: Cadillac wouldn't do it................, so we had to...............................

hcvone
11-22-11, 03:57 PM
Full 3rd brake light, have them on 5 test trucks as of today. Inside the lights the boards and electronics are made by the largest US maunfacturer of led products, they had to be bulletproof if I was going to use them, in the full production run happening now we can even add blink-blink option and well as an unlimited amount of programming options, all enclosed in the stock light housing. I got stopped on the way home from the shop by two Escalade's asking about the light, that was in a 5 mile trip. :)

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/hcvone/DSC_0080.jpg

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/hcvone/DSC_0078.jpg

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/hcvone/DSC_0076.jpg

ELUSIVE
11-22-11, 04:18 PM
Package them up and sell them to us....
Please?

krieghoff
11-22-11, 04:27 PM
Oh you need to tell me where I can get that!!!!

Lord Cadillac
11-22-11, 04:34 PM
Looks great! I bet a lot of people would like this...

Nixin
11-22-11, 05:10 PM
OK hcvone, stop teasing us! Give us the details of how much it costs and how soon we can get 'em!!!!

hcvone
11-22-11, 05:44 PM
I will for sure, I just want to make sure there is nothing I overlooked, we benched tested these units for 25 days of braking every 5 seconds non stop over that period, now it's the road tests, I thought the guys were going to hit me when I said I wanted to put them thru a drop test, I then dropped them on the floor, well threw them on the floor, it had carpet on it, nothing moved. My biggest problem is getting lights, I have purchased every one from E-Bay and junk yard that are out there, we laser cut the lamps apart and use nothing except the factory electric plug from the interior of the lamp, it's all new inside, we then put them back together using the lamps own hardware to make a watertight clamp seal that is better than how they come from the factory, and of course special silicone. I plan to offer two options, (1) lamp outright purchase, (2) Lamp outright purchase with core deposit, owners who do not want to keep their stock lamps can send them to me and we will issue a credit or a refund after we receive your stock lamp, and it doesn't even have to work, as long as the lens is a great shape. The main reason for no price at this time is with the manufacturer of the interior led boards, and how we are doing them should allow us to put the lights together in 1/3rd the time of before, that means cheaper prices, and I will take care of my forum friends first. It takes about 10-20 minutes to do the change, it's easier with 2 people because of having to unplug the lamp, and if you have someone holding the lamp while you unplug it makes the whole thing safer, having said that I have changed mine myself a few times. :) I don't want to violate the forum rules I have been here a long time and was a vendor here for many years and know the rules. :)

MrHolland
11-22-11, 05:51 PM
I want one!!!!! (says my wife)

krieghoff
11-22-11, 05:54 PM
Not a problem!! Send me one and I will be glad to test it for you! LOL

Just the kind of guy I am!

MrHolland
11-22-11, 06:22 PM
Mr/Mrs Cadillac Reps, please take note as to how we the consumer(Mr. Hcvone) have improved an already great product. Also notice the interest this thread has and will generate. OH WAIT A MINUTE,,,do you hear that??? Thats the sound of Mr. Hcvone laughing all the way to the bank!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

All joking aside. You (Cadillac) had an opportunity to prevent this from happening but opted to cut cost and sell us a lesser product. I hope you see this thread, and not view it as a missed opportunity, but rather and an opportunity to improve future products by listening to the consumer.

hcvone
11-22-11, 06:38 PM
Mr/Mrs Cadillac Reps, please take note as to how we the consumer(Mr. Hcvone) have improved an already great product. Also notice the interest this thread has and will generate. OH WAIT A MINUTE,,,do you hear that??? Thats the sound of Mr. Hcvone laughing all the way to the bank!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

All joking aside. You (Cadillac) had an opportunity to prevent this from happening but opted to cut cost and sell us a lesser product. I hope you see this thread, and not view it as a missed opportunity, but rather and an opportunity to improve future products by listening to the consumer.

ROTFLMAO, now this is funny, like the weather here, 15 degrees last night, 52 degrees today, and 10"-16" of snow tomorrow, and 55 by Sunday. One more spec the new light draws NO MORE POWER than the stock light thanks to the latest led's, that was the goal, the pics don't really show the true brightness, you will be seen when you hit the pedal on the left.

ELUSIVE
11-22-11, 06:47 PM
Please put me on the list. :)
Well done!!! I think this is awesome and you're doing all the right things.

caddiblack
11-22-11, 07:20 PM
Now that looks finished,that brake light not lighting all the way across bothered me more than anything else on these otherwise great rides.I was wondering how long till someone actually "finished" the light,Good Job!

nixonride
11-22-11, 08:00 PM
I want one....I want one...keep us posted on cost!

Nixin
11-22-11, 09:30 PM
Yeah all kidding aside, I think you need to send at least one of those units to Canada for some testing in the metric Great White North. I will be happy to put it through some rigorous testing; stop and go traffic on hwy 401, all four seasonal changes in a 24 hour period, multi-ethnic scrutiny...yes you better send one up ASAP. I can't wait!

Eldo1953
11-22-11, 09:58 PM
HCV you are the man!!

