: Lowering My 08 Escalade

Rompvettes
11-20-11, 03:36 PM
Hello guys,

I have ordered a set of 24" U2-55's with 285/40/24's and was wanting to lower it a bit to close the fender gap between the tire and the fender. I have been leaning towards an Eibach Pro Kit 2/2 spring drop kit and was wondering if anyone has used it and how it affects the ride versus stock. It is my daily driver and I just want to give it a better look than all the other Lade's out there with 24's on them. That gap is just frustrating..........any insight or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

icejava
11-21-11, 04:14 PM
Hi Rompvettes,
I have the Eibach Pro Kit 2/3 spring kit. I installed after putting 24" 305/35R24. I would highly recommend against buying this kit.

PROS:
- Seems like well made solid springs.
- Maintains a good ride quality. Feels more stable.
- 24" wheels RUB less with lowering.

CONS:
- 3" drop in rear isn't really 3". It actually is about 2.5" and front is 2". Its mostly because of the air shocks. If you do 2/2, I would suspect you would make your rear look even higher than the front from stock.
- The kit come with shorten suspension sensor rods. BUT I still get the "Service Suspension" light on my DIC. Why? Seems to have happened after doing a Diablo firmware upgrade. I haven't figured it out.
- I blew out my front shocks. Thast why I would NOT use springs. Use Spindles.

RECOMMENDATIONS: (I haven't actually switched yet)
The kit I probably should have gotten was the 2/3 or 2/4 McGraughy kit that has drop spindles for front and spring/shock extenders for the rear.

Rompvettes
11-22-11, 03:03 AM
That helps out a bunch. I will look in to the McGraughy kit. I've seen the kit for sale on eBay I just wasn't sure if I could go the more simple way with just putting the Eibach kit on it. I have an Eibach kit on my Lexus GS and I love it. I was also told to run a 285/40/24 tire rather than the 305/35/24 because of rubbing issues. Do you have a lot of issues with it lowered on those tires? Thanks again!

icejava
11-22-11, 06:23 PM
I was also told to run a 285/40/24 tire rather than the 305/35/24 because of rubbing issues. Do you have a lot of issues with it lowered on those tires? Thanks again!

Depends on your offset. Stock are 22x9 with 31 offset. I have 24x10 with 30 offset. The front rubs a little bit ONLY if I'm in reverse and turning hard, front never rubs going forward and turning. The rear has a VERY SLIGHT rub when taking corners. I would run 25 rear and 30 front... which to me would be ideal for 305/35R24. I'm actually thinking of putting a 5mm plate in the rear but not sure if that would mess anything up.