: 07 Escalade Brakes

bigtone1013
11-27-11, 12:39 PM
I have a 2007 escalade and I love it however the brakes have seized up twice first the right then the left the dealership replaced the rotors and calipers and brakes. I bought the car used and I was thinking that maybe a complete inspection wasn't done before it was sold to me, but sometimes I feel that the brakes engage still I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem if so how can it be fixed.

JimmyH
11-27-11, 12:48 PM
copying thread to escalade so you can get answers there

MrHolland
11-27-11, 05:31 PM
Could be brake hoses, although I would think the dealer would catch that.

bigtone1013
11-27-11, 08:12 PM
Could be brake hoses, although I would think the dealer would catch that.

I am far from a mechanic but why would the brake hoses cause the brakes to engage.

quattrotman
11-27-11, 08:24 PM
If they are 'seizing' then my guess would be the calipers need rebuilding/replacing. If rusty, the piston can seize and cause brakes to lock up. Doing the rotors and pads will do nothing to alleviate this.

MrHolland
11-27-11, 08:30 PM
Absolutely, hoses fail from the inside. As they deteriorate and come apart from the inside they can swell or become plugged up. The flow will be allowed to move from the master cylinder to the caliper but not the other direction which can keep the brakes engaged. The excessive heat generated from this condition can cause the caliper to fail. In most cases you cant look at a hose and see an internal failure. Just a thought not necessarily a diagnosis. Good luck.

bigtone1013
11-27-11, 10:03 PM
If they are 'seizing' then my guess would be the calipers need rebuilding/replacing. If rusty, the piston can seize and cause brakes to lock up. Doing the rotors and pads will do nothing to alleviate this.

The calipers were replaced but it seems and I could be just paranoid to still be engaging at times.

hcvone
11-28-11, 07:10 AM
Even brake fluid need replacing, that may have caused the issues that caused the rotors to "bind", just the unknown of used cars/trucks, you have to assume the owner before you did nothing. :)