: How I cleaned and restored brightness to EL vinyl top...

lee123456
11-23-11, 09:42 AM
purchased blk el w/blk top from s. fla but top was badly faded from the constant fla sun....apparently not always garaged....
1. sprayed windex on microfiber cloth and rubbed on vinyl on a small section, always allowing different side of micro cloth to clean and rub until clear.....do all over....let dry.

2. used BOILED LINSEED OIL, purchased from Lowes, (put 1 cup of linseed oil w/1/2 tablespoon of corn starch in a glass container w/screw-on top)....shake real well til thourghly mixed.

3. with microfiber cloth, apply very small amt on cloth and apply a small section at a time....BEING CAREFULLY NOT TO GET ON PAINT.........if you do get on paint, wipe off immediately....don't allow to stay on very long.

4. let dry.....it may take a couple of days to completely dry depending on humidity..

I am very happy with the results....nice and bright.....yes, you may have to do this again in 3-6 months but I'll have to see.

I watched a fella that repaired upholstery, rips, etc. do this and it worked great and so I tryed.