: Help My Escalade is POSESSED !!

loanman
11-03-04, 05:58 PM
Today on my way to work my locks locked all by them selves and just kept trying to lock over and over again. They would stop and I would unlock the doors and a little while later they would do it again? Do I need to call an exorcist? :lildevil: Please Help!

Spittin Game
11-03-04, 06:53 PM
:lildevil:

Samboosa
11-03-04, 07:03 PM
No, you're escalade is :cookoo:
I figure it automatically locks when the vehicle moves a bit. Maybe something is wrong there.

My SRX sometimes REFUSES to lock no matter what when i fold the side mirrors!! I have to put switch it ON and OFF again for it to lock.

Spittin Game
11-03-04, 07:07 PM
It looks like you have a 99, I dont know about that year...but mine you can change the lock setting to lock when you put it in drive and unlock when you park it. Maybe check that?

ALLeyez187onME
11-25-04, 07:56 PM
when you put escalades in park, the doors automatically unlock, and when you put it in drive it automatically locks. I dont know if your saying that your doors keep trying to lock even tho they are locked so i dunno.

skides1
11-27-04, 03:37 PM
I would guess RF noise emitted from other sources or a smart tech scanning your unlock freq;)

csmooth79
11-29-04, 10:35 PM
Check ur nearest service center, I spoke to someone who had the same problem and mine did it a few times but stopped so I never bothered it. My friend said it had something to do with the OnStar computers, but his was really bad as it would stay on all the time and drain his battery dead .

Playdrv4me
12-01-04, 05:53 PM
Check ur nearest service center, I spoke to someone who had the same problem and mine did it a few times but stopped so I never bothered it. My friend said it had something to do with the OnStar computers, but his was really bad as it would stay on all the time and drain his battery dead .

Think Pierce Brosnan in... "After the Sunset"... :D

02escalade
12-20-04, 03:49 PM
I had the same problem! It freaked me out too...your locks are set to lock when you go into gear/drive past 10 or 20mph. What happens if a door is not closed all the way and you start driving? Nothing....but when you close that door while moving the doors lock right? Problem...back hatch is not closing all of the way......as you drive the hatch moves back and forth and causes the trigger to lock the doors...evertime the hatch moves inward that will happen. Next time this happens....pull over and get out of the truck....go to the the back with all of the doors closed so the dome light is off and pull on the bottom of the hatch on either side (not the handle) ...if the light goes on, the hatch did not double latch and that is your problem. Mine has never closed right....I have always had to bring it down to a foot from closed and then close it hard....caddy says cant replicate problem....so it is my problem. Not a bid deal, but can cause confusion! Hope this helps!

skides1
12-20-04, 03:53 PM
The pin switch for the rear hatch must have a depth adjustment. I do not have an 02', or I would check it out.

slk230mb
12-20-04, 06:51 PM
The pin switch for the rear hatch must have a depth adjustment. I do not have an 02', or I would check it out.

If his hatch was bouncing open the DIC would flash 'rear cargo open'.
I don't even know where the switch for the hatch is, now that you mention it. But I keep the dome override on all the time, so no worries for me...

skides1
12-20-04, 06:53 PM
Mine is where the latch mechanism locks the glass. a plastic pin with an adjustment?

02escalade
12-20-04, 08:46 PM
The interesting thing here is that mine did not come on and off...I have seen it happen before when the hatch is not closed all the way....but the time i remember this happening....there was no indication from the information center....perhaps the the bump did not leave the switch in a closed position long enough to light it? Not sure.....curiouse though if this works for loanman.

lean mean green lade
12-20-04, 09:52 PM
Check the keyless entry remote i had the same problem once i pulled over and i was checking everything finally when i checked the control one of the buttons was partially stuck. freed it and wala it stopped.