: interior A piller cloth wrinkled

nightrunner941
11-19-11, 02:53 PM
I recently bought a 2008 escalade and the interior A piller cloth is wrinkled on both driver and passenger side. I've seen almost all escalades have this same issue. Is this caused by the sun? My vehicle still has the factory warranty and was wondering if this would be covered.

hcvone
11-19-11, 04:10 PM
Have not seen this on any of mine or any customers, please post a pic, I would guess it would be warranty

smiley47
11-19-11, 04:12 PM
My 2010 EXT has no wrinkling whatsoever and I've never read about the issue on this board. Could yours possibly have gotten wet?

luxurylife33
11-19-11, 04:54 PM
Mine has a little on each A pillar. The fabric is peeling away from the panel. yayyyy cadillac

07BlkOnBlkEXT
11-19-11, 05:09 PM
Mine is wrinklying badly on each side, doesn't look like anything can be done.

hannity
11-19-11, 06:12 PM
I recently bought a 2008 escalade and the interior A piller cloth is wrinkled on both driver and passenger side. I've seen almost all escalades have this same issue. Is this caused by the sun? My vehicle still has the factory warranty and was wondering if this would be covered.

It's just power quality and craftsmanship. Just take it back to them and see how much they charge to replace it. The issue i have is that mine is so light that it is dirty. I don't have any kids, I have only opened my sunroof 2 times in the 2 years I've owned it. Keep us updated as to what they say..

nightrunner941
11-19-11, 07:01 PM
I will post a pic in a few. I've seen this in several escalades here in Oklahoma And Kansas. I'm going to take it to the dealership when I get some free time.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-19-11, 08:13 PM
Mine does it when it gets cold out. Usually corrects itself on nicer days...

PreachRR
11-20-11, 10:42 AM
Um.. I have had some leaking from the sunroof on my wifes malibu LTZ and it hits the cloth right where you are describing and if you are still under the factory 5 year 50K bumper to bumper get to know your dealer and they should be able to replace them for you.. So far as trip pieces go I have had the trim around the windows all of them replaced interior and exterior door handles and the hitch cover replaced all under the factory warranty.. GL

SouthernCaddy
11-20-11, 11:03 AM
Mine did it and they replace both of them under warranty. And they have never been wet.

WaterKing
11-27-11, 05:02 AM
On my 2008 EXT they did it on both sides TWICE and were replaced both times. No source of water intrusion was ever found....Got rid of the truck. 2007 EXT has never done it. Wrinkling was mostly at the lower portion below the speakers.