ESCALADE132
11-22-11, 10:37 PM
I want one now also! It looks great !,,

71Dragtruck
11-22-11, 10:45 PM
Yeah all kidding aside, I think you need to send at least one of those units to Canada for some testing in the metric Great White North. I will be happy to put it through some rigorous testing; stop and go traffic on hwy 401, all four seasonal changes in a 24 hour period, multi-ethnic scrutiny...yes you better send one up ASAP. I can't wait!

Good idea, I'll be waiting for it to arrive :)

2007caddy
11-22-11, 11:34 PM
I tried to do this earlier this year, bought the third brake light but my auto-detail guy broke the unit trying to separate it, so I gave up....looks great....this MOD is a must

2007caddy
11-22-11, 11:42 PM
I believe CarID has a complete product on their website

hcvone
11-23-11, 08:16 AM
I believe CarID has a complete product on their website

They sell Putco, we tried several and they were junk, cheap led's that did not match the stock ones, we even contacted them and they would not build to our specs because they are made overseas.

hcvone
11-23-11, 08:27 AM
I tried to do this earlier this year, bought the third brake light but my auto-detail guy broke the unit trying to separate it, so I gave up....looks great....this MOD is a must

We went thru 17 light assy. to find a way to take the units apart and put them back together, because there are not made to take apart, they are throw away lights, and that was the simple part, it took me 8 months to get 17 lights. I had given up at one point after spend thousands of dollas in lights and my employees time, I then purchased two Putco lights, after seeing what pieces of junk they were, at that point I told my engineer to get involved and at least make me ONE light for each of my Escalade's and I don't care what it costs, after a few more lights we found away to take the lights apart and put them back together and make an air tight seal. The first lights were 6-8 hours each, now that is down to just over 3 hours because of how we are having the led's put on the boards to save time and make a strong mount, so I do know all about breaking these lights. :)

SouthernCaddy
11-23-11, 11:26 AM
I want one to!!!!

JJaiman
11-23-11, 12:56 PM
I want one also. HCVONE, your about 1.5 hours away from me, let me know when they're available and I'll glady pick one up.

Lord Cadillac
11-23-11, 02:19 PM
They sell Putco, we tried several and they were junk, cheap led's that did not match the stock ones, we even contacted them and they would not build to our specs because they are made overseas.

They're also not an authorized vendor here... ;)

uflj50
11-23-11, 04:09 PM
I'm going to put one more thought into the mix, but first I will say great job. What about some of us that have tinted our rear lights, would you be able to offer the option of having our lights worked on and then returned? Otherwise I (and others) would have to pay for another tint job. Just a thought.

hcvone
11-23-11, 05:46 PM
I'm going to put one more thought into the mix, but first I will say great job. What about some of us that have tinted our rear lights, would you be able to offer the option of having our lights worked on and then returned? Otherwise I (and others) would have to pay for another tint job. Just a thought.

I would probably say yes, but it's the turn around time that would screw you, and still the chance of breaking your light, as I said these things are not suppose to come apart. The biggest issue is getting lamps or being sued by GM right now

the blur
11-25-11, 09:41 PM
You need DOT approval to put those on the road.

dranksum
11-25-11, 10:13 PM
Ill test it in afghanistan if u want just send it to my APO:yup:

ErieEscalade
11-26-11, 03:48 PM
When I showed my newly purchased Escalade to my brother about a month ago he said "wow...awesome third-brake light....I bet all those LEDs are so bright when lit!" I had to inform him that only the center few actually lit up and the remainder on the left & right were "fake". He asked why....I couldn't answer. Thanks HVCONE for coming up with an alternative. Let me know when it's available.

nelson480
11-27-11, 01:35 AM
Great job!
Shocked me when i seen it wasnt fully lit, more of GM's cheapening with decontenting vehicles...
Glad my dad's 02 is still fully lit! 1 thing that hasnt gone wrong..

AndGo
11-29-11, 05:05 AM
I will take mine off and mail it to you. Let me know how much and ill send it to you!

hcvone
11-29-11, 07:31 AM
You need DOT approval to put those on the road.
We inquired and we were told we do not because we are "reworking them" and not manufacturing them

stater02
11-29-11, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I want in too. Let us know when you get the process refinded and how much it will be!

hcvone
11-29-11, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I want in too. Let us know when you get the process refinded and how much it will be!

Will do, we plan to offer brand new reworked lights, and reworked (used) lights, the used may have some slight surface scratches, although we are planning on polishing the used lights to get them near perfect, have used ones on the test trucks now, I used the worst one for one of the 2012 platinums and I can not even see the scratches on the lens with the light on or off and I didn't even polish that one because I expected trouble being it was the first. We also plan to offer to purchase your stock light if you want to trade/sell it. This only happened because I was able to purchase several dozen brand new lights.

Mike06train
11-29-11, 12:31 PM
Thats a must have item for me. I'm in driving distance to you. Please let me know when these are ready to sell.

hcvone
11-29-11, 02:03 PM
Thats a must have item for me. I'm in driving distance to you. Please let me know when these are ready to sell.

