: Diablo Predator Programer Speed Limiter Remove and CAI

GNENSEC
11-22-11, 10:38 PM
I downloaded the standard diablo pwer program. It reads that the speed limiter would be removed but, it has not been removed.

Just wondering if anyone knows what might be the problem?

Also, I am running the Volant CAI, does the programmer need a custom tune for best performance or does the program compensate automatically?

THANKS AGAIN!

hcvone
11-23-11, 08:12 AM
As someone who helped with their 2007, 2010 and 2012 Escalade programming I can tell you it's removed in my truck, and has been with all of the Preditor programs I have run, I test everyone. ;) The performance tune is a good middle of the road performance upgrade, it usually works well with an aftermarket intake and a catback exhaust, but will give good gains by itself, of course Preditor will make you custom programs to match your mods as well, of course the best thing is a dyno tune for your car, but that is more for a performance engine than most Escalade owners need or want. Your computer has some room for adding performace for the way you drive, usually will take a few hundred miles to notice all the gains, if your speed limit is not removed I would contact Preditor, it should be. :)

skierjp
11-23-11, 08:41 AM
I remember when I put the Predator in my Ford Diesel. It took a couple tries to get the speed limiter removed. It was user error.

Will the Predator void my warrenty in my 2011 ESV? My diesel truck had awesome gains from the Predator ( turbo engine ). When it was on the hundred HP setting I could notice it on start up and just moving through the parking lot. It also raised the fuel milage from 13.5 to 18, no BS. The throttle was so responsive it was unreal. The bad thing was it nearly ruined the engine. 5K worth of engine repair ( warrenty ) whew.
I've been in some cars with programmers that you couldn't tell you had it installed.
BTW I have that Programmer for sale for a 2006 F-250 Diesel. ( cheap )

hcvone
11-23-11, 10:39 AM
I remember when I put the Predator in my Ford Diesel. It took a couple tries to get the speed limiter removed. It was user error.

Will the Predator void my warrenty in my 2011 ESV? My diesel truck had awesome gains from the Predator ( turbo engine ). When it was on the hundred HP setting I could notice it on start up and just moving through the parking lot. It also raised the fuel milage from 13.5 to 18, no BS. The throttle was so responsive it was unreal. The bad thing was it nearly ruined the engine. 5K worth of engine repair ( warrenty ) whew.
I've been in some cars with programmers that you couldn't tell you had it installed.
BTW I have that Programmer for sale for a 2006 F-250 Diesel. ( cheap )

Yes it can void your warranty, any computer reprogramming can void your warranty, and believe it or not things like non GM wheels (all aftermarket) can void your warranty too if they want to be pricks per the letter of the law. Yes turbo engines and diesel engines get great gains from tuning, you will not see that from a gas engine like a turbo diesel, but the gais are well worth it, the nice thing with the Preditor is you can take the tune out and put the stock tune back in, it only takes a few minutes, BUT it still can be picked up by someone who is trained and with the right equipment, the dealer would NOT be able to find that a tune was in there, but if the computer is sent to a trained tech with the right software it can be found, this would only happen if your engine was destoryed for some reason

murphy
11-23-11, 10:58 AM
Any tune WILL and DOES void your warranty. And should you have a major failure..according to my service manager, GM makes them take a physical photograph of the readout of the tune parameters/entries and send it to them. ALL ecm entries register and they DO know when a mod was done. They likely then put a warranty block on the vehicle. Now although they void your warranty this does not necessarily mean they will not perform a repair of some degree..
In most diesel applications the tunes are so effective that usually the drive train is where the failure occurs.
I run a tune in my Z06 and there is usually 10%-20% hp headroom left untapped in most vehicles for drive train protection.

hcvone
11-23-11, 11:23 AM
Any tune WILL and DOES void your warranty. And should you have a major failure..according to my service manager, GM makes them take a physical photograph of the readout of the tune parameters/entries and send it to them. ALL ecm entries register and they DO know when a mod was done. They likely then put a warranty block on the vehicle. Now although they void your warranty this does not necessarily mean they will not perform a repair of some degree..
In most diesel applications the tunes are so effective that usually the drive train is where the failure occurs.
I run a tune in my Z06 and there is usually 10%-20% hp headroom left untapped in most vehicles for drive train protection.

