: '91 seat removal

Harry Yarnell
11-17-11, 02:55 PM
My recent purchase requires me to remove the seats, but nothing happens when the buttons are activated. 12 volts is at the seat connector, and I can hear a faint click; the courtesy lights dim slightly indicating SOMETHING'S pulling a load.
This car's been sitting in a swamp-like area judging from all the mold inside, so rust/corrosion maybe an issue. I tried putting 18 volts directly to the seat connector. NADA.

The seats appear to be all the way back; are there bolts fastening the rear seat rails to the floor (some newer Caddy's only have two bolts holding them in place, with the other end of the rail dove-tailed to the floor) so I could unbolt the seat from the floor for removal?

OffThaHorseCEO
11-17-11, 06:08 PM
there are 4 bolts. two up front which im sure you have seen and then the two in the back that you dont have access to.

If the lights are dimming and you hear the clicks the switches are working so im guessing the hold up is the motor.

carnut
11-18-11, 10:59 AM
I would clean the switch 1st. The motors are fairly robust but the switch can become corroded and not allow proper voltage to the individual motors