We are just off the Willow Grove exit of the PA Turnpike :)

stater02
11-29-11, 04:11 PM
Will do, we plan to offer brand new reworked lights, and reworked (used) lights, the used may have some slight surface scratches, although we are planning on polishing the used lights to get them near perfect, have used ones on the test trucks now, I used the worst one for one of the 2012 platinums and I can not even see the scratches on the lens with the light on or off and I didn't even polish that one because I expected trouble being it was the first. We also plan to offer to purchase your stock light if you want to trade/sell it. This only happened because I was able to purchase several dozen brand new lights.

Very nice! I see you're in Willow Grove. I grew up near Allentown but would have to have you mail as I live in Minneapolis now. I wouldn't see why folks wouldn't sell their old assembly if they are putting new ones in.

hcvone
11-29-11, 04:54 PM
Very nice! I see you're in Willow Grove. I grew up near Allentown but would have to have you mail as I live in Minneapolis now. I wouldn't see why folks wouldn't sell their old assembly if they are putting new ones in.

Huntingdon Valley, but Willow Grove is 5 minutes away from me. I am up in that area often making many trips on US 22 on my way to RT 33 and into the Pocono's, we have a lot of Zaino wax customers in Allentown and around that area. Some owners stated they want to keep their stock lights, not sure why but either way will work. :)

ELUSIVE
11-29-11, 05:00 PM
Any sort of time frame on when you think these will be available?
I want them now. :D

richw3533
11-29-11, 05:19 PM
Any word yet on price and time frame?? I will buy one right away for BADCAD as soon as they are available!! I have a hook up on Cadi parts so I will send you 2 new lights to have done if need be.

hcvone
11-29-11, 06:35 PM
I just will not sell them until enough real world testing is complete, my first test light did not pass the underwater test
so it was replaced, because of the extreme heat and cold that these lights can see (-40 to +200 degrees) I have to make
sure the sealant we are using will last and hold up under these conditions, and the warm weather is not helping to move
the testing along. I get e-mails everyday from owners making me very interesting offers and I thank you/them all, but all
the people that know me will tell you, if I am involved in something it will work and perform perfectly, or it's not for me.
I knew there would be some interest in this project because the 1/3 light that comes stock really makes the Escalade look weak when you step on the brake, but the response has been unreal, I been here for 8 years so I am not going anywhere. :)

murphy
11-29-11, 07:28 PM
Count me in too..How about a poll ?

motorwerks
11-29-11, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the efforts in your project. Perhaps a good idea would be to update the forum members in a sticky note once you are ready to market the finalized product. I would definitely be interested in a unit.

Best,

Satish Tummala
contact info deleted ~ rolex

hannity
11-29-11, 11:55 PM
Great job!
Shocked me when i seen it wasnt fully lit, more of GM's cheapening with decontenting vehicles...
Glad my dad's 02 is still fully lit! 1 thing that hasnt gone wrong..

You speak the truth. I never knew that the whole thing did not light up. I had my wife step on the brakes while I checked it out. Every time I try to give gm the benefit of the doubt and just be happy with my truck. It either gives me some kind of issue or I find out something disapointing about it.

mustang_cadillac
11-30-11, 12:22 AM
I'm impressed. You've demonstrated a lot of thought and hard work in putting this product out.

I'm currently driving a 2008 Ecsalade. My first was a 2002 where the entire light bar lit up. Such a disappointment when the light bar didn't light up on th 08.

To echo everyone else...Count Me In!

Mike06train
11-30-11, 04:50 PM
We are just off the Willow Grove exit of the PA Turnpike :)

I bought this truck from the Jag dealer about 2 miles from there. Whats the name of your shop?

MrSplenda
12-01-11, 03:18 AM
Heck yes! Very nice. I want one.... that strobes of course. This will go perfect with a light bar, sirens, and diplomat flags up front.

felixgun
12-02-11, 09:06 PM
Any update when this will be available? I want one ASAP!!! Thanks for all your hard work hcv!!!

cangolf
12-22-11, 01:23 PM
Please add me to the list of waiting customers. thanks

05Gride
12-22-11, 07:10 PM
Please consider me officially interested in this as well.

Eric Hagan
12-23-11, 06:51 AM
Sign me up. Where do I send the money with my PayPal account. I want one!!
Keep us up to date. Thank you. I almost pulled the trigger on a putco.

superchargedss
12-23-11, 09:23 PM
I'm in... I'll rip mine off tomorrow and ship it out! :D

BlackDynamiteCaddy
12-29-11, 02:00 AM
count me IN! i was so disappointed that the whole thing didn't light up. im a new 08 Escalade owner coming from a Scion tC w/ da same issue....found a website w/ a full 3rd brake light for that, bought & installed it myself. i HAVE to have this for my Escalade! keep us posted!

Rich909
12-29-11, 02:49 PM
Interested! Like everyone else. Let me know when they are available.

richw3533
01-11-12, 08:27 PM
Any word on the progress of this yet..... anxiously waiting!!

hcvone
01-11-12, 10:02 PM
Any word on the progress of this yet..... anxiously waiting!!

