: Lowering kit for 2007 escalade (base model)

brianvez512
11-18-11, 12:37 PM
I have looked though the forums and there is so many different discussions on lowering kits. I wonder if someone can give a definitive answer o this issue. I want to lower 2 in the front and 3 in the back. Some say spindles in the front some say springs. I want to maintain as close to the same ride as stock, I need to tow about 5000# (#450 tongue). Is there a kit for this for under $500? What is the deal with the rods that level the shocks? I want to maintain the air ride capability. I will be using the 22' stock rims. The sport package from Pedders seems to fit the bill but it has springs in the front and i don't know if that is a negative. Thanks

luxurylife33
11-18-11, 03:06 PM
Your going to want to stick with the McGauheys kits. Go for the spindle version. Its right around $500. The rear lowers the position of the shocks so you can keep the air ride. You only have to change the rear springs also. You might get some rubbing with the 22's when your towing.

http://www.carparts.com/details/Cadillac/Escalade/McGaughys/Lowering_Kit/2007/MCG30009.html?TID=froogle&cpmcloki07cadillacescalade20072010mcgaughysmcg3000 91455400

Aerocoupe
11-18-11, 03:41 PM
From what I can tell by using the spindles up front you do not have to "adjust" the rods on the auto leveling system in the front. Using the springs in the rear with the shock mount relocator allows you to keep the auto level shocks but you have to "adjust" the rods on the auto level. I have heard stories of the rods snapping but I think people just got too aggressive with them and did not take their time. Here is a couple of threads on it:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/107353-mcgaughys-2-3-deluxe-drop-kit.html

Scroll down and there are three threads that one of the memebers posted. Granted these are for the older generation but its the same principle since the drop spindles are being used in lieu of "adjusting" the torsion bars.

Darren

richw3533
11-18-11, 07:11 PM
I had mine professionally lowered. I don't remember what kit they used but it included everything from new drop spindals, new shocks, new springs and all kinds of other things. It was pricey but well worth it. Kept the ride smooth and it still tows great. I can also still run 305/45 22's with very little rub on full turn.