: Has anyone had any locating parts from salvage yards?

stater02
11-28-11, 11:44 PM
I have a fairly new (2010) black/black. I'm working on a few interior projects that require me to locate some additional parts. While I know I can most likely order these through GM, I've been thinking about a cheaper alternative, such as local salvage yards.

I can't say I frequent salvage yards, but I cannot imagine that they are going to have a few escalades sitting around. Can anyone offer any advice, or perhaps any online options or national suppliers, such as LKQ?

Sorry for the noob question....I'm definitely out of my element on this one. Haven't modded a car in a long time. :helpless:

MrHolland
11-29-11, 12:20 AM
Good luck. I imagine most 2010 Escalades that are wrecked or even totaled will be sold at auction. Finding one in a bone yard probably wont be easy.

K9Caddy
11-29-11, 12:26 AM
Finding a totalled 2010 is very unlikely. the blue book value is just way too high for most insurance companies to junk, they will fix them. I know someone who had over 30k in damage, to include a bent frame and the insurance fixed it. It's whatever is cheaper for the insurance company. Might have some luck finding an old 2007, good luck...

hcvone
11-29-11, 07:37 AM
They are out there but few and far between, I was looking for a 2011 or 2012 exhaust so I could cut the sections out I need, also looking for 3rd brake lights, found (4) 2010 Escalade's in different levels of smatched which didn't help me, and they wanted more for the 3rd brake lights than I can get them for on e-bay, I also check with my local Caddy dealers and they tell me when they get a totaled one so I can pick thru before it goes to the junk yard

stater02
11-29-11, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the responses. I figured it would be few and far between. I'm going to call around to the local yards today to see what I can find. I will also talk to my dealership to see if they get a totaled one. Thanks for the feedback!

prosseda
12-01-11, 04:39 PM
Instead of looking for yards, look for similar parts on eBay and you will find that yards are selling the parts. Then you can ask for what else they have. I hooked up with 2 yards this way and got the stuff I wanted for dirt.

hcvone
12-01-11, 04:49 PM
What are you looking for in terms of parts? I have several Escalade things, like a small warehouse of Escalade parts, well not really it just seems that way, but if we know what you're looking for it would make it easier

grisik
12-01-11, 10:00 PM
Try car-part.com

stater02
12-02-11, 12:21 PM
Hey HCVONE,

I was looking for a set of 18 inch rims so that I can put some winter shoes on the truck. I found a set on ebay, used and not in perfect condition but that's ok. Got em for a steal at $175, but shipping added another $125.

I was also looking for some interior parts in the black/ebony color. Specifically, I have to replace the plastic piece to the rear of the captains chairs. you see this near the floor when you raise the seat. Mine is broken and while it's not hurting anything, I would like to replace it if possible.

More importantly, I'm getting ready to do a sub install in the third row seat area. My plan is to integrate the subs into the wheel wells. There's definitely enough room for this on the drivers side where the jack storage is. The other side has a large square box. (Does anyone have any idea what this is used for?) Anyway, the plan was to find the rear side moldings so that I can cut my speaker holes into those while putting my stock ones in storage. This way, I can get the truck back to stock whenever I want to trade it in.