I am finally happy with our new plastic welder that's used to put the lights back together, far superior and stronger than the plastic the lights are made out of, happy with the new released led's, more light output and less power draw, the two usually don't go together, I have had them underwater, yes underwater testing for 7 days, passed without a problem, that is in case anyone wants to drive underwater, just kidding, they are going on my 3 trucks tomorrow, and we are taking all three trucks up to our home in upstate NY because we are suppose to get to near -20 degrees in the next few days, they will then be pulled off the trucks when we get back, rechecked for any water leakage, which is just about impossible because over the weld we are spraying the units with liquid rubber that is an extra seal, if all that checks out then the first batch of about 25 lights will be finished, all the hard work is done on the lights, I just was not happy with the light output we were getting on my trucks on the first run, I am so pleased with the new lights, no trouble being seen for sure, the only problem is I have a zillion led's that I have to find something to do with, maybe I'll make Christmas lights. I still can't give a time frame because of the unknown, but I would say less than 4 weeks depending on weather, I say that because we have been waiting to play with our new toys in the snow, and that comes first. ;)

mustang_cadillac
01-11-12, 10:05 PM
That is fantastic news!!! When you are ready to market please keep me in mind. If I need to drive to your location...no problem.

Thanks again for the diligent work!!

hcvone
01-11-12, 10:16 PM
That is fantastic news!!! When you are ready to market please keep me in mind. If I need to drive to your location...no problem.

Thanks again for the diligent work!!

Where are you located? Yea for a project I did so I would have a full 3rd brake light, you would cry to know what I have in this so far, I know I am crying, but if I sell several hundred lights I can break even, so I have that going for me. :( But as I told my employee who is doing this project, now it's personal.

torr714
01-11-12, 10:27 PM
I'm in for one on my lade let me know when and I live in my near NYC

ELUSIVE
01-11-12, 10:28 PM
Fantastic news!!
Are you collecting a list of interested parties?
Please make sure my name is on that list. :D

torr714
01-11-12, 10:56 PM
Iphone messed up my post, I'm in put me on the list i live right outside ny city

cadmanchris
01-12-12, 12:12 AM
Please include me also. I'm in central NJ.

JJaiman
01-12-12, 11:31 AM
I'm in for one as well. I'll gladly take the ride down to get one.

hcvone
01-12-12, 12:03 PM
I'm in for one as well. I'll gladly take the ride down to get one.

For the NJ and PA people I'll even install it when we get to that point, for those who want to make the drive, after you do it a THOUSAND times it's pretty simple. ;)

richw3533
01-12-12, 01:21 PM
I'm in Mass, but I will for sure make the drive!!

ESCALADE132
01-12-12, 01:35 PM
I have family in MD and PA im in SC but moving to PA. this summer and I definitely want to do this mod! Where in PA Hvcone and how much? I love the look with the 3rd brake light lighting up all the way across and like you said Cadillac should have made it that way from the get go!!

hcvone
01-12-12, 01:38 PM
I have family in MD and PA im in SC but moving to PA. this summer and I definitely want to do this mod! Where in PA Hvcone and how much? I love the look with the 3rd brake light lighting up all the way across and like you said Cadillac should have made it that way from the get go!!

We are north and east of Phila, what part of PA are you looking at moving too? Price to come soon

ELUSIVE
01-12-12, 02:52 PM
Will you ship to those of us out west?
Please.
:D

hcvone
01-12-12, 03:03 PM
Will you ship to those of us out west?
Please.
:D

Sure will, we ship UPS every woking day so it's not an issue. :)

K9Caddy
01-12-12, 03:06 PM
Same here Carl! ;) Let me know...

ELUSIVE
01-12-12, 03:06 PM
Sure will, we ship UPS every woking day so it's not an issue. :)

Awesome.
I can't deny, i want it bad. Real bad.
It's hero time. :D

Eric Hagan
01-13-12, 08:07 AM
I can't wait!!

Details details details!!

Thanks for your work. Where do I sign up?

hcvone
01-13-12, 08:53 AM
I can't wait!!

Details details details!!

Thanks for your work. Where do I sign up?

You did by posting :)

Eric Hagan
01-13-12, 09:18 PM
Awesome

Bunty
01-14-12, 12:14 AM
I'm interested too, sign me up!

ESCALADE132
01-14-12, 12:26 PM
Hcvone I'm looking to move somewhere around York PA because my wife has family there. Im curious if you know anything about that area or a area close to that which is nicer. I was a Deputy Sheriff and got injured in the line of duty and moved to SC because my brother is here and the weather is warmer and helps my back due to having 3 back surgeries and titanium rods and plates in my back and neck. But ae both want to go back North so if you know of some areas that would be great but we we have 2 kids that are in the early years of school so we want to move where the schools are good. Sorry for the long post but I definitely want one of your 3rd. Brake lights that go all the way across!

hcvone
01-14-12, 01:03 PM
Hcvone I'm looking to move somewhere around York PA because my wife has family there. Im curious if you know anything about that area or a area close to that which is nicer. I was a Deputy Sheriff and got injured in the line of duty and moved to SC because my brother is here and the weather is warmer and helps my back due to having 3 back surgeries and titanium rods and plates in my back and neck. But ae both want to go back North so if you know of some areas that would be great but we we have 2 kids that are in the early years of school so we want to move where the schools are good. Sorry for the long post but I definitely want one of your 3rd. Brake lights that go all the way across!

