: engine stays running after car is shut off

allen sumwalt
11-21-11, 03:49 PM
i have a 05 sts and when the car is on and running run great and smooth when i shut the car off everything shuts off exceiped the motor and will sit there and run nice and smooth . i know this is not rite ,so i pulled the fuel pump relay and the motor shut off and i unhooked the battery just in case it tryed to start . has any one had this problem:histeric:

allen sumwalt
11-23-11, 10:07 AM
i found out what it was the key fob battery was weak and it the remote start button got bumped and the car was going threw the cycle was to do warm up and shut off so replaced the battery and everything works now .

EChas3
11-23-11, 10:24 PM
Is there any trick a worn-out battery can't play?

allen sumwalt
11-30-11, 08:12 PM
ok so i take the car to the dealership today to get a few modules reprogrammed and they brought the car in to start on it and it did'nt shut off for them .so i asked them what they thought it was and it they think it is the push button switch and the relay for the ignition so i told them that i would change them my self . i would have thought the dealership would have a better idea the wires on the switch are 16 gauge wires not the big ones like they were a few years ago were you could say it was the switch but i will find out for should later on this week after i get the car picked up .