: Replacement Wiper Blades for a 2009 Cadillac Escalade?

alex85061
11-29-11, 01:41 PM
What are the best replacement wiper blades for our vehicles?

ELUSIVE
11-29-11, 02:40 PM
I use the Bosch Icon's and they work extremely well. I buy them from Amazon for about $35 shipped.

hcvone
11-29-11, 03:08 PM
I used Trico for years but now they don't last, got some PIAA Si-Tech blades on the trucks now, they work very nice, so far anyway

48Dodge
11-29-11, 04:22 PM
I swear I had posted earlier to this thread. Anyway, I've had the Bosch Icons on my ESV for about 3 months and they've been very good. Only noise is an occasional soft "pop" when changing directions at the top when they haven't been used for a while. Worked extremely well yesterday during a gulley washer and were completely silent. Still haven't had a hint of chatter even when sitting for a while. Tricos I had before lasted only a couple days before chattering really bad.

MrHolland
11-29-11, 04:59 PM
WOW, you all drive your Cadillacs in inclement weather??!!! :p

hcvone
11-29-11, 05:11 PM
WOW, you all drive your Cadillacs in inclement weather??!!! :p

I have this new stuff from PPG on the windshield, have not used the wipers, it's like RainX times a 100000, yea should be snow this time of the year but it was 70 degrees yesterday, not much snow happen at that temp. :(

murphy
11-29-11, 07:00 PM
I have yet to find a good wiper that follows the windshield contour well. Especially the far right. It usually falls away from the glass towards the bottom and sweeps with minimum pressure at 4-2 oclock leaving streaks..the last set I put on had a real nasty snap at the top changing directions..Maybe I'll try the Bosch Icons next time..

hcvone
11-29-11, 07:51 PM
The problem is most of the new beam design wiper blades have a problem following the curves, I did see one that was the new design but had (4) contact points, I just have to find it

Tec80
11-29-11, 08:21 PM
Costco has 'em. Goodyear Assurance blades, $8 apiece. I bought 2 sets!

K9Caddy
11-30-11, 04:52 AM
I have the Goodyear Assurance blades on mine as well. They seem to be the best blades I have used to date. No chatter or noise and its been almost 8 months!

48Dodge
11-30-11, 09:54 AM
I'll have to keep an eye out for the Goodyear blades. Has anyone seen them anywhere besides Costco?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

K9Caddy
11-30-11, 10:16 AM
I got them at my local shop, I've never seen them anywhere. However, you can order then off Amazon.

Daniel10Slade
11-30-11, 11:06 AM
I have yet to find a good wiper that follows the windshield contour well. Especially the far right. It usually falls away from the glass towards the bottom and sweeps with minimum pressure at 4-2 oclock leaving streaks..the last set I put on had a real nasty snap at the top changing directions..Maybe I'll try the Bosch Icons next time..

I have the exact same problem using Bosch Icons(24" on Driver and 22" on Passenger) and I tried Michelins but they performed somewhat worser.

Maybe the factory wipers were the best ?

jason1214
11-30-11, 04:03 PM
try the Bosch Icons next time

Big Windy Ext
12-01-11, 06:41 AM
I didn't have much luck w/Bosch. I'm using RainX wipers,they don't seem like they are made w/rubber but some kind of plastic.Only 6 months on them so far so good.

ELUSIVE
12-01-11, 10:12 AM
Drove through an all out blizzard this morning here in the Denver area with my Escalade and Bosch Icons.
The work perfectly. I could not ask for anything more in a wiper. Just my opinion.

ZR1-638HP
02-03-12, 09:23 AM
Can you tell me what the PPG Product is that is much better than RainX. Thanks.

murphy
02-03-12, 09:40 AM
Drove through an all out blizzard this morning here in the Denver area with my Escalade and Bosch Icons.
The work perfectly. I could not ask for anything more in a wiper. Just my opinion.

With all the good reviews they were given here on the forum I grabbed a set also and concur.....so far they are the best I've had out of 4 different sets :yup:

Caddie Shak
02-03-12, 02:26 PM
There's another thread where guys are saying Trico NeoForm wipers work well:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/221593-wiper-blades-gm-new-special-wiper.html