I am sorry to hear of your injury and thank you for your service in law enforcement. :) I broke my back twice racing for skidoo so I understand back problems, with me in the freezing cold I feel the best, my doctors just laugh when I tell them that. I don't know much about that area personally, but know a few that live in the York area, I will try to contant them this coming week to see if they can tell you where you want and don't want to be.

ESCALADE132
01-19-12, 03:29 PM
Thanks alot and are you doing any 3rd brake light replacements yet?
Thanks

hcvone
01-19-12, 03:40 PM
Thanks alot and are you doing any 3rd brake light replacements yet?
Thanks

We are just finshing the freeze test, -17 degrees for a few days, we had about 10 revisions so far, the latest light is 100 times better than the first in everyway, brighter, less power draw and 100% waterproofed.

Eric Hagan
01-20-12, 07:54 AM
Any idea when they will be avail for sale?

FredS
01-27-12, 12:17 AM
+1
Me too!
Add me when ready!

nathanjax
02-13-12, 02:02 AM
Bump...

Any word yet on selling this?

hcvone
02-13-12, 08:29 AM
Bump...

Any word yet on selling this?

Still testing, have now 8 of them in service (testing) and no issues so far.

ELUSIVE
02-13-12, 01:57 PM

You need a test vehicle in Colorado.
Elevation, extreme temperature fluctuations, arid climate, intense direct sunlight, etc.
I'd be happy to help you out. :D

nathanjax
02-13-12, 05:47 PM

Thanks. Add me to the list of people who want one.

Do you have any idea on what the price range will be? Any ball park figure just to get an idea of what we are looking at...

MrHolland
02-13-12, 06:20 PM
That's the million dollar question......

felixgun
02-13-12, 08:34 PM
Hcvone if my name isn't on the list... Please add me! Thanks.

tribal283
02-14-12, 09:27 AM
Add me too just bought a 08 and was disappointed to find out they don't all lit up.

nathanjax
02-14-12, 01:24 PM
That's the million dollar question......

Man I hope not. I'm hoping it's the $200 question...

FredS
02-16-12, 08:23 AM
I would like to the core swap approach. Perhaps two paypal transactions to ease the processing, the "T+M" and the "core". Once core returns refund core paypal.

Blackedoutlt3
02-19-12, 11:38 AM
I am looking forward to this end product. I live really close to you as well. In northern Balt county MD. I have a Esky third brake light tinted.

sfv41901
02-20-12, 03:27 AM
Thx for all the effort U've put into this for the community. This will make the 3rd brake light look 1000 times better.

2spooky
02-22-12, 11:48 PM
Pleas add me to the list as well.

MrSplenda
02-23-12, 01:35 AM
Put me on the list too please.

darkknight1999
02-23-12, 05:42 PM
Please add me to the list... Depending of course on the price. ;)

owyz1
02-24-12, 09:12 AM
I am interested, How Much?

srt10viper
02-26-12, 09:50 AM
Add me to the list also. I have the putco unit now but it is a piece of junk. I can make the drive too I am just over an hour away. Thanks for your hard work on something that should have come standard on a $90,000 vehicle.

BlownEscalade
02-27-12, 01:36 AM
I'm interested as well. I can test them for you in Canada where its -30 degrees celcius :)

nathanjax
03-01-12, 07:44 PM
Bump for info...

Playdrv4me
03-02-12, 12:51 AM
I'm in.

chakde
03-02-12, 02:55 AM
Please include me on the list as well. I will be doing a road trip to the eastern US this summer and hopefully it will be ready to go by then.

cane87
03-02-12, 03:54 AM
looks great man,also interested depending on the price

srt10viper
03-10-12, 10:30 AM
Any updates on these?
Thanks

mycaddi408
03-22-12, 01:56 PM
I would like to get this done to my Escalade. How much and when can I get it done???

twarnes
03-23-12, 12:04 AM
Sign me up, I want one too!!!!

fitz08
03-28-12, 12:49 AM
Sign me up as well!

hcvone
03-28-12, 08:24 AM
The response has been beyond overwhelming, we have dealerships contacting us for lights, it's just nuts, we had to stop the light project because GM came to us with a 22" wheel project for a future SUV , which we just completed, and we are working on a spinning center cap for the present 22" Escalade wheels, so the Caddy emblem is always sitting in the perfect postion when stopped. We are back on the lights and plan pics and more info as soon as we can build stock. :)

torr714
03-28-12, 09:27 AM
Let me know about the center cap. I would like that it will fit the standard 22s ,too not just the premium ?

----------

Also still waiting for the 3rd brake light

MrHolland
03-28-12, 09:39 AM
AAHHHHHHH NOOOOOO!!!!! I told my wife last year I needed to make a weighted spinning center cap so the world could see my emblems while I was riding around. That will be awesome and will be something I think all manufacturers including aftermarket will be interested in. I can't wait to see them!! Now if we can just figure out a way to get Hood ornament back into the game.

