: XM Rescan?

wopolino
11-27-11, 07:05 PM
Bought a 2005 STS with Nav. XM is working, but we're missing a bunch of channels....and random channels, so it wouldn't appear to be XM package related. Don't want to call XM until the subscription runs out since I'm getting it at no cost currently. Does anyone know if there is a way to "rescan" the channels to pick up the missing ones?

nathanjax
11-27-11, 07:13 PM
No, the only way to do it is to have the resend the signal

ddalder
11-27-11, 10:07 PM
Try this link:

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

Also, if you have not had XM before, you may not be aware that not every channel is used so depending on what you're missing it may be normal.

MacMuse
11-27-11, 11:31 PM
Are you comparing what comes through the receiver against a current list of channels? The channels were significantly reorganized last? year. If you're looking at a channel chart that came with the car then it is out of date.

caddyfat2
11-28-11, 12:01 PM
Bought a 2005 STS with Nav. XM is working, but we're missing a bunch of channels....and random channels, so it wouldn't appear to be XM package related. Don't want to call XM until the subscription runs out since I'm getting it at no cost currently. Does anyone know if there is a way to "rescan" the channels to pick up the missing ones?

If you're getting it for free then leave well enough alone!!!

mckellyb
11-28-11, 12:12 PM
If you're getting it for free then leave well enough alone!!!

+ infinity

I'll not 'touch' mine, ever.

Subsailor613
11-28-11, 04:02 PM
Use the link ddalder above has,You MUST know the Radio ID #, Call the refresh number 1-855-697-3373
You CAN resend the refresh signal yourself, BUT the receiver must be on the Ch, 1 (Preview) channel.
You do that with your phone, and it can take 1 to 20 minutes.
ALso there are a couple of packages, Everything, and mostly music, this doesn't mean you will get ALL the music
channels, Like no Sinatra, with this package, I pay about 12.00 a month for mostly music, as I have absolutely
no DESIRE to get that As____E, Howard Stern, or Any Talk radio !They don't want you to know about the packages.
Good Luck and Have Fun...:cool2::cool2::cool2:

wopolino
11-28-11, 10:45 PM
Thanks. Tried the rescan link and it told me invalid ID. We have Sirrius on our Ford and have all the channels. I know about the channel line up changes and have looked on line at the XM line up to compare. The funny thing is that what I get doesn't line up with any current package and there are just random channels missing. HOWEVER, i'm much more likely to keep the FREE option by not calling or drawing attention until it goes away. Thx for the help.

carter's_sts
11-29-11, 12:34 AM
You will lose it. They were running a promotion over Thanksgiving weekend. I don't have a subscription for the car, but was getting it for the long weekend. They do that from time to time and they only give you some of the channels.