: Recommendations for aftermarket struts/shocks for lowered Escalade?

icejava
11-21-11, 03:29 PM
My OEM front struts are blown. Probably because the 2" spring drop. I was wondering if anyone could recommend aftermarket struts/shocks for a lowered Escalade EXT?

I recently contacted Arnott and they said their shocks are meant for stock height and if the lowering causes breaking of the shocks/struts, its not covered under warranty.

Thanks.

Big Windy Ext
11-22-11, 08:40 AM
Don't the lowering kits have strut/shock mount relocate hardware allowing use of your original struts and air shocks.

luxurylife33
11-22-11, 09:26 AM
How is armott going to know if your vehicle is lowered???? Buy them from Arnott, if they blow again they should replace them under their lifetime warranty. If you have the spindle drop in the front, it will not affect the shocks in ANY way. All it does is drop the hub... it still has the same spring rate. The torsion key drop is a whole nother story.

luxurylife33
11-22-11, 09:27 AM
I doubt your struts blew because it was lowered. These front struts only last around 60-80k miles anyway.

MATCHN_TOYZ
11-22-11, 09:31 AM
Don't the lowering kits have strut/shock mount relocate hardware allowing use of your original struts and air shocks.

Thats only for the rear. The front shocks get compressed with lowering springs. Which causes the shocks to wear out prematurely. Thats why I went with the drop spindles and kept the factory springs.... even though I do plan to go 1in lower in the front with lowering springs later on...lol I need to just go with an air ride.

icejava
11-22-11, 05:34 PM
My truck has 12K miles. Few months after lowering it, right front strut blew out oil everywhere. I would like to go with Arnott Strut but I figure it would just do the same thing as the OEM Strut. BUT I might not have a choice? I can't seem to find struts for lowered escalades.

Don't be a FOOL like me by using springs in the front. Go with Matchn_toyz... go Drop Spindles and shock extenders. Then you don't mess with the sensors and shock compression. Actually, I'm thinking of pulling the front springs and doing spindles. *sigh*