Purple87SS
03-28-12, 09:51 AM
OP- That's looks really good!

sfv41901
03-28-12, 12:28 PM
Rolls Royce has a nice center cap that doesn't spin. I've always loved the look of it.

RippyPartsDept
03-28-12, 01:22 PM
didn't the ciel concept have that style center cap?

mbdubb2361
03-28-12, 01:33 PM
Ok how can I get those lights for my 2011? Those are awesome.

superchargedss
03-28-12, 10:29 PM
Rolls Royce has a nice center cap that doesn't spin. I've always loved the look of it.

So does Bentley. :D

mycaddi408
03-29-12, 02:19 AM
I would like to purchase the lights for my Escalde. I called the phone number on your site and left a message. Will you have an exchange program?????

The response has been beyond overwhelming, we have dealerships contacting us for lights, it's just nuts, we had to stop the light project because GM came to us with a 22" wheel project for a future SUV , which we just completed, and we are working on a spinning center cap for the present 22" Escalade wheels, so the Caddy emblem is always sitting in the perfect postion when stopped. We are back on the lights and plan pics and more info as soon as we can build stock. :)

hcvone
03-29-12, 08:24 AM
I would like to purchase the lights for my Escalde. I called the phone number on your site and left a message. Will you have an exchange program?????

Got your info and put it on the list, the list is LONG, and yes we are counting on exchange of lights and plan to offer a $100.00 for your light, that is what we pay on e-bay and other sites at this time trying to build a stock of lights

trungerz
03-29-12, 11:13 AM
New 07 Escalade owner here. Please add me to the list also.

Thanks!

mycaddi408
03-29-12, 01:06 PM
thank you

fitz08
04-18-12, 07:48 PM
I know you guys are busy, but was just wondering if there is any updates? Thanks

hcvone
04-20-12, 10:02 AM
Just one set back after another, believe it or not we are like on our 30th major change, it's almost getting personal now :( :bomb:

RippyPartsDept
04-20-12, 11:20 AM
might that possibly be why cadillac wouldn't do it?

hcvone
04-20-12, 07:40 PM
might that possibly be why cadillac wouldn't do it?

No it can be done, the problem is using the stock light, needless to say it's not intended to be taken apart, and laser cutting the light apart and plastic welding it back together causes a lot of issues that shows up down the road, the right way to do it is to have the parts molded for us, of course that is over 100k, but when you take into account I have about 40k into this so far with several hundred lights and a lot of parts, it's been disappointing to say the least, but as I was told many times "refuse to lose" :(

nathanjax
04-20-12, 08:36 PM
I know a bunch of people who have cut theirs apart with a dremmel and silicone it back together without any problems. There are even write-ups out there if people want to try it themselves. I'm just not good with LEDs/current/resistance/etc.

The only issue I can see is trying to "mass produce" these. Cutting and trimming each one would be a pain.

What issues are you having with them "down the road"?

hcvone
04-21-12, 08:34 AM
I know a bunch of people who have cut theirs apart with a dremmel and silicone it back together without any problems. There are even write-ups out there if people want to try it themselves. I'm just not good with LEDs/current/resistance/etc.

The only issue I can see is trying to "mass produce" these. Cutting and trimming each one would be a pain.

What issues are you having with them "down the road"?

We did the first ones with a Dremel, we have dozens we use for polishing, the first few dozen lights were done cutting with Dremel tools and using silicone to put them back together, using silicone over time it will start leaking moisture slowly until the unit fails, we were getting 12-18 months until total failure, of course if you are in the southwest where it does not rain, or you do not wash your truck too often, it will last longer, that is when we found the need to plastic weld the units back together, it was the only way to make sure no moisture could get into the unit. Can't sell something I know will fail because everyone has from the first batch. We now have units that are 100% waterproof stronger than stock and going on two of my trucks either today or tomorrow, so it continues.

ELUSIVE
04-21-12, 09:09 AM
How about you start selling some of those ones to folks in dry areas (like me) to recoup some of the cost?
We of course will understand if at some point they fail.

nathanjax
04-21-12, 01:55 PM
We did the first ones with a Dremel, we have dozens we use for polishing, the first few dozen lights were done cutting with Dremel tools and using silicone to put them back together, using silicone over time it will start leaking moisture slowly until the unit fails, we were getting 12-18 months until total failure, of course if you are in the southwest where it does not rain, or you do not wash your truck too often, it will last longer, that is when we found the need to plastic weld the units back together, it was the only way to make sure no moisture could get into the unit. Can't sell something I know will fail because everyone has from the first batch. We now have units that are 100% waterproof stronger than stock and going on two of my trucks either today or tomorrow, so it continues.

Thanks for explaining the issues a little more. Glad to hear you're getting closer to a finished product.

How about you start selling some of those ones to folks in dry areas (like me) to recoup some of the cost?
We of course will understand if at some point they fail.

I can see why he won't sell ANY yet. I wouldn't want to sell something that I knew could/would fail eventually. Personally, I'll just wait knowing he's doing all he can to put out a perfect product.

Eric Hagan
04-21-12, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the info.

How about making the leds go white when the reverse lights are on. That would light some stuff up.

I think you would have to have seperate LEDs for that but it would be sick. I think they would have to be setup every other led for it to work I think.

