free so if I don't like it I'll just take it off and sell it on ebay or sumthin

sloppy
11-07-04, 03:00 PM
Or maybe I'll just replace the muffler like Machine did

T_Dogg8
11-08-04, 07:46 AM
that would probably be your best bet. jsut remember, a lot of these exhausts are geared towards trucks and also maximum performance gains. they don't always consider the luxury of the truck.

Machine
11-08-04, 11:48 AM
that would probably be your best bet. jsut remember, a lot of these exhausts are geared towards trucks and also maximum performance gains. they don't always consider the luxury of the truck.

That's a very valid point. I think Corsa gives the best of both aspects. Free flowing, performance driven exhaust with zero drone.

beem
11-08-04, 12:16 PM
Don't no about Borla but Corsa should sound something like this:

http://www.corsaperf.com/flashdenali.htm

Sounds pretty mean to me.

GRP
11-09-04, 08:17 PM
Don't no about Borla but Corsa should sound something like this:

http://www.corsaperf.com/flashdenali.htm

Sounds pretty mean to me.

Beem,
The Corsa exhaust for the ESV is offered in 2 sound levels:
SPORT: More aggressive, throaty sound at full throttle. As quiet as stock system on the highway. Dual 4" Pro Series tips

TOURING: Deeper, more refined sound than SPORT. As quiet as stock on highway. Dual 4" Pro Series tips.

Both are GM licensed and will not void any warranties. You can call or email us if you have any other questions. www.corsaperf.com; 800-486-0999

Regards,
Gautam.
Corsa Performance

joshuap
11-09-04, 08:25 PM
Gautam I have heard from several people that the sport is too loud when doing highway driving, especially around 70 mph. However, I notice you say it is no louder then stock when driving on the highway. Do you guys back this up? Aka if it is a lot louder, will you take it back? I was seriously considering the Crosa Sport, but I worried about getting headaches....

GRP
11-09-04, 09:02 PM
Gautam I have heard from several people that the sport is too loud when doing highway driving, especially around 70 mph. However, I notice you say it is no louder then stock when driving on the highway. Do you guys back this up? Aka if it is a lot louder, will you take it back? I was seriously considering the Crosa Sport, but I worried about getting headaches....

The Sport is definitely more aggressive than the Touring. Due to the Sport tuning, there is more exhaust noise in general that is audible at all times- no drone though. Drone is the low frequency, thrumming sound that most aftermarket systems have. Changing to headers and high flow cats (as some people here have) will make this even louder.

If you are concerned about the sound level at all, you can't go wrong with the Touring system. It has all the performance and appearance of the Sport but a much more refined, smooth sound. It sounds great on the 6.0L Cadillac trucks and SUV's. You won't be disappointed.
I hope this helped.
Regards,
Gautam.

sloppy
11-10-04, 12:26 AM
Well, if I don't like the borla I guess I'll sell it on ebay and get the corsa touring

T_Dogg8
11-10-04, 07:32 AM
Well, if I don't like the borla I guess I'll sell it on ebay and get the corsa touring
that's what i'd do. i want the corsa touring, just can't afford it now. maybe a corsa rep would want to help a young first time caddy owner out. if only they were around here :D j/k :D

Machine
11-10-04, 02:19 PM
Guatam,

Can an owner of the Sport System purchase just the Touring Muffler if they decide that the Sport is too loud for their taste? I'm hearing conflicting feedback that Corsa insists that the buyer needs to purchase another full system if they want to switch. I hope that's not the case.

GRP
11-11-04, 08:53 AM
Guatam,

Can an owner of the Sport System purchase just the Touring Muffler if they decide that the Sport is too loud for their taste? I'm hearing conflicting feedback that Corsa insists that the buyer needs to purchase another full system if they want to switch. I hope that's not the case.

Machine,
We have no issue with an existing customer wanting to PURCHASE a Touring or Sport muffler to replace the one they have for whatever reason.
In the past people have asked us to EXCHANGE their used muffler for a new one and we do not allow that. The used muffler is of no use to us and can not be re-sold.

We do insist that the customer prove they have a Corsa system before we sell the muffler to him/her since we don't sell our mufflers as Universal mufflers and there is the risk of someone buying the muffler for an application other than the one it was designed for. Our systems are tuned for each specific vehicle and this allows us to eliminate the drone/resonance that people experience with the common Universal mufflers available.

Please call Jim Browning Jr. in our Sales department for help with your purchase or if you want to change mufflers. He can be reached at 800-486-0999.
Thanks,
GP

Machine
11-11-04, 12:06 PM
Thank you for the feedback.

ALLeyez187onME
11-16-04, 01:32 AM
What i really dont get, is why people want a quite exhaust on a v8? Is it not meant to sound loud and mean. Just my opinion...by the way i have the magnaflow exhaust, with a cut out tip because i hate when my truck is too quite.

Machine
11-16-04, 04:18 PM
What i really dont get, is why people want a quite exhaust on a v8? Is it not meant to sound loud and mean. Just my opinion...by the way i have the magnaflow exhaust, with a cut out tip because i hate when my truck is too quite.

As always, it's a matter of opinion. I personally think that a $55K+ SUV shouldn't sound like a Silverado going down the highway w/ Flowmasters. My desire is for a free flowing exhaust without the bonus drone. Besides, what's more impressive in your book; a loud SUV that has minimal mods, or a more subdued one running a supercharger?

I would agree with you if we were talking about trucks, mustangs, etc., though

MKTAXMAN
11-16-04, 04:39 PM
I Just Came Back From Getting A Corsa Touring Exhaust Installed. It Looks, Sounds, And Performs Fantastic. I Would Recommend It To Anyone.

T_Dogg8
11-16-04, 07:43 PM
for a corvette, yes, be loud. for a luxury SUV that i take my gf to nice places and take clients to lunch in, i want luxury. and that means quiet power.

vng999
11-17-04, 03:19 PM
for a corvette, yes, be loud. for a luxury SUV that i take my gf to nice places and take clients to lunch in, i want luxury. and that means quiet power.

I'm with you on this.

T_Dogg8
11-19-04, 03:18 PM
thanks.

i think it would be annoying on long trips too. i go to mrytle beach a couple times a year to see my parents and that's about 8 hours in the truck. it was great going from a blazer to the escalade, and i don't think it would be near as nice if the exhaust was real loud.

ALLeyez187onME
11-25-04, 03:09 AM
Guys, I recently got sponsored by Gibson performance exhaust, I have to tell you, honestly one of the best exhausts I have owned. I have been through flow masters, magnaflow, bassani, borla and none of them are quite like the true dual exhaust. It sounds almost like a race truck from the outside, even at idle, but inside it sounds virtually as quite as stock, doesnt vibrate the truck at all. Its great because it sounds not too loud, but just enough so you can hear the power of the engine without making it feel like your chair is a massager also. I recommend this exhaust 100% if your looking for a dual exhaust that sounds good without taking away the lucturious part of the escalade.