: Auto door lock question

chinorider
11-25-11, 12:56 AM
We just purchased a 2011 STS and my wife doesn't like the fact that when you leave the car and take the keyless remote away, the doors automatically lock. Is there a way to stop this auto lock function ?

Thanks in advance

ddalder
11-25-11, 11:03 AM
Read the section on page 3-72 of your 2011 Owner's Manual. This will explain the "Keyless Lock Delay" function. If you have navigation, these changes are made through the driver settings menu.

If you do not have a manual, look here:

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

chinorider
11-26-11, 12:20 PM
Thanks for info. I will try that option but it looks like it doesn't completely block the auto-lock function. Also, thanks for the on-line manual URL. We have all the manuals but I like having a 'soft-copy'

Read the section on page 3-72 of your 2011 Owner's Manual. This will explain the "Keyless Lock Delay" function. If you have navigation, these changes are made through the driver settings menu.

If you do not have a manual, look here:

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

ddgm
11-26-11, 03:52 PM
We just purchased a 2011 STS and my wife doesn't like the fact that when you leave the car and take the keyless remote away, the doors automatically lock. Is there a way to stop this auto lock function ?

Thanks in advance

I'm curious as to why she doesn't like it, it's not like she has to press the FOB or use the key to get in. As long as she has her FOB with her, just pull on either front door handle.

Doug

malatu
11-26-11, 04:24 PM
Good point.... and it's not like she won't have the fob on her person to get back in, assuming the auto unlock is functioning correctly. I'd be interested knowing exactly why she doesn't like it. I love not having to push any buttons to get in or to lock it.

chinorider
11-26-11, 09:26 PM
Good point.... and it's not like she won't have the fob on her person to get back in, assuming the auto unlock is functioning correctly. I'd be interested knowing exactly why she doesn't like it. I love not having to push any buttons to get in or to lock it.

Today is the first drive for her so time will tell I think. She is very used to the way her 1999 SLS works and she is kinda resistant to the new technology but I am hoping she will adapt. I went thru some of the keyless operation with her and I think it will be OK.

Thanks for the replies.

malatu
11-26-11, 09:55 PM
Today is the first drive for her so time will tell I think. She is very used to the way her 1999 SLS works and she is kinda resistant to the new technology but I am hoping she will adapt. I went thru some of the keyless operation with her and I think it will be OK.

Thanks for the replies.

Today is her first drive ...??? ... that's pretty funny!

carter's_sts
11-27-11, 12:40 PM
I love the auto lock feature and the unlock all doors when you pull the handle. Never have to take the FOB out of my pocket unless I want to remote start it.

chinorider
11-27-11, 01:11 PM
Today is her first drive ...??? ... that's pretty funny!

We have only had it since Thanksgiving day :) and she wanted to hold off until she could go out by herself. If I was with her she would have been very nervous.