: '94 Fleetwood help!

carguy16
11-03-04, 09:25 PM
What fuel does the '94 take? Im reading different things here.

I called the gentleman today again on the '94, and he told me that he uses REGULAR fuel in the car, and premium fuel is not necesary unless it knocks or pings, because we "Dont live in a mountain state."

I'm going to take a look at it either Saturday or Sunday.

I talked to a fellow in a '96 Buick Roadmaster, he was a senior citizen, and he said he had no problems with the car, complimented on the high miles of longevity from the cars, and said he loves the car. It was the wagon version.

I did ask about the water pump, and he had no information, but would be able to ask someone about it.

Adam
11-03-04, 10:28 PM
my friend uses regular in his 94 Fleetwood. i know i pumped it for him when we went to Charlotte. he was to drunk to stand up.

HotRodSaint
11-04-04, 08:45 PM
I've used nothing but regular. That's what the manual says to do.

carguy16
11-04-04, 08:52 PM
Apparently the 94 takes premium, but after reading different sources online, and hearing this guy explaining he puts regular in, I didnt know what to believe.

Revoh
11-05-04, 10:36 AM
Use regular unless you want to spend more on gas. :bouncy:

RBraczyk
11-05-04, 11:09 AM
GM 350's run regular octane, cept for the Vette and camaro.

theGman
11-05-04, 04:32 PM
95 calls for regular.

carguy16
11-05-04, 05:01 PM
Yeh, but im talking about a '94 here, given the 95 and 96 take regular, but there are Conflicting reports that the '94 takes premium, but you can use regular fuel in it, this is what is confusing.

scurling
11-05-04, 05:55 PM
Carguy, I've got two '94s and they run REGULAR. I can copy the original owners manual if you want to see it straight from the GMs mouth.

I will say my '94 with the tow package, when towing and starting off on hills, I hear a little pinging, so ONLY when I am towing a trailer, do I use Premium, and then I only use about half/half mix with regular.

Let me know if you want the pages from the owners manual. If you are reading anything other than regular gas for the factory stock '94 Fleetwood, 350 LT1, it's incorrect.

Good question when you see conflicting info.