: window problem 2007 sts

colonel1228
11-26-11, 09:56 PM
my passenger front window no longer goes down all the way. no strange noises, not slow in either direction just acts like it is all the way down. any ideas? thanks in advance

carter's_sts
11-26-11, 10:53 PM
See if you can push it down. My 2006 had a problem where the bracket that holds the glass at the bottom, and is attached to the power window mechanism, came loose. It was a really easy fix for the dealer under warranty.

nathanjax
11-26-11, 11:01 PM
you just need to "relearn" your windows

I'm trying to search for the how to, but I think it's:

run them all the way down by holding the window switch down. When you reach the bottom, listen for a very faint "click", then release the switch. Do the same to set the upper limits.

EChas3
11-26-11, 11:05 PM
The procedure is in your owners manual.

carter's_sts
11-27-11, 11:42 AM
Does it not roll all the way down when you hold the button down? I took it as a mechanical issue.

colonel1228
11-27-11, 02:47 PM
I cant push it down and it does not go down even if i hold the button or use the express down. it stops at the same spot everytime.

Greg00coupe
11-27-11, 03:13 PM
thus it is a mechanical problem something loose or out of wack in the window track most likely. Door panels come off easily. Should not be a big deal.

Frikiton
11-30-11, 11:28 AM
I have something similar maybe someoen can help me. When I press the button to go up it goes up but when it touches the top it goes back down half way. In order for me to completely close I have it to press little by little until its completely closed. But when I am doing remote start the window opens guess because I have to hold the doors lock button for a few second.

carter's_sts
11-30-11, 11:56 PM
Not sure about the window not staying up problem, but you don't have to hold the lock button for remote start. You can briefly press the lock button and then hold in the remote start button.