: Coastaltech GMX550

K9Caddy
11-23-11, 11:41 AM
Does anyone here have this new updated version installed? This company is known for their "buggy" devices and horrible CS, just curious if anyone has encountered any issues or know if the iPod function works well? Thanks guys!!

ELUSIVE
11-23-11, 12:48 PM
I have this installed in my 2010. It's ok.
I'm currently having two issues with it:
1) When I activate the DVD to play on the main screen and then turn it off..it keeps playing. The only way I have found to stop the DVD from playing on the main screen is to switch the audio source.
2) After using features of the lockpick, I frequently get large amounts of static when trying to use onstar.

Coastaletch support has been helpful. I talked with a technician just the other day. They gave me no solution for #1 above as they said "Cadillac's are difficult to control". For #2, they want me to take it all apart and reconnect as they think there is a pin that is not contacting properly.

With regards to the ipod functionality, I find the User interface very poor. I bought it because it figured it would be easier to use than the 2010 USB port. It isn't.
I see you have a 2009, so you don't have the USB port so you'd at least get access to the ipod, but it's really not that great. Just my opinion. There are some videos and pictures out there of it. You may want to take a look and see what you think.

Stacey

K9Caddy
11-23-11, 12:54 PM
Thanks Stacey!! I have the GEN 6 lockpic, just not this model with the iPod cable. I currently use the USA Spec PA-20GM for iPod duties, but the user interface is poor as well. I was hoping this design was better, so I could replace it. I guess I will just hold off from spending another $300 on a their crap. Thanks again!!

Mike