: Remote start auto heater?

Mha
11-20-11, 09:50 PM
I heard that when you remote start your escalade you can program it so the heater or defrost turns on and seats heat too,how do I do this? Thanks

murphy
11-20-11, 10:05 PM
Actually these parameters are preset by the factory programming...preset interior temp based on exterior temp (hot or cold) and heated seats...etc with a preset runtime of 10 minutes and 2 starts only.

luxurylife33
11-20-11, 11:16 PM
You can buy a fancy remote from GM for around $150 but it must be programmed at the dealer (heard its over $200). Its GM part #19171129. It does a whole bunch of stuff like turn the defrost on, tells you the tire PSI, temp i think, etc.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4035&stc=1&d=1254719434

murphy
11-20-11, 11:35 PM
You can buy a fancy remote from GM for around $150 but it must be programmed at the dealer (heard its over $200). Its GM part #19171129. It does a whole bunch of stuff like turn the defrost on, tells you the tire PSI, temp i think, etc.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4035&stc=1&d=1254719434
Had one installed in my '07. Don't waste your money, Yes it increases the range "slightly" and provides feedback but you'll never use the info..Requires a new module install and antenna on side glass.An after market unit is a better buy. Again this unit uses GM programming which limits run time to 10 minutes and start frequency to 2...not to mention the fob is massive. (Mine also had the rear hatch button)

murphy
11-20-11, 11:38 PM
Found a pic
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/gpchase/IMG_1971.jpg

Big Windy Ext
11-21-11, 07:33 AM
And you cant control the defroster,you can adj the radio a little . It does have alot more range when the antenna is outside the vehicle.The smart phone remote is the stuff!

stater02
11-22-11, 01:05 PM
Actually these parameters are preset by the factory programming...preset interior temp based on exterior temp (hot or cold) and heated seats...etc with a preset runtime of 10 minutes and 2 starts only.

Not sure that it is in a 2010. I noticed that when remote starting my truck in 30 degree weather, the heat and heated seats are not turning on. I cycled through all of the presets and didn't see anything that asked about "interior temp based on exterior temp"

I'm going to spend some time looking in the manual when I get home tonight, but if anyone else has any insight, please share. Today's high in MinneSNOWta was 36. I need my buttwarmers! :cool2:

hcvone
11-22-11, 01:14 PM
I started mine outside this morning it was 15 degrees and the heat was on when I opened the door, and I didn't leave the heat on because it was 55 yesterday. :eek:

stater02
11-22-11, 01:17 PM
Where your heated seats on? Did you do a remote start from the FOB or from a smartphone? I'm going to try it again when I leave the office. I would be happy to eat crow on this but I'm pretty sure they are not turning on for me.

murphy
11-22-11, 01:57 PM
Where your heated seats on? Did you do a remote start from the FOB or from a smartphone? I'm going to try it again when I leave the office. I would be happy to eat crow on this but I'm pretty sure they are not turning on for me.
Heated seats turning on is not an option user can adjust but programmed into the module from factory as is run time and temp set.. For some reason my phone does not turn seats on when factory fob does so dealer who installed phone starter will check tomorrow when it goes in.

hcvone
11-22-11, 02:59 PM
Where your heated seats on? Did you do a remote start from the FOB or from a smartphone? I'm going to try it again when I leave the office. I would be happy to eat crow on this but I'm pretty sure they are not turning on for me. Yes they were

NorthernHillbilly
11-27-11, 07:01 AM
Mine will either run the a/c and seat coolers, or heat the seats and turn on defrost depending on exterior temps...I don't think it's user programmable though...