Of course you could buy another computer and have a stock one and a modded one, and switch if there was ever an issue, and while the Escalade is an easy change of less than a minute, the Vette's computer requires more work to get to, NOT THAT I HAVE EVER THOUGHT OF THIS OR DONE THIS. ;)

MrHolland
11-23-11, 02:41 PM
Is that for real?? You can swap ECU/ECM/PCM from one to another and the car will be ok with and the dealer wont know? Theres not any type of timestamps from when the computer was initially installed or from when it lost or regained power?? What about the mileage, isn't that stored there?

murphy
11-23-11, 03:07 PM
Yes this is possible...undetectable and likely deceitful (depending on the intent)

MrHolland
11-23-11, 03:25 PM
I totally agree that it could be used in a deceitful manner. Im actually surprised this is possible with the amount of technology that goes into cars these days.

hcvone
11-23-11, 05:39 PM
Is that for real?? You can swap ECU/ECM/PCM from one to another and the car will be ok with and the dealer wont know? Theres not any type of timestamps from when the computer was initially installed or from when it lost or regained power?? What about the mileage, isn't that stored there?

I guess there are a few ways to look at it, you put 26's on your truck and drive it for a year and kill the brakes and front end part, you put the stock wheels and tires back on and take it to the dealer for warranty repair, is that deceitful? Well yes.

You put a Preditor tune in your truck and the engine blows, so you put the stock tune back in, EVEN THOUGH THE AFTERMARKET TUNE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ENGINE FAILURE, they fix your engine under warranty, is that deceitful? Well yes

You put a lockpick in your truck, it blows the radio, you remove it and take it to the dealer for warranty repair, is that deceitful? Well yes

I don't think it wrong to switch computers, it's NO different that reprogramming with a handheld programmer, as for intent, that is to get the most hp possible out of what I paid for, and to protect my investment in case of repair. :)

MrHolland
11-23-11, 06:27 PM
The points you make are valid. I would like to maximize my fuel mileage and try to stay in 4 cylinder mode on the highway when I dont need all 403 horses. I'm not trying to split my car in half with HP, but I dont want to void my warranty by trying to make my machine operate more efficiently. I suppose a byproduct to better fuel economy could be an increase in HP, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.:D

hcvone
11-23-11, 07:35 PM
The points you make are valid. I would like to maximize my fuel mileage and try to stay in 4 cylinder mode on the highway when I dont need all 403 horses. I'm not trying to split my car in half with HP, but I dont want to void my warranty by trying to make my machine operate more efficiently. I suppose a byproduct to better fuel economy could be an increase in HP, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.:D

I was just trying to give another opinion or another way to look at it

MrHolland
11-23-11, 10:16 PM
How did you make your 4 cylinder stay active longer? Mines certainly doesn't seem to stay engaged. If I think about accelerating it shuts off. I was hoping once I got some miles it would "loosen up" and stay active longer.

hcvone
11-24-11, 08:14 AM
How did you make your 4 cylinder stay active longer? Mines certainly doesn't seem to stay engaged. If I think about accelerating it shuts off. I was hoping once I got some miles it would "loosen up" and stay active longer.

Computer reprogramming will hold the 4 cylinder mode in my trucks to say 82 mph, it kicks out at 68 mph stock, and you have to really have a light foot to keep it from going back to V8 mode, I keep the instant mpg screen up to see what mode it's in, you can not keep the 4 cylinder mode up large hills but in general the longer you can spend in 4 cylinder mode on the highway the better gas mileage you will get