: 2011 srx tpms part # ?

EDMAN
11-24-11, 11:38 AM
Do anyone knows what is the part number of TPMS 2011 SRX? I bought a set of snow tires with 18 alloy wheels for $1700 candian$ taxes included(falken eurowin) and i need a new set of TPMS and planning to buy on line. The tire store is charging me for $135 each and already discounted from $175. Anybody's help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MnMs
11-25-11, 09:06 PM
I purchased a set of (4) from Tire Rack for $200.00 installed. If you call them, ask about a TPMS re-learning tool.

bwclemons
11-27-11, 09:10 AM
I have Tire Rack TPMS systems in my snow tires and had them installed when I purchased wheels and tires. They work great and you can program them in about two minutes yourself. Just follow the procedure in your owners manual. PS: you should have had the TPMS installed when you purchaced your wheels and tires. now you will have to remount the tires again. TPMS systems are all the same technology so any system you buy will work you don't need a part number.

EDMAN
11-28-11, 08:02 PM
Thanks to everyone. I finally found the right 'tpms sensor' for my 2011 srx and bought on line. The part # number is 20922900 gm acdelco. They installed these sending sensor inside the new snow tires and wheels and DIC is able to recognize these sensors and giving me the right reading regarding the tire pressure. You have to re-program/re-learn these sensors inside the car and don't need special tools. Thanks...Edman.

SoCalSRX
11-28-11, 08:17 PM
You have to re-program/re-learn these sensors inside the car and don't need special tools. Thanks...Edman.

Did you do the "relearn/reprogram" yourself? If so, what is the procedure?

Thanks, Edman!

EDMAN
11-29-11, 12:27 PM
Did you do the "relearn/reprogram" yourself? If so, what is the procedure?

Thanks, Edman!

Yes i did it my self. Pls refer to page 10-66 to 67 of the manual. I just followed it. Its so simple. Note: My SRX was built in Dec 2010 for 2011 model. By reading some tread they change the equipment/process for later SRX of the same year and you might need a special too. I'm not really sure about this information. Now to be sure, which i did, went to the dealer and gave my VIN number to give me the right tpms sensor part # for my model yr 2011 and it shows this part number and bought it on line. Its works fine. Hoping this will help you.

Boomer01
11-29-11, 02:19 PM
Do you have to use TPMS on aftermarket wheels? I'm sure it will throw an error message, but other cars that I have had have a fuse or module that you can unplug. Has anyone looked into this?

EDMAN
11-29-11, 06:20 PM
Do you have to use TPMS on aftermarket wheels? I'm sure it will throw an error message, but other cars that I have had have a fuse or module that you can unplug. Has anyone looked into this?

Yes its after market wheels ' FASTALLOY WHEELS - FROST - 18 with snow tires by Falken-Eurowinter 235/65/18' then the tire installer installed this tpms sensor(valve + sensor) inside the rim and srx 2011 DIC recognize the sensor. Its all after market except the tpms sensor by acdelco.

Boomer01
12-01-11, 12:34 PM
If you do not install the TPMS sensors, does it give you an error message on the dash? I'm just trying to figure out if you need them. Obviously you wouldn't get low air warnings or tire pressure, but I've lived long enough without it and done just fine.

EDMAN
12-03-11, 01:39 PM
If you do not install the TPMS sensors, does it give you an error message on the dash? I'm just trying to figure out if you need them. Obviously you wouldn't get low air warnings or tire pressure, but I've lived long enough without it and done just fine.

Yes every time you start the warning will comes out and if you press the kilo/mileage in the dash board the message will go away but the 'tire warning light- yellow' is lighted in the dash board (like an engine light check). I guess you can get by and until winter pass by and install back the original summer tires. But if this annoy's you then you have to install the sensor in the rim. Also if you bring the car in the dealership for free oil maintenance (48 mths) for sure they will bug you to have it check and do something and i'm sure you will be annoyed with that (the service man are pressured to sell). In my dealership they will offer you free breakfast - egg,ham and coffee if you bring it to them in the morning. Good selling bonus ha?