: Has anyones bumper just popped off?

Spittin Game
11-04-04, 05:59 PM
:rant2: Has anyone else had there bumper just pop off the tab that holds it on on each side? I walked out into my garage last night and noticed my bumper looked a little low and spaced out. Sure enough it had just popped off the tab that keeps it on. I checked for marks to see if someone maybe bumped me in the parking lot, and nothing. I thought it was kinda weird that it just came off out of nowhere. I took it to the dealer and they just popped it right back on. So has this happened to anyone else? :hmm:

CAD-E!
11-04-04, 06:43 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21800&highlight=bumper
check out this thread.

Spittin Game
11-04-04, 08:21 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21800&highlight=bumper
check out this thread.

thats exactly what happened to mine, only the left side. Now that I think of it, I did just get a car wash too. :annoyed:

Philco
11-17-04, 02:32 AM
I had this problem with one side of my bumper and was able to pop it back in place. I took it to the dealer and complained and they told me that I was missing a screw on the clip that hooks the bumper in place.

T_Dogg8
11-19-04, 02:59 PM
my bumper doesn't 'pop' off, but it's really 'weak'. like it doesn't feel like it's real solid. more of what i would expect with a car, not a big truck.

Spittin Game
11-19-04, 05:56 PM
my bumper doesn't 'pop' off, but it's really 'weak'. like it doesn't feel like it's real solid. more of what i would expect with a car, not a big truck.

Dogg, you might want to check it. Mine is sturdy as hell, except when it popped off its hinge.

T_Dogg8
11-20-04, 01:17 PM
hmm. that's interesting. i'll have to check mine out. to bad it's so damn cold out and i don't like working in the cold. oh well.

Xrayqueen
11-20-04, 02:55 PM
Is this a 2002/2003 problem only ??? I dont' see any diference or loosening of bumper. Is it the front or rear bumper ??? Should I watch out for this problem with a 2000 ???? Just curious :suspense:
Peace :)

Spittin Game
11-20-04, 05:40 PM
Is this a 2002/2003 problem only ??? I dont' see any diference or loosening of bumper. Is it the front or rear bumper ??? Should I watch out for this problem with a 2000 ???? Just curious :suspense:
Peace :)

I dont know if 2000 has the same prob. It was my front bumper, and you can definitely see/tell the difference when its popped off. I couldnt even tell you if the 2000 has the same construction as the 2002+ though.