Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

More Northstar repair services......ENJOY

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Looks like a PITA to work on even when out of the car. I replaced a leaking oil pressure sensor yesterday, you can bearly get your finger tips in there. Thank God no kids were around. I think I made up a few new words. But all is better today. Still love that car.

#9 ·
It isn't all that difficult to work on a Northstar engine when it's out of the car. And getting it out of the car isn't all that difficult either. It comes out nicely as a complete drivetrain package. It does take some time. Sometimes it takes a lot of time, like when every bolt is salt corroded in.
But working on aluminum, you need to take your time and be even more careful than with working on an iron engine. If you happen to shear a bolt off that was stuck, it requires a lot more care to remove it on an aluminum block than an iron block. The main thing is to have the proper tools and hopefully some experience with engines before tackeling anything big. Still, it does take time. You need to be very careful, because the least mistake can cost a lot of money to hide.
Mark D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.