Just a thought.

Thanks again.

nathanjax
04-21-12, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info.

How about making the leds go white when the reverse lights are on. That would light some stuff up.

I think you would have to have seperate LEDs for that but it would be sick. I think they would have to be setup every other led for it to work I think.

Just a thought.

Thanks again.

Lit up every other LED would then look like the Putco LED 3rd brake light. Also, the white reverse light would almost be wasted because the backup lights really need to be lower to shine on the ground behind you. Only way you would get anything from the high reverse light would be when backing up to a building or something for the light to shine on.

This is the PUTCO

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1410&pictureid=11330

This is the Escalade 3rd brake light with the entire row of LEDs lit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/roymac/DSCN2382.jpg

hcvone
06-15-12, 06:38 PM
Well just won't give up, the lasest revision 35 has been bulletproof, the led's are matched to the tail light led's (they are made by the same company) , got 5 test trucks running the lights, I really hope this is it because I have no more tears left

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/hcvone/4e830e9f.jpg?t=1339795938

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/hcvone/e95795fe.jpg?t=1339795906

evois
06-15-12, 07:50 PM
Well just won't give up, the lasest revision 35 has been bulletproof, the led's are matched to the tail light led's (they are made by the same company) , got 5 test trucks running the lights, I really hope this is it because I have no more tears left

Can you qoute me price for those? Thanks!

K9Caddy
06-16-12, 07:29 AM
Looks good, Carl! Now just send me one, please! :)

felixgun
06-17-12, 01:24 PM
Wow that looks great... so when are you gonna start sending these out with return labels for our originals to send back? I'm ready to get this done!!

mbdubb2361
06-18-12, 01:41 AM
wow that looks great... So when are you gonna start sending these out with return labels for our originals to send back? I'm ready to get this done!!

me too!!

hcvone
06-18-12, 07:44 AM
We are starting to finish up a batch of 25 later this week with the new design, will update

ELUSIVE
06-18-12, 12:45 PM
So ready for one of these. Thanks for all of your efforts on this!!
Can't wait to buy one!

felixgun
06-19-12, 11:10 PM
We are starting to finish up a batch of 25 later this week with the new design, will update

Are the first 25 on your list getting this? :)

Salo
06-26-12, 09:45 PM
I want one too.

mustang_cadillac
07-04-12, 05:30 PM
The pics look great!! Are you putting together your list from those of us who have express interest in this forum? If not let us (me) know so I can make sure I'm on "The List".

Keep up the good work!

tribal283
07-07-12, 09:15 PM
Let me know when u have them ill buy one for sure

gatorboy112
07-09-12, 10:28 AM
add me to the list! I'll hold off on tinting mine.

TobyJohnson11
07-31-12, 09:08 PM
Any new updates on this?

hcvone
08-01-12, 08:36 AM
Still testing, I know it sucks waiting, but they have to hold up over time, I get e-mails several times a week from people who upgraded themselves only to find mosture issues down the road and then their light does not work, although I have sold several stock lights to people who needed to fix their bad light. :)

RxDetective
08-02-12, 12:45 PM
I'd like in when they are available, they look great

nixonride
08-09-12, 07:57 PM
I am in for this as well!

EchoThreeSix
08-10-12, 01:44 AM
Love this! Great work!
PLEASE please please please let me know when I can order one for myself!

Kwit
08-21-12, 12:53 AM
Ok I just bought an 07 Escalade and I don't see what's different except the two side lights appear to be LEDs. I just looked at mine and the 3rd row appears to be LEDs already?

chakde
08-21-12, 01:49 AM
Hi Kwit,
Do you have the EXT. the one this thread is talking about is on the Escalade and ESV which only lights up one third in the middle and is LED. The EXT has a non led full bar.

Kwit
08-21-12, 02:22 PM
chakde, I have the 07 Escalade. Non-esv non-ext. I'm still a bit confused. So what light is missing or not LED?

nathanjax
08-21-12, 02:29 PM
chakde, I have the 07 Escalade. Non-esv non-ext. I'm still a bit confused. So what light is missing or not LED?

Your 3rd brake light only lights up in the center, about 12 inches, like this...

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDt6ssX4fJdbDcHqAqmLYpea0aQci7y QazzEpP9BE_96uGO4NDcA

mine lights up all the way, like this...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3qBDKMrUwHK_4ZtDV8-RrJEA5IHL6W3MlOIlxNwxkWBM_wFND87UEMKvUvg

RippyPartsDept
08-21-12, 02:42 PM
it will look like it should light up all the way across but only light up in the middle

motorwerks
08-24-12, 06:58 AM
Hello,

I would be interested in one as well.

