: 2005 Cadillac STS Check Engine Light

KingMack
11-22-11, 12:30 AM
Hey,

I have a 2005 Cadillac STS V6 and lately my check engine light came on and went off so I didn't think much about it at first. Now it's staying on and when I accelerate like at a green light or just pick up speed while driving it flashes..I did go to autozone and they did print out a code (I dont have it at the moment) and a few things it could be. I just wanted to see if anyone else had or heard of this problem, before I decide to take my car by Cadillac.

Thanks,
Stan

C&C
11-22-11, 05:36 AM
The 'secret' lies in the code.

targetSTS
11-22-11, 07:16 AM
as usual blinking check light it's misfiring in one or multiple cylinders. Spark plugs, coils........

BaTu
11-22-11, 09:51 AM
Dude, that's ridiculous!

You've had the car scanned :hmm:

It retrieved a code from the computer :helpless:

But you cast that information aside, come here, and ask "I just wanted to see if anyone else had or heard of this problem" :bonkers:

WTF?????????????????? Google the code (YES, it's actually Important!) and buy yourself a F'ing clue as to what your car is trying to tell you is WRONG! :banghead:

dkozloski
11-22-11, 10:15 AM
A short period of running with the check engine light flashing is sure to cost you thousands and might cause the car to burst into flames. The CATS will be ruined and may catch the underside of the car afire.

KingMack
11-22-11, 11:59 PM
Thanks for everyones answers....sorry I didnt have the paper with me when I seen the site and typed the message. I do have the paper now and the code is
p0303.....I did do a research on my own. I was just seeing if anyone else had the same problem or issue before I spent a lot of money at Cadillac.

Thanks,
Stan

C&C
11-23-11, 04:38 AM
That is a misfire on cylinder #3. Some possible causes: bad spark plug, bad coil, bad fuel injector, bad compression (in #3). I think you're going to have to take it in.