: Wheels and tires

DxxB
11-22-11, 04:55 PM
Hi, I'm considering a wheel upgrade to my 2012 CTS-V Coupe.

below is my dream wheel :D

Its available in both 20" x 8.5 Front, 20" x 10 Rear wheels and 22" x 9.0 Front, 22" x 10 Rear wheels.

Which one would fit better without modifications? and what tier size should work best for it? any Idea?

If non of the above will fit without modifications to the car, What is the range size of wheels and tiers that could fit the 2012 CTS-V Coupe without modifications?

squackatu
11-28-11, 03:01 PM
Dxxb,

I'm fairly new to this forum and i don't know a whole lot about the wheels and tires on the CTS-V but the last set of wheels i got for my previous car the offsets were super important. You can also use the tire size calculator and play around with the profile and see how far it deviates from the stock tire size, if it turns red you're outside the recommended tire spec and you start to have issues with your speedometer being off and sometimes traction control starts to act up.
tire calculator link - http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

the offsets that i mentioned earlier are how far the wheels are sunk in, or stick out from the wheel well, this is why some people have to run wheel spacers if they buy the wrong offsets for their wheels. this becomes a problem when you run huge tires and wheels that stick out too far from the wheel wells and you haven't rolled your fenders, you could have some rubbing... sorry for the long reply... hope this helps.

DxxB
11-28-11, 05:54 PM
The best reply out of all my post. I Thank you from all my hear. Really, Thank you very much a trillion times. I appreciate it. thanks squackatu. :D

CoppeR
12-01-11, 12:54 PM
Going from 20" to 22" will only give u less tire sidewall (prone to pothole damage). Like mentioned above proper offset is more important.
I believe the stock offset for coupes are 51mm front and 40mm rear. That being said you have some options. A 20x9 35mm offset, 20x10.5 27mm offset wheel will fit without rubbing.
Tire size/brand will matter too. From trying to fit wider tires on my 06 GTO, BFG and Michelin tires run wider than Nitto and Toyo.

LV_V
12-06-11, 08:11 PM
You have to be careful on the V2 with the higher offsets. Some (read: most) generic wheels, such as those in the OP, will hit the brake calipers. I would be careful when ordering online and what ever you do make sure that you have a return policy in writing that covers you in the case that they don't fit.

And if I were you, I would try the fit of the wheels on the car before even having the tires mounted...

Good luck and keep us posted (and don't bother coming back without pics) ;)