Thanks,

Satish Tummala
Motorwerks Group

Jtguitar
10-30-12, 01:24 AM
Hi, I am also interested! Has anyone heard of any update?

hcvone
10-30-12, 05:55 PM
Check our web site, have a batch that have been finished, planned to sell them in Nov, but because of the destruction of several of our NJ shore business, homes and boats from the 10-29-2012 storm, the lights are safe at our Huntingdon Valley Pa company, I have to take care of the important things and the lights are not on that list. Just a side note, we have about 37 lights on trucks now and ZERO problems, the high number is because people pull me over and say "I have to have one" and then throw ridiculous amounts of money at me, it's laughable but what am I going to say, no. :)

mrrairai76
10-30-12, 11:47 PM
I just found out about you on the TahoeYukon forum. I have a Yukon with the Esky tails and third brake light so could I just buy the light part from you? Also what is your website?

chakde
11-01-12, 08:14 PM
Hey Carl, the link on your website says coming soon. It has been a long wait, looking forward to have them for sale soon :)

K9Caddy
03-12-13, 07:23 AM
Carl-

What is the deal with these, will we ever see these for sale?? I think we've been all waiting patiently. :) I'd like to get one before I sell my escalade in a couple years...

36dbldz
03-12-13, 08:41 AM
Couldn't locate link to website? Are they still a ailable?

hcvone
03-13-13, 12:43 PM
Carl-

What is the deal with these, will we ever see these for sale?? I think we've been all waiting patiently. :) I'd like to get one before I sell my escalade in a couple years...

This is not want I wanted to write, and it bothers me because I like to follow thru on everything I do, and I have went back and forth for weeks now.To be totally honest, it's just much easier to sell them wholesale than one by one, we sent one out and the customer did not follow the instructions, put an air wrench on the 4 threaded lugs and broke the back out of the light, when it's was marked FINGER TIGHTEN ONLY because of the supplied locking nuts we included, gave him his money back and then was mad we would not ship another light to him. So here is the deal, when I am in PA we will gladly install them at NO COST for anyone wanting to make the drive to our location. As for me my last two Escalade (can't see myself buying another Escalade, just too many options taking away over time, and it just does not seem like a good value to me anymore) will be replaced before the end of the year with a german and an Italian. Like this forum a lot, been here since 2003 (10 years) as a moderator and member, great info great people I met on this site, and I want to thank the owner Sal for a nice forum and trusting in me when he didn't even know me, and if I was able to help anyone, that was and is the goal here. Thank you all and please close this thread Mr M :)

zach2011
03-13-13, 01:28 PM
So you cannot sell them individually? :(

I was really looking forward to doing this mod. I have changed these out before and know how simple it is. I understand your concern about selling them wholesale and what not...BUT if you ever change your mind and would be willing to sell one to a very skilled individual (who won't screw it up and make you pay for it)...send me a PM. I'll pay instantly. :)

In any case, that is an excellent and much needed mod and I am glad that at least some Escalades now have it. Just wish mine did too. :thumbsup:

Salo
03-13-13, 01:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm having my light redone as we speak. You have to take your light out (real easy to do) and ship it to him. Go to HIDplanet.com and look for
Faites777. Tell him Salo sent you. Any questions pm me.

hcvone
03-13-13, 03:45 PM
So you cannot sell them individually? :(

I was really looking forward to doing this mod. I have changed these out before and know how simple it is. I understand your concern about selling them wholesale and what not...BUT if you ever change your mind and would be willing to sell one to a very skilled individual (who won't screw it up and make you pay for it)...send me a PM. I'll pay instantly. :)

In any case, that is an excellent and much needed mod and I am glad that at least some Escalades now have it. Just wish mine did too. :thumbsup:

Let me see after these last three batches are done, there are 81 of them and I believe the order is for 68, so there maybe some extras if they all live thru production, I have a dozen at my PA home but they are for NJ, PA, DE and MD customers that we are going to install in April, if any of them cancel there maybe some, plus if I trade my trucks there will be two more, one can be programmed to do all kind of stunts.

sdgc
03-13-13, 03:49 PM
Who's the german and italian..........

hcvone
03-13-13, 05:23 PM
Who's the german and italian..........

GL63 and one of those horsey cars. ;) A lot has changed in the last few week, 7 of us were deep in Alaska snowmobiling and we got caught in an avalanche, the biggest reason I stick to lakes and groomed trails, we all used up some lives, but we found and got everyone out, we were all wearing tracking units, 5 of us including myself had hosiptal injuries and were transported by chopper, not sure about my friends, but my life was changed forever, I have been very lucky and have done well, now it time to help others anyway I can, while it's not how I lived my life until now, it's not too late to start. :)

Leeh713
03-13-13, 05:31 PM
I would be happy to purchase one of the remaining ones AND follow the directions for installation.

zach2011
03-13-13, 06:21 PM
Let me see after these last three batches are done, there are 81 of them and I believe the order is for 68, so there maybe some extras if they all live thru production, I have a dozen at my PA home but they are for NJ, PA, DE and MD customers that we are going to install in April, if any of them cancel there maybe some, plus if I trade my trucks there will be two more, one can be programmed to do all kind of stunts.

That would be excellent. I would not mind paying extra for one that does different functions if it does things like turn signals and what not. If you do end up with extra ones please keep me in mind as I will pay as soon as you say the word. I would really love to be able to drive to PA to have it installed but it's too far for me. I have done the install before and have a body shop so I would much rather save on gas and miles and do it myself.

Thank you though, I am looking forward to hearing from you about availability.

MrHolland
03-13-13, 07:44 PM
This ride is closed until further notice.