: Block heater question

janecanadian
11-17-11, 05:31 PM
for those of you that have a factory block heater, can you tell me where the heck the cord is and how to get it out? temps are dropping pretty fast here and I am going to need to plug my car in soon...thanks in advance...

TheCaptain
11-17-11, 08:32 PM
The cord is likely to be tied up in the upper left hand corner of the engine bay (when looking backward, toward the vehicle's underhood.) In front of the passenger seat near the firewall, right behind the airbox/ intake tube. You can just see the wires tied up behind my airbox!
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o51/TheCaptain07/SRX%20Mods/Blockheatercord.png

janecanadian
11-18-11, 11:01 AM
thanks Captain...I am just going to take it to the dealer's drive through and they can get it out...too cold now to be digging around for it:rant2:

TheCaptain
11-18-11, 11:03 AM
It should just be one zip tie that needs to be cut and it should come loose.

Just for your info.

What section of Canada are ya from? :D

janecanadian
11-18-11, 12:14 PM
I am actually in Saskatchewan as well...Regina, to be exact...

MLEO
11-19-11, 01:42 AM
My Block heater chord plug was hanging downward exactly where the Captain said. There was enough slack on mine so I left it tied and just pulled the plug up where it stays nicely in place.

Captain, your Air box looks different then mine...that custom?? I was thinking of a cone KNN for some extra hp and mpg...thinking it may be loud though....

TheCaptain
11-20-11, 11:29 PM
Hey! I visit/pass through Regina quite regularly! What colour and trim is yours? Maybe i've seen ya around! :D

MLEO I have a KPE intake with an AEM Filter an hydroshield. It is way louder then stock though! Old people don't like it... lol

SRX Cold Air Intake (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/226160-srx-cold-air-intake.html?highlight=intake)

KPE Cold Air Intake (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/220653-kpe-srx-3-0-air-intake.html?highlight=intake)

janecanadian
11-21-11, 11:08 AM
I have a 2011 luxury in mocha steel with a tan interior...good thing you provided the pic because when I took it in to the dealer this weekend I had to tell them where I thought it was...the guy was looking on the other side...:)

MLEO
11-22-11, 02:34 AM
Thanks Captain! And Looks like I finally get to pick up the mesh grille soon.....probably going to install it in summer with help from a previous thread of yours. Thanks!

carbeck
12-22-13, 06:09 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Captain for the above image, since we didn't know where the cord was on our 2014. We never had to find it on our 2011, because before we ever used it, the cord fell out of place and melted on the catalytic converter, forcing the dealer to install a new one.

However, when they did that for us, they routed the new cord out of the open area under the grille. The cord on our 2014 isn't long enough to do that, so we routed it out the top and shut the hood on it. I'm guessing the dealer had installed an accessory cord on the 2011 that was longer than the factory cord.

crump13
12-23-13, 01:17 AM
I was reading this thread and had never heard of a block heater and it is no wonder since I have lived my entire life in FL.... :-)

~Tina~

TheCaptain
12-23-13, 07:21 AM
Yea, -38 today. In need of a block heater for sure! (I think -38* is almost -38*F too. I know -40 is the same)

crump13
12-23-13, 10:17 PM
Yea, -38 today. In need of a block heater for sure! (I think -38* is almost -38*F too. I know -40 is the same)

If it gets down to -38* on any scale then you are in need of a new zip code.... :-)

~Tina~