: Back to Caddy

sztolcaddy
11-17-11, 09:16 PM
Welcome back all. After a break from Cadillac I got for me STS 2005 v8 RWD with Navi and sunroof with GMPP. What do now? I guess program memory seats.

R3TRO
11-18-11, 03:45 AM
What a PITA to program! Why no 1-2 button on the door? Kinda ridiculous to do it through the infortainment menu. Once it's all setup though, I like the personal key fobs, especially since "our" (funny how the girlfriend always finds an excuse to drive it) car has two different drivers almost daily.

malatu
11-18-11, 09:49 AM
What's the point of having "driver buttons 1 and 2" on the door when the car recognizes who you are by the fob you carry?

R3TRO
11-18-11, 04:22 PM
Because it's easier to program and on occasion my girlfriend will take the wrong set of keys and I have to go into the menu to select me as the driver instead of just pressing a button. Not to mention you CAN'T go into the menu when the car is moving. Read any magazine review and they all complain about it too.

caddyfat2
11-18-11, 04:28 PM
Tell GF to take the right fob and problem solved...LOL

1BadCadSTS
11-19-11, 08:16 AM
You clearly dont have nav then. Nav allows you to select right off the main screen.

sztolcaddy
11-29-11, 08:58 AM
Memory seats are great and I think I prefer to set it through the infotainment than with dedicated buttons on doors, we don't have Buicks.
Nav is OK,but I hate that I cancel the guidance in 1 click. Is there an easy way to